GoHastings OLED Vita LE Madden 2013 / 3G 8GB Bundles/ Standard Wifi $200

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Madden 4GB Mem Card
3G 8GB Mem Card bundle

Wifi No Mem Card

This may not be the deal of the century, but someone started another forum asking if it is possible to find the OLED version of the PS Vita out in the wild and I came across these on GoHastings.com. They have the LE Madden Bundle with 4gb mem card, the 3G 8GB mem card Bundle and the Wifi model that doesn't come with any sort of memory card. Hastings also has the COD bundle for 249.99 but it isn't really a deal. Hopefully this helps someone and if this isn't a good enough deal, I am sure you will let me know in the comments.

Good on ya Corgi.  I know we're CAGs but we shouldn't sacrifice on the quality of the Vita screen just for a $50 cost savings or so.  We can save on the games, not suffering with a pos LCD screen(if it was up to me I'd force all of them into a recycling plant).

Good on ya Corgi. I know we're CAGs but we shouldn't sacrifice on the quality of the Vita screen just for a $50 cost savings or so. We can save on the games, not suffering with a pos LCD screen(if it was up to me I'd force all of them into a recycling plant).
All propaganda. The Vita slim screen looks fantastic. The only way you'd notice a difference is side by side comparison in your hands, and even then there isn't really enough to warrant one over the other based on the screen alone. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but the slim holds all the advantages for the rest of the hardware.

All propaganda. The Vita slim screen looks fantastic. The only way you'd notice a difference is side by side comparison in your hands, and even then there isn't really enough to warrant one over the other based on the screen alone. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but the slim holds all the advantages for the rest of the hardware.
Ya...as with all new technology, each has its own advantages/disadvantages. For example, there's the OLED mura effect (black blobs when there's a black background but the screen is lit)...which usually only crops up in loading screens but is visible in certain games (like Lone Survivor if I remember correctly). And I think OLED is more prone to burn-in and uneven color degradation over time. The OLED display IS pretty, but the issue's not as simple as "The OLED screen is amazing and the LCD screen is garbage".

I'm still tempted to get a Slim....but it's so hard to justify when the material is plasticky (the vita 1000 felt like a quality piece of hardware), the screen is inferior no matter how insignificant it may be, and the transfer rate is quicker with the proprietary cable.

Still, I'd like the mini usb charging and it's supposedly better to hold in your hands. And I'd like to get Borderlands with it.

Ya...as with all new technology, each has its own advantages/disadvantages. For example, there's the OLED mura effect (black blobs when there's a black background but the screen is lit)...which usually only crops up in loading screens but is visible in certain games (like Lone Survivor if I remember correctly). And I think OLED is more prone to burn-in and uneven color degradation over time. The OLED display IS pretty, but the issue's not as simple as "The OLED screen is amazing and the LCD screen is garbage".
Which is exactly why I'm trying to avoid this model all together. For my very first Vita I'm waiting for a white Vita Slim 2000 bundle for $150 or below. They really need to get rid of the proprietary memory cards and replace it with SD card support for up to 128GB. The prices of those proprietary cards are ridiculous. One of the very few reasons I haven't jumped on the Vita bandwagon yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is exactly why I'm trying to avoid this model all together. For my very first Vita I'm waiting for a white Vita Slim 2000 bundle for $150 or below. They really need to get rid of the proprietary memory cards and replace it with SD card support for up to 128GB. The prices of those proprietary cards are ridiculous. One of the very few reasons I haven't jumped on the Vita bandwagon yet...
That will never happen as the PSP was a hacker's paradise b/c of using Memory Sticks.

That will never happen as the PSP was a hacker's paradise b/c of using Memory Sticks.
No..those were hacked so many ways it wasn't funny. The battery, patapon 2, etc

While it was just as easy to do it on DS, Nintendo didn't go about changing the 3ds and charging out the butt for small amounts of memory. I love Sony and I love my vita but those memory card prices are dumb.

You are so right. I just got a Samsung 65" OLED and I have a mallet and am destroying it right now(lie but this needs emphasis). Death to OLED!!! I want an inferior replacement to CRT!!!! Praise LCD!!!! /sarcasm

Honestly though I refuse to give any quarter to LCD displays. They should all be destroyed and replaced with OLED. I'll be danged if I see the replacement to CRT for televisions be an inferior, garbage technology so that electronics companies can just make more money a unit.

SED looked to be a promising successor and that was killed off due to a lawsuit(likely financed by Sony to drain Toshiba's money to help kill HD DVD's backing), with the argument being that Toshiba wasn't the one that originally leased the tech and that was Canon. FED was killed because not enough broadcasters were willing to buy the technology from Sony to use as reference displays. Laser didn't pan out because it didn't live up to expectations I suspect(there was a lot of hype for these and it suddenly died out). Plasma, while not as perfect as CRT in terms of color reproduction though coming close, has been axed largely because of the Chinese wanting a piece of the technology if foreign companies are to import all the rare Earth metals(more than 85% of these metals found in China's IMAR(Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region)) used in Plasma sets.

So what do you suggest I do CAiNiAC? Shut up and tolerate an inferior picture because it doesn't have burn-in? OLED is the closest I can get to CRT now and the closest especially in a portable display(if I could somehow find an SED through some connections that's a compressed CRT essentially), do you now understand why I feel so passionate about this? I would pay $50 more for a PS Vita, like $250, if they had an AMOLED that alleviated some of your complaints. Why Sony can't give us this option I don't understand. I forgot to add this is the largest portable OLED display I believe.

edit: Add extra info by way of suspicions.

Plus I just know the history of all these displays that were comparable to the color reproduction quality of CRT's and each, with the exception of OLED, has been killed in one way or another.  Now LCD is the only one(of all the flat screen technologies) that has been widely adopted and it can't do blacks properly period.  They've tried and it just doesn't work, the closest they've come is selective dimming.  If you want to learn more about all of this stuff I will discuss it to you outside of this thread.

edit:  clarification

Sony is the only company that makes their systems worse with each revision. the george foreman ps3 is the ugliest shit I have ever seen

bread's done
Back