* * - - - 4 votes

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-all Star Battle (JP) $25 @ Amazon

#1 tfr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00BHAF688

This is the Japanese version. US version is still $50.

#2 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago   Has been playing WWE 2K15
XONE

MetalMegaGio

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Im going to guess the main menu is going to be in Japanese as well. If the game is Japanese,will it have a option to translate to English (ex.Anarchy Reigns)?

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#3 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Might want to add import to the title also not only the op. clicked on the thread thinking it was the normal version

#4 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19134 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

Im going to guess the main menu is going to be in Japanese as well. If the game is Japanese,will it have a option to translate to English (ex.Anarchy Reigns)?

text in Japan only.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#5 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4385 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

crazy how Japanese version cost less to import than local NA version.

Selling/trading Smash Wii U Club Nintendo Pins. PM offers

Can pickup merch (shirts, plushes, Japan only stuff, common amiibo) from Nintendo World Store with shopping bag - PM inquiries!

Have discount art stuff for in custom amiibo painting etc - PM specifics!

#6 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19134 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

crazy how Japanese version cost less to import than local NA version.

It was out 9 months ago in Japan, so it is pretty normal.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#7 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago   Has been playing WWE 2K15
XONE

MetalMegaGio

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

text in Japan only.

Thanks, I guess ill pass on it since I don't know Japanese.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#8 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

It was out 9 months ago in Japan, so it is pretty normal.

That and the price tanked pretty badly. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

That and the price tanked pretty badly. 

Yep, people here hated it. I see it on the cheap all the time.

Posted Image

#10 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4603 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
3DS

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

It's been ~$30 for months now. I looked back in December and would have bought it then but I found out they were releasing it stateside so I waited. If you like oddball games this one's for you. Just wish they would have put a little more effort into the port. Bare minimum menu translations is basically all we got. Voice acting and on-screen sound effects (think 60s Batman Pow!s) are all still in Japanese. Better than nothing though.

#11 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Voice acting and on-screen sound effects (think 60s Batman Pow!s) are all still in Japanese. Better than nothing though.

Sounds like a bonus to me. I hate having crappy English voices and such with no Japanese option or worse, the Japanese voices/music is dlc

#12 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8374 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

You tease, you should have included that in the title.

#13 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4603 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
3DS

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Sounds like a bonus to me. I hate having crappy English voices and such with no Japanese option or worse, the Japanese voices/music is dlc

I typically like having Japanese voice acting too, but there should be an option for either. DLC is fine by me as well. No English option at all seems lazy/cheap to me. Considering the minimal port job they should have priced it at $30-40 instead of $50. At least they didn't go with the full $60 price tag I suppose.

#14 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4385 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Yep, people here hated it. I see it on the cheap all the time.

do you know why it faired poorly? jjba fans or fighting game fans hated it?

Selling/trading Smash Wii U Club Nintendo Pins. PM offers

Can pickup merch (shirts, plushes, Japan only stuff, common amiibo) from Nintendo World Store with shopping bag - PM inquiries!

Have discount art stuff for in custom amiibo painting etc - PM specifics!

#15 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19134 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

do you know why it faired poorly? jjba fans or fighting game fans hated it?

free to play crap.  At least they toned it down to 5 minutes now.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#16 TLOU  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

I've been eyeballing this game a bit. i just got into JoJo (on Volume 1 Part 3 right now). Played the demo and it seems decent, but I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it.

#17 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

I had the NA version, beat it and sold it to (almost) get my money back. It's not the worst fighter ever, plays kind of like a Japanese Injustice, but all of the characters are way too slow, some are extremely cheap and some are almost useless.

It probably also didn't help that I never read the manga, but I do like the HD remake of the old Capcom game on XBLA.

#18 detectiveconan16   Deposit the bottles. CAGiversary!   5167 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

This is a game that's best suited for JoJo fans rather than regular fighting game fans. I don't think it's that slow, one needs to get adjusted to the speed anyway.

It's $50 because somehow Bandai Namco claimed a limited print run, even though I see this popping up on eBay.

Batsugunner.png

#19 Remoe  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Very good game. The netcode sucks but it's so much fun once you get past the "why does this feel so slow" stuff. Seriously you will hate the game for a little while but it gets so much better when you know what you are doing.

Keep in mind that you cannot play online with NA/EU/ASIA players with the JPN version. 

#20 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's important to note that the Japanese release is actually a version behind the American release - there were a number of balance changes made to the US on top of the addition of an Arcade mode. Bamco hasn't announced any plans to bring these additions to the Japanese release, either, so buy with caution.

http://ls57tiger.fre...php?f=39&t=6831

#21 unpgriff9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

There isn't really much of anything you need it to be translated for. The DLC is cheaper on the NA copies if you were wanting to buy it. If you wanted to just buy it to play with friends offline and never touch the DLC then buy the import. The goofy subbing job isn't that big of a deal that you need buy an english copy.

This is of course assuming you are a Jojo Fan because the game really doesn't hold up well as a traditional fighter. CC2 tried and made improvements but it still has a few glaring flaws(framerate drops in a fighting game is still unacceptable to me).