Battlefield Hardline out March 17th

Judging a game on graphics alone is a pretty silly argument. The order was one the best looking games graphics wise to be released, but everything else about it was shit. Pretty doesn't always equal a good game.
I am not judging it on graphics alone but 900p is not asking for a lot. It says to me they would rather push the game out early than spending the time getting more out of the game.

I am not judging it on graphics alone but 900p is not asking for a lot. It says to me they would rather push the game out early than spending the time getting more out of the game.
You could look at it that it never is the decision of those directly working on the games to decide release dates usually and so given their time frame and workload they put visuals to the side for gameplay : D

That seems like a poor way of looking at it. I would much prefer games come out at 720p and be solid experiences than run 900+ and be just meh to shitty. DICE has been clearly trying to get BF4 to working order and just get used to the X1 architecture as well as Battlefront as well. I am hoping that the lowered resolution means they have been focusing on a seamless and fluid gaming experience and not caring as much about insignificant specs such as resolution.

I for one had a blast with the Beta and am looking forward to the full release regardless of the visual fidelity. As an artist I work with visuals all the time and so when I game I just care about having fun first and foremost.
and micro transactions ;)

Womp.

Yeah I like BF but know I can easily resist microtransactions here. I am really worried about what they are going to pull with Battlefront though because that will be harder to resist I am sure... : /
Different colored lightsabers. Lol.

The game so far is a blast to play. Once you get used to the speed. Hotwire, heist and blood money are all great modes to play. I hear rescue is too, just like counter strike rescuing the hostages.

The game so far is a blast to play. Once you get used to the speed. Hotwire, heist and blood money are all great modes to play. I hear rescue is too, just like counter strike rescuing the hostages.
Yeah I am digging it the tiny bit I was able to play so far this week. I was on the fence about actually preordering it though but then I hopped in a car (in Hotwire) and my teammate was driving so I lean out the passenger window as he is speeding around the map. I concentrate and pick off two guys with my Sniper that are also hanging out of windows shooting about in a car in the distance and I was like... damn what was pretty awesome and fun! But then the kicker was a minute later when he whips around a corner and I see one of the Hotwire cars? (I have no idea what they are called, the objective ones you have to steal hah) and I take careful aim as we are barreling down at the guy and pick off the driver with a single snipe to the tiny itty bitty part of his head sticking up above the seat. We blaze past the now parked car, I hop out and hijack it myself.

It was then that I was like.... that was freaking awesome I want to buy this game : D

Yeah I am digging it the tiny bit I was able to play so far this week. I was on the fence about actually preordering it though but then I hopped in a car (in Hotwire) and my teammate was driving so I lean out the passenger window as he is speeding around the map. I concentrate and pick off two guys with my Sniper that are also hanging out of windows shooting about in a car in the distance and I was like... damn what was pretty awesome and fun! But then the kicker was a minute later when he whips around a corner and I see one of the Hotwire cars? (I have no idea what they are called, the objective ones you have to steal hah) and I take careful aim as we are barreling down at the guy and pick off the driver with a single snipe to the tiny itty bitty part of his head sticking up above the seat. We blaze past the now parked car, I hop out and hijack it myself.

It was then that I was like.... that was freaking awesome I want to buy this game : D
welcome to battlefield

I initially preordered this at Gamestop. But since I have the EA Access, I get the 10% off. I went and cancelled my preorder, and just did the digital download which was $53.99. I don't get rid of my Battlefield games, so the disc was really not important to me. 

I could play Hotwire all day...really the only reason why I got the game.  Played about 8hrs over the weekend (EA Access) and still a blast!  I mainly suck compared to some people, but I'm hoping to get the hang of it as I play more.

Ya hotwire is definitely fun. Be a mechanic so you can repair the vehicle and keep it alive. Also, the mechanic has the grenade launcher which is super effective against enemy vehicles. You will rack up lots of points this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to squad up at some point and play some? I usually reside in Heist or Hotwire but I'm willing to expand my horizons. I'm no pro by any means, so you must be ready to deal with some negative K/D. lol

I'd be there if I had internet (non capped anyways). I'm a big Battlefield vet (started with 1942). Maybe in a few months, wheels are in motion to move.

Picked up the game yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it a lot more than BF4.  The story mode is great, I'm digging the episodes.  If anyone wants to add me, I'm down for some games!  I'm mainly playing conquest, blood money and TDM.        gamer tag ---                axl rose 4183

im always down to play with CAGs, my gt is same as CAG name
I added you.

If anyone wants to add me (or send me a message and make sure I accept your request/follow you back), my GT is N7 HydroX

I've been playing the hell out of Heist. Trying to convince my close minded friend to buy this game, but he's stuck on "waaahhh, this should have been a $20 expansion pack" mode.

Blood Money is my shit. Plus playing and winning is part of an achievement

I started playing some Blood Money. Seems pretty chaotic at times.

gotdott, sorry I don't talk much when you join in with me. I either A. don't notice you've joined, B. am preoccupied with my son, C. in a party chat with my anti-social friend, or D. all of the above. Haha.

We are glad to lay this one on you: a new season of Battlefest – the celebration of our faithful Battlefield players – will hit Battlefield™ Hardline. Kicking off March 26th 2015, Battlefest will bring over a full month of Hardline in-game happenings, competitions, Double XP events and more. Check the schedule below for what we’ve prepped.

MARCH 26 – MARCH 30
Double XP Event: 
This weekend, you’ll score double XP in Battlefield Hardline. Jump into the game, play the objective, and rank up faster than a speeding bullet.

MARCH 27
Gold Battlepack Giveaway: 
Login to Battlefield Hardline starting March 27 and you’ll receive a Gold Battlepack, containing in-game goodies like camos, weapon attachments and XP boosts.

APRIL 7 – MAY 4
Class Weeks: 
Operator, Mechanic, Professional, and Enforcer. We’ll celebrate each Battlefield Hardline class, serving great tips for each, and host class-related Community Missions where you can net exclusive rewards.

APRIL 7 – APRIL 30
ShadowPlay PC Contest: NVidia is challenging PC players to capture their most radical Battlefield Hardline moment for a chance to win modded PCs with branded Battlefield graphics. See the
ShadowPlay Contest Official Rules (available April 7).

APRIL 16
Competition: Stay tuned for more information and details on how to participate!

APRIL 22- APRIL 23
Game with Devs: 
Visceral and DICE developers will play Hardline on specific servers and let fans compete with and against them. Get a piece of the action and show us your skills.

MAY 4 – MAY 11
Community Mission:Show how tight you are with your crew in the fast-paced Hotwire mode. Prizes await if this Community Mission is completed.

MARCH 26 – MARCH 30
Double XP Event:
This weekend, you’ll score double XP in Battlefield Hardline. Jump into the game, play the objective, and rank up faster than a speeding bullet.

MARCH 27
Gold Battlepack Giveaway:
Login to Battlefield Hardline starting March 27 and you’ll receive a Gold Battlepack, containing in-game goodies like camos, weapon attachments and XP boosts.
Thanks! Guess I know what I'll be playing this weekend. The free Forza/Fast & Furious game will have to wait.

What's with the gold battlepack giveaway though? It says "starting March 27" so that does mean from that date onward, every single day we log in we get a free gold pack? Interesting...

Thanks! Guess I know what I'll be playing this weekend. The free Forza/Fast & Furious game will have to wait.

What's with the gold battlepack giveaway though? It says "starting March 27" so that does mean from that date onward, every single day we log in we get a free gold pack? Interesting...
It would be nice if it were daily since drop rates have been crap even for gold battlepacks in Hardline, but it's probably just an one time bonus for newcomers. Also just to note, Premium members will have another double XP event starting April 3rd.

PIcking up today after the BB sale.  Figure I'd give it a chance after the BF4 fiasco.  If I am on, feel free to add the "noob".    evilwon8675309

Just picked up the game for $25 after a cert and GCU at Best Buy. Glad I decided to hold off at launch, but even happier that I ended up getting the game. It's freaking awesome. It's kind of a breath of fresh air over the standard army aspects of shooters and the gameplay feels great. I haven't played many modes besides TDM which can at times be frustrating, but I'm loving the few hours I've put in so far.

Just played a bit of Hotwire. This honestly might be the worst game mode in any multiplayer game ever. Basically all I did was drive around in circles until the car blew up for the entire game and finished 1-10 every time. Am I missing something here? It's especially not helpful that I don't (think I) have access to the RPG at this point, so I can't really do anything to enemy vehicles either. Couldn't have possibly hated that any more.

lol hotwire is where its at. You can rank up like crazy in that mode. Just think of it as conquest with moving objectives. For sedans (4 door) and muscle/interceptor cars that start out at the home base, you can buy heavy weapon upgrades. Like the ones that are only on the map as battle pickups. You can buy the rpg, stinger and machine gun. When you equip it, go to the trunk and get the weapon out. You have to be the driver before it spawns. Hotwire is much more fun with at least one other squad buddy.

lol hotwire is where its at. You can rank up like crazy in that mode. Just think of it as conquest with moving objectives. For sedans (4 door) and muscle/interceptor cars that start out at the home base, you can buy heavy weapon upgrades. Like the ones that are only on the map as battle pickups. You can buy the rpg, stinger and machine gun. When you equip it, go to the trunk and get the weapon out. You have to be the driver before it spawns. Hotwire is much more fun with at least one other squad buddy.
That's true, I'd just rather be playing TDM where I'm constantly part of the action, instead of driving around trolling for XP until I get blown up with one hit lol. I think the mode has some potential, and for what it's worth I only joined a quick match game with like 20 or 30 people, so maybe a 64 player match would make it a bit more enjoyable. I also totally agree on the friend aspect. That's why I usually play TDM by myself and CQ/Rush with some friends. It's kind of tough to be in a squad of n00bs who have no idea what they're doing and/or people without mics. Going to let my buddy lift my GCU discount and order the game today, so I think that should make things a little more enjoyable for sure.

As for Hotwire vs Conquest, I see the similarities, but I'd prefer a standard CQ mode every time. It just feels to me like if you're not in one of the 5 objective cars there's not much you can really add to the game at all. At least with CQ if you wanted to go off on your own you can sneak into enemy bases that aren't being patrolled you can do that and at least feel like you're contributing something to the team. It also makes it easier to know that a large group of enemies will typically spawn at a certain area so you can rack up some kills by picking them off. I don't know, maybe I just need to give it some more time.

Anyway, anyone still playing this should give me an add - Millertime2325. Would love to hop on with a squad of CAGs.

That's true, I'd just rather be playing TDM where I'm constantly part of the action, instead of driving around trolling for XP until I get blown up with one hit lol. I think the mode has some potential, and for what it's worth I only joined a quick match game with like 20 or 30 people, so maybe a 64 player match would make it a bit more enjoyable. I also totally agree on the friend aspect. That's why I usually play TDM by myself and CQ/Rush with some friends. It's kind of tough to be in a squad of n00bs who have no idea what they're doing and/or people without mics. Going to let my buddy lift my GCU discount and order the game today, so I think that should make things a little more enjoyable for sure.

As for Hotwire vs Conquest, I see the similarities, but I'd prefer a standard CQ mode every time. It just feels to me like if you're not in one of the 5 objective cars there's not much you can really add to the game at all. At least with CQ if you wanted to go off on your own you can sneak into enemy bases that aren't being patrolled you can do that and at least feel like you're contributing something to the team. It also makes it easier to know that a large group of enemies will typically spawn at a certain area so you can rack up some kills by picking them off. I don't know, maybe I just need to give it some more time.

Anyway, anyone still playing this should give me an add - Millertime2325. Would love to hop on with a squad of CAGs.
The whole concept is either you are in the getaway car running away from pursuing vehicles and choppers or you are in a vehicle with a squad of buddies looking to drive-by shoot/rpg/C4 the objective car. Definitely one of those modes that's better with friends

Battlefest Class Weeks – The Operator

As part of the Battlefest celebrations, we are now kicking off the Battlefest Class Weeks. Throughout the following month, we will bring each of the four Battlefield™ Hardline classes into the limelight, handing out gameplay tips and in-game challenges. First up: the Operator class.

If you’re already down with the Assault class from Battlefield 4™, you know the score – this is a well-rounded class specialized in both firefights and healing teammates with their First Aid Packs and Defibrillators. These agents are in many ways the backbone of the Battlefield – truly a cop’s and criminal’s best friend. If you’re new to Battlefield Hardline, choosing Operator as your first class pick is not a bad idea.

Operator Community Mission

We’ve prepped a Community Mission exclusive to all you Operators out there, challenging your quick thinking and team play skills. Your objective: We want you to revive 10 million teammates before April 13, 2AM PDT. If you deliver, we’ll award you with a Gold Battlepack full of in-game goodies and a stunning Operator-themed wallpaper.

The Community Mission is active between April 7, 9AM PT and April 13, 2AM PT. You can track the mission progress on the “Missions” tab on Battlelog.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/news/view/battlefest-class-weeks-the-operator/

I'm having fun with it. all my friends but one will not get the game and the one does hates it. looking for more buddies. GT is bear489

At least tdm spawn killing will be patched soon. Its crazy that the OSW and the scar battle rifles are getting a buff. Use that k10 while you can, its getting a big nerf.

bread's done
Back