Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-all Star Battle (JP) $25 @ Amazon

Im going to guess the main menu is going to be in Japanese as well. If the game is Japanese,will it have a option to translate to English (ex.Anarchy Reigns)?

It's been ~$30 for months now. I looked back in December and would have bought it then but I found out they were releasing it stateside so I waited. If you like oddball games this one's for you. Just wish they would have put a little more effort into the port. Bare minimum menu translations is basically all we got. Voice acting and on-screen sound effects (think 60s Batman Pow!s) are all still in Japanese. Better than nothing though.

Voice acting and on-screen sound effects (think 60s Batman Pow!s) are all still in Japanese. Better than nothing though.
Sounds like a bonus to me. I hate having crappy English voices and such with no Japanese option or worse, the Japanese voices/music is dlc

Sounds like a bonus to me. I hate having crappy English voices and such with no Japanese option or worse, the Japanese voices/music is dlc
I typically like having Japanese voice acting too, but there should be an option for either. DLC is fine by me as well. No English option at all seems lazy/cheap to me. Considering the minimal port job they should have priced it at $30-40 instead of $50. At least they didn't go with the full $60 price tag I suppose.

I've been eyeballing this game a bit. i just got into JoJo (on Volume 1 Part 3 right now). Played the demo and it seems decent, but I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it.

I had the NA version, beat it and sold it to (almost) get my money back. It's not the worst fighter ever, plays kind of like a Japanese Injustice, but all of the characters are way too slow, some are extremely cheap and some are almost useless.

It probably also didn't help that I never read the manga, but I do like the HD remake of the old Capcom game on XBLA.

This is a game that's best suited for JoJo fans rather than regular fighting game fans. I don't think it's that slow, one needs to get adjusted to the speed anyway.

It's $50 because somehow Bandai Namco claimed a limited print run, even though I see this popping up on eBay.

Very good game. The netcode sucks but it's so much fun once you get past the "why does this feel so slow" stuff. Seriously you will hate the game for a little while but it gets so much better when you know what you are doing.

Keep in mind that you cannot play online with NA/EU/ASIA players with the JPN version. 

There isn't really much of anything you need it to be translated for. The DLC is cheaper on the NA copies if you were wanting to buy it. If you wanted to just buy it to play with friends offline and never touch the DLC then buy the import. The goofy subbing job isn't that big of a deal that you need buy an english copy.

This is of course assuming you are a Jojo Fan because the game really doesn't hold up well as a traditional fighter. CC2 tried and made improvements but it still has a few glaring flaws(framerate drops in a fighting game is still unacceptable to me).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back