* * * * * 1 votes

Amazon Android App: Buy Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for $7 and get 2000 ($20) in Amazon Coins

#31 stack9902   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

stack9902

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

amazon designed some the apps as optimized for kindles and are coded as kindle tablet editions which is what the grand theft auto game might be

got it, thank you!

#32 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

I can't fathom how playing a GTA game on a cellphone would be fun. With the touchscreen and all it just sounds like it would be annoying. Even on a tablet I just don't see how it wouldn't be annoying.

Who says you have to? Both the DualShock 3 and 360 pad, and maybe even the new console controllers, work great with most Android devices. There are also Android specific solutions like the MOGA controllers.

Also, Amazon, the company offering this deal, has something that might work and was recently launched. It's probably not a coincidence.

0dh0MfQ.jpg

#33 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Who says you have to? Both the DualShock 3 and 360 pad, and maybe even the new console controllers, work great with most Android devices. There are also Android specific solutions like the MOGA controllers.

Also, Amazon, the company offering this deal, has something that might work and was recently launched. It's probably not a coincidence.

0dh0MfQ.jpg

To add to this discussion, buying a Fire TV and controller is a pretty slick deal right now, for customers dropping the $140 on the Fire TV + Controller you'd get (or be able to get):

1. The Fire TV

2. The Game Controller

3. Sev-0, the game we made

4. 1,000 Coins for buying the controller

5. You could then use those 1,000 Coins to get GTA: San Andreas for free

6. You could then use your 2,000 additional Coins to get $20 in additional games

Cheers,

Tony

#34 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12838 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks, spent coins, got more coins.

#35 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

For some reason when I bought it I was given an additional 500 coins so now I have 2500 coins and $1.01 in app store credit.

same thing with me, then i noticed the email from amazon, in which we got a -500 in promotions credited towards the purchase.

#36 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I don't know if your department is responsible for all those recent AppStore promos but keep it up!

#37 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I don't know if your department is responsible for all those recent AppStore promos but keep it up!

Thanks man! I'll be around here and other communities talking about how to bring you even better deals. PLEASE tell me what kind of deals you want to see so I can try and run them down!

Cheers,
Tony

#38 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8596 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

GTA is great on Nvidia Shield for those that have one.

#39 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Thanks man! I'll be around here and other communities talking about how to bring you even better deals. PLEASE tell me what kind of deals you want to see so I can try and run them down!

Cheers,
Tony

I'd like to see a sale on great games without any IAP. The Room 1 & 2 (especially if we could get non-Kindle Fire builds, though I won't hold my breath), Ridiculous Fishing, Threes!, and Monument Valley come to mind.

Feel free to stop in the general Android thread as well. The Amazon Appstore and Coin deals make up a large part of the discussion.

#40 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4970 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Finally decided to buy it and get the coins. I was thinking of buying a Kindle Fire HDX (the offline watching of Prime videos is a big reason for it) for myself and a Fire TV for my mom so maybe I'll get to play San Andreas on one of those devices.

#41 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Glad to see you're still around.  Haven't been in the Amazon PCDD thread in some time but thought you were getting replaced.

Personally I like deals like this because where it's something I would be interested in like GTA SA but wouldn't really buy on it's own at $7 but when there's a credit towards more apps or something similar that I'll actually use to offset that it becomes more appealing.  The Minecraft promo with the 350 coins that essentially makes it half off is another good deal.  Or how buying certain digital PC games recently got you $5 of AppStore credit.  Like NBA 2K14 was a good deal on it's own at $7.50 but even better with that $5.  So it doesn't even have to be credit for the same category but something that has value to me is good too.  Though I'm sure we all prefer straight discounts this isn't a bad alternative when that's not an option.

That and more discounts/promotions on "core" games would be great too.

What I don't like is getting something like MP3 credit because I never use.  For me things like Spotify are such a staple that even buying music for free just ends up a hassle.

#42 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3820 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

This is certainly a good deal, but I very rarely buy any apps, or play any games on my phone. I've spent a total of $5 on two different apps since getting an Android phone. So I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for me.

#43 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Thanks OP. Spent $2 and my free $5 credit and got $20. I call that a bargain - the best I've ever had. (On amazon App Store.)

#44 frowninclown   Retail's for suckaz. CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

frowninclown

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

You actually have to have an Android device to even buy the games. FML  :wall:

#yayteamiphone

#45 equistina  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

You actually have to have an Android device to even buy the games. FML :wall:
#yayteamiphone

I bought them on my iphone

(But I sent them to deliver to my kindle)

#46 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Anyway to turn this into Amazon Gift Card type money?

#47 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4738 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

I... love Amazon.  So much.

#48 nitzerebb6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

nitzerebb6

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

GTA is great on Nvidia Shield for those that have one.

Trying to figure out how to download the Amazon version of GTA: San Andreas onto my Shield.  Bought it on my Kindle Fire but when I'm on my Shield with the Amazon Appstore app and try to download it, it says the Shield isn't compatible.  Any ideas?

#49 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Anyway to turn this into Amazon Gift Card type money?

No but you can turn it back into food stamps.

#50 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2068 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

There's a fair amount of apps available on Amazon, but what about apps that are free (or cheap) to download, but the real cost comes in unlocking content post-download (like Pinball Arcade and Star Wars Pinball), which can only be done in-app (as far as I know). The option to use coins only shows up on Kindle Fires. Is my Android phone (and Amazon coins) no good in these situations?

#51 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

There's a fair amount of apps available on Amazon, but what about apps that are free (or cheap) to download, but the real cost comes in unlocking content post-download (like Pinball Arcade and Star Wars Pinball), which can only be done in-app (as far as I know). The option to use coins only shows up on Kindle Fires. Is my Android phone (and Amazon coins) no good in these situations?

I just tested it on my phone and it let's me use coins for the star wars tables.

#52 Brock F'N Samson   FightingGame Brawler CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Brock F'N Samson

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Damn, I purchased The King Of Fighters Android using the coins for my Galaxy S3 and it doesn't work, even though it says it's suppose to. Any help would be appreciated.  :-( 

#53 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

No but you can turn it back into food stamps.

No need for racist jokes.

#54 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4495 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

The Walking Dead: Compendium 1 $39.99 $7.99

#55 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Nice deal for those who like Walking Dead...but this is the Amazon Android thread, not the Google Play one. So coins can't be used on this sadly.

#56 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

FREE:
Walking Dead Season 1

http://www.amazon.co...ds=walking dead

Walking Dead Season 2

Kindle Only: Compatible with Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX devices, 2nd Gen and up**

#57 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

FREE:
Walking Dead Season 1

Walking Dead Season 2

Kindle Only: Compatible with Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX devices, 2nd Gen and up**

Too bad Season 2 is probably just episode 1 and I just beat Season 1 like two months ago.