Battlefield Hardline out March 17th

fatmanforlife99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56_O7a_aKQ[/youtube]

Official site:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

Here are the first details on Battlefield Hardline's story, weapons, vehicles, multiplayer modes and more.

• Battlefield Hardline is based upon classic cop shows, and sees you embroiled in the war on crime. You'll "engage in all-out criminal warfare", according to the video, with you able to choose whether to protect or "serve yourself".
  • Multiplayer modes in Battlefield Hardline are "built with tactical co-ordination in mind", with you able to either organise hostage rescues as a SWAT team or stage elaborate bank heists as a criminal crew.
  • This forms the basis for the all-new Heist Mode, which sounds like a take on Payday's cops and robbers formula. The criminals must attempt to crack a bank vault and make off with the loot, while the cops have to prevent them from pulling off the job.
  • Rescue Mode, meanwhile, sees SWAT teams infiltrating a building to pull hostages out of "a robbery gone wrong".
  • Hotwire Mode sees cops chasing robbers across a sprawling open environment, with high-speed shootouts the order of the day.
  • Bloodmoney Mode is a fast-paced shootout over a huge pile of cash, as the cops and criminals fight over the wads of green to determine who gets it back to their safehouse.
  • Single-Player will adopt an episodic structure inspired by popular TV cop serials, with cliffhangers and all. You play as Nick Mendoza, "a young Miami detective who gets caught up in his own personal struggle between right and wrong, cop and criminal". He'll be out for revenge upon his once-trusted partners on the force who betrayed him.
  • Real actors are employed for the story once more, with LA Noire actor Adam Harrington (Roy Earle) taking a role as another cop with dubious morals. A cast comprised of actors from Justified, The Americans and House of Cards will be in the game.
  • Environments are wider and more expansive than ever before, while single-player episodes are set up to be played multiple times with varying approaches.
  • Destruction will makes its mark once more, with a range of locations - "both grimy and glitzy" - available to fulfil your destructive needs. The game's urban locales are described as "modern, sexy and of course, highly destructible".
  • Levolution events make a comeback alongside this dynamic destruction, in what promises to be the most "visually diverse Battlefield yet".
  • Weapons include the likes of sawn-off shotguns, tasers and the like, with a host of customisation options and an array of gadgets including ziplines and a police scanner that enables Mendoza to explore the world for clues and evidence. He can also scan suspects to look for outstanding warrants. The cash he makes for bringing them in can go towards new unlocks. Scanning a perp also marks them in orange on Nick's HUD, enabling you to avoid targets stealthily, take the fight directly to them or snipe them from on high.
  • Vehicles include police cruisers, armoured trucks, planes, boats, attack choppers and motorcycles. Vehicular gameplay is "fresh, fast and intense" the video boasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaked trailer, back when it was going by the codename of "Omaha" - lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHMCa1FbWE

Aside from the random dust and debris, seems nothing like a BF game to me.  Still might buy just to try it out.  Could be fun.

This is the Battlefield spinoff EA is bringing us instead of Bad Company 3.

And it's the game Visceral is developing instead of Dead Space 4.

:( :( :(

If it's made by DICE, I'll hold off for a few months after release for them to get it out of alpha stage to possibly beta...
DICE is currently making Star Wars Battlefront III. And it will be amazing. (It'd better be...)

It's not, it's made by Visceral (Dead Space series, Dante's Inferno).
Too bad they never got a chance to finish off the Dante trilogy... I enjoyed that game.

DICE is currently making Star Wars Battlefront III. And it will be amazing. (It'd better be...)

Too bad they never got a chance to finish off the Dante trilogy... I enjoyed that game.
i enjoyed dantes inferno game as well,

Leaked trailer, back when it was going by the codename of "Omaha" - lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHMCa1FbWE

Aside from the random dust and debris, seems nothing like a BF game to me. Still might buy just to try it out. Could be fun.
the video is already blocked by ea. LOL

It looks like Polygon uploaded a lower quality version to their site http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5757356/battlefield-hardline-trailer

After watching the video I can't help but think it looks like it would be pretty fun/interesting but I am getting burnt out on first person shooters. Honestly, I will probably pass on this. It looks like Battlefront III will be my next fps (unless Halo 5 drops before Battlefront). I do hope the best for Visceral though and look forward to seeing the final product. 

So DICE is doing the same thing that they did with Medal of Honor. Visceral will do the single player and DICE will do the Multiplayer. I thought the two MOH games were fantastic, the SP was very good. Hopefully its like that again and maybe DICE can make the MP better than it was for MOH.

So DICE is doing the same thing that they did with Medal of Honor. Visceral will do the single player and DICE will do the Multiplayer. I thought the two MOH games were fantastic, the SP was very good. Hopefully its like that again and maybe DICE can make the MP better than it was for MOH.
I noticed the trailer did mention DICE, but everything else online (albeit, all rumors so far) have suggested that Visceral and Ghosts are working on it. I can't imagine DICE folks have time to work on this, BF4, and Battlefront 3. Maybe their role is peripheral, providing support/consultation on the frostbite engine, etc.? Just my guess.

It looks like Polygon uploaded a lower quality version to their site http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5757356/battlefield-hardline-trailer

After watching the video I can't help but think it looks like it would be pretty fun/interesting but I am getting burnt out on first person shooters. Honestly, I will probably pass on this. It looks like Battlefront III will be my next fps (unless Halo 5 drops before Battlefront). I do hope the best for Visceral though and look forward to seeing the final product.
i just saw the trailer on gamespot. pretty cool

Its funny how DICE releases one game with issues (and it is still a great game), and people act like they are the worst developer out there. 

I'm excited for this. It looks like fun even though it looks ridiculous. I'm just worried about some of the animations I was seeing and some of the people were holding hand guns like they do in movies/tv (completely improper). Even though I work in Law Enforcement I still can't wait to play as a cop. 

Its funny how DICE releases one game with issues (and it is still a great game), and people act like they are the worst developer out there.

I'm excited for this. It looks like fun even though it looks ridiculous. I'm just worried about some of the animations I was seeing and some of the people were holding hand guns like they do in movies/tv (completely improper). Even though I work in Law Enforcement I still can't wait to play as a cop.
are you a cop in real life?

Their last 2 battlefield games had major issues at release. Battlefield 4 having major game breaking issues at launch while BF3 had big issues but was still playable and fun at launch. I am in no way saying they are a horrible Dev, but am saying that they have released 2 incomplete games recently. One to the point that I believe it would have been classified as Alpha by most developers. I am not saying alpha as in the game itself (when playable) wasn't beautiful and fun, as it is. I only say alpha due to glitches that made it literally unplayable both single player and multiplayer.

I do agree that I wonder how DICE is going to do this with having some larger set backs by having to fix BF4 and while working on a large undertaking of Battlefront series.

Basically I hope they don't half ass everything. They make awesome games and hate to see themselves stretched too thin to do what I know they can do.

Ninja I know you are a BF vet so I mean this with the upmost respect..BF4 on 360 was and still is the most broken POS I've ever played. I have more hours than I'm embarrassed to mention in the previous BFs and we are still playing BF3.

I understand PS4 and XB1 versions are fine, but for 360 and PS3..games are unplayable IMO. I think about the long term damage to my 360 from the umpteen hard freezes. Lag and more lag. So yea...call me gun shy on anything else DICE makes. They need to prove themselves again in my eyes. No day 1's from me anymore.

I noticed the trailer did mention DICE, but everything else online (albeit, all rumors so far) have suggested that Visceral and Ghosts are working on it. I can't imagine DICE folks have time to work on this, BF4, and Battlefront 3. Maybe their role is peripheral, providing support/consultation on the frostbite engine, etc.? Just my guess.
Ya I was wrong, DICE is only helping out. One of the head guys confirmed it on twitter.

battlefield hardline gameplay . hurry before it is removed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkknsCqAeFk

You're obligated to tell him, I learned this in Breaking Bad. :p
I am. Well I'm not a cop. I am a deputy, but for this discussion yes I am "cop"

Ninja I know you are a BF vet so I mean this with the upmost respect..BF4 on 360 was and still is the most broken POS I've ever played. I have more hours than I'm embarrassed to mention in the previous BFs and we are still playing BF3.

I understand PS4 and XB1 versions are fine, but for 360 and PS3..games are unplayable IMO. I think about the long term damage to my 360 from the umpteen hard freezes. Lag and more lag. So yea...call me gun shy on anything else DICE makes. They need to prove themselves again in my eyes. No day 1's from me anymore.
I only played the 360 version for a month so :?: The Xbox One version has been fine for a while other than Naval Strike

DICE just took on way too much. 2 new consoles, 2 old consoles, and pc.

Game looked terrible, don't get me wrong I've held a good love for Battlefield (At least until 4) but the gameplay and graphics for this one was a huge disappointment to watch.

Maybe I'm just jazzed because Call of Duty really looks good this year.

Supposedly.  I signed up 30m ago...nothing.  They said they'll send an email if selected....thought it was first come first serve as they said after the presentation.

I was able to sign up today for the PC beta and got an accepted email within hours of signing up. Its a lot of fun and I will definitely be buying this on release. Also, a beta is in the works for everyone else in the fall.

Good News for Xbox One owners. According to the developers the Xbox One version should run at 1080p/60FPS same as the PS4. Here's the exact quote below courtesy of Neogaf.

Visceral Games are working on the next entry in the Battlefield franchise which will be titled Hardline. Although different in theme than the main Battlefield series, it will still remain true to the roots that the the franchise is known. GamingBolt was able to get in touch with Ian Milham who is the Creative Director on Battlefield: Hardline at Visceral Games.
Battlefield Hardline is already confirmed to be running at 1080p and 60fps on the PlayStation 4, so where does that leave the Xbox One version? Ian confirmed to us, that ‘it should be the same.’
“If you look at the games that Visceral Games has made before, we have always strive for total parity between our platforms,” Ian explained. “Of course, the PC version, it will do whatever your PC can handle, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will obviously not be as high res as compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version. But those two [PS4 and Xbox One] should be locked in together.”

Battlefield Hardline is already confirmed to be running at 1080p and 60fps on the PlayStation 4, so where does that leave the Xbox One version? Ian confirmed to us, that ‘it should be the same.’
“If you look at the games that Visceral Games has made before, we have always strive for total parity between our platforms,” Ian explained. “Of course, the PC version, it will do whatever your PC can handle, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will obviously not be as high res as compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version. But those two [PS4 and Xbox One] should be locked in together.”
Don't get too happy yet. He said "should be" -- not "will be." They will probably strive for parity and for 1080/60 as other recent releases have tried to do, but ultimately admitted they couldn't.

Honestly, not even sure why this is so important. If the game looks fun, get it. I'm going to wait for a sale. This looks like a BF4 DLC to me (albeit a huge DLC...).

Too lazy to update the OP, but everything is pretty much listed here http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_Hardline

BF veterans will be getting a little something extra. Taken from xboxachievements

Visceral Games and EA are preparing a little treat for anyone who's played Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, with a free Veteran's Pack in Battlefield Hardline. If you have any of these games on any platform, then you'll be eligible for the free content.

Here's what you'll get in the Veteran's Pack for Battlefield Hardline:

• One in-game Veteran’s Patch
  • One 200% Objective Boost (active for 30 minutes once activated)
  • One 200% Teamplay Boost (active for 30 minutes once activated)
Make sure you have Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and/or Battlefield 4 registered on your platform of choice to ensure you get your free Veteran's Pack in Battlefield Hardline when the game launches on 17th March in North America and 20th March in Europe.

So I guess word is Hardline is 720p on the Xbox One and 900p on the PS4.  Honestly that seems pretty sad at this point in the development cycle.  I really expect most games to hit 900p on the Xbox One these days.  For me it can only speak to the quality of this game.

So I guess word is Hardline is 720p on the Xbox One and 900p on the PS4. Honestly that seems pretty sad at this point in the development cycle. I really expect most games to hit 900p on the Xbox One these days. For me it can only speak to the quality of this game.
That seems like a poor way of looking at it. I would much prefer games come out at 720p and be solid experiences than run 900+ and be just meh to shitty. DICE has been clearly trying to get BF4 to working order and just get used to the X1 architecture as well as Battlefront as well. I am hoping that the lowered resolution means they have been focusing on a seamless and fluid gaming experience and not caring as much about insignificant specs such as resolution.

I for one had a blast with the Beta and am looking forward to the full release regardless of the visual fidelity. As an artist I work with visuals all the time and so when I game I just care about having fun first and foremost.

Judging a game on graphics alone is a pretty silly argument. The order was one the best looking games graphics wise to be released, but everything else about it was shit. Pretty doesn't always equal a good game.

Darn I was hoping for at least 900p bump. 720p is just embarrassing at this point. I hope battlefront doesn't get the 720p treatment :(

bread's done
Back