* * * * * 4 votes

CAG Amateur Developer's Thread

RPGMaker Gamefactory Indie dev developer steam

#61 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

Hey I just had a thought. What if I made a walking simulator and just called it Walking Simulator? Or Walking Simulator 2015?

#62 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

Hey I just had a thought. What if I made a walking simulator and just called it Walking Simulator? Or Walking Simulator 2015?

Then it would be in the next bundlestars. Was this a serious question?

#63 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

It has been done already: http://www.desura.co...e-of-the-fallen

#64 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

Then it would be in the next bundlestars. Was this a serious question?

It wasn't, but...

It has been done already: http://www.desura.co...e-of-the-fallen

They might have made a walking simulator, but for some reason they didn't call it Walking Simulator, which means the name is still open.

#65 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

Walking Simulator where you fart to propel you faster and into the air.  

#66 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

Wario_waft_halfcharged.jpg

#67 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

sounds pretty  Fuck ing boring since i do this all the time in real life already

#68 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

sounds pretty  Fuck ing boring since i do this all the time in real life already

Your life sounds awesome!

#69 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

It wasn't, but...

They might have made a walking simulator, but for some reason they didn't call it Walking Simulator, which means the name is still open.

This one is even tagged walking simulator and everyone probably even owns it.  Maybe try Sitting Simulator (not to be confused with Shitting Simulator).

#70 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

This one is even tagged walking simulator and everyone probably even owns it.

That's "manic depression simulator".

#71 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I don't need a simulator for that.

#72 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

This one is even tagged walking simulator and everyone probably even owns it.  Maybe try Sitting Simulator (not to be confused with Shitting Simulator).

I don't need a simulator for that.

My next game is Dear Escher, where you walk through impossible 3D environments while some lady says depressing things to you in Dutch. At the end:

Spoiler

#73 Duckvader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

My next game is Dear Escher, where you walk through impossible 3D environments while some lady says depressing things to you in Dutch. At the end:

Spoiler

Considering the humorous tone this thread contains, I don't know if you are joking around or being serious but that idea sounds really good. That ending, I think, would be in a lot of people's "Dang good ending" list.

#74 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Spoiler

This seriously sounds like the bullshit that if you actually made it so many reviewers would be like "OMGZ see video games are totally art GOTY FOREVER"

#75 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

Considering the humorous tone this thread contains, I don't know if you are joking around or being serious but that idea sounds really good. That ending, I think, would be in a lot of people's "Dang good ending" list.

I am actually pretty serious about that one, and Ding Dong Jump Jump, even though Ding Dong Jump Jump is just a silly name I gave to the game I am working on while I think of a better name. I've put a few dozen hours into scripting and 3d modeling and animation this week, and I am going to enter the Indie Game Maker Contest.

This seriously sounds like the bullshit that if you actually made it so many reviewers would be like "OMGZ see video games are totally art GOTY FOREVER"

Awww, thanks! :trainbowbarf:

#76 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

How is the game going, Fox?

Anyone else making a game? Or thinking about it?

#77 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'm attempting to. Whether I succeed or not before June 30th (my birthday!) will be a close call, though. Too much going on this month what with the lease to my apartment running out at the end of the month.

#78 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Haven't even started, though I did start looking at the guide to make my first game.  Between work, playfire rewards, and nature I haven't had as much gaming time as I wish I did.  

I'm attempting to. Whether I succeed or not before June 30th (my birthday!) will be a close call, though. Too much going on this month what with the lease to my apartment running out at the end of the month.

Moving is bitch.  I hate it.  Good luck with that.

#79 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

Thinking about it. I really need to get back to working on my current project.

Here's a probably horribly buggy demo release of it that I pulled out ages ago: https://www.dropbox....iring Range.exe

#80 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Moving is bitch.  I hate it.  Good luck with that.

Thanks.  Biggest issue I'm facing right now isn't so much the moving part as much as the finding a place to move to part...

#81 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Bad timing! :(

Haven't even started, though I did start looking at the guide to make my first game.  Between work, playfire rewards, and nature I haven't had as much gaming time as I wish I did.  

Looking at the guide is a good start. I tried to just jump in with RPG Maker and got precisely nowhere.

Thinking about it. I really need to get back to working on my current project.

Here's a probably horribly buggy demo release of it that I pulled out ages ago: https://www.dropbox....iring Range.exe

I like it!

#82 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

I like it!

Gave it a try? There's probably only about 30 minutes of gameplay there, and that's if you aren't blowing through it (there's a fair bit of talking, so that takes up some time). I can't remember if I put in a "the demo ends here" screen at some point or not. The last I finished was going into the wilds with Kira (there's one of three scripted battles up in the top right corner of the map, but I haven't done the other two and the rest of that place).

#83 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

I just noticed RPG Maker doesn't come with any black people. Can anybody recommend some good black children sprites and faces?

EDIT: Nvm I just found the random generator.

#84 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

I just noticed RPG Maker doesn't come with any black people.

And all this time I thought it was the developers who were racist.

#85 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

And all this time I thought it was the developers who were racist.

Black people in a JRPG?

asian-girl-laughing.gif

EDIT: No, the doesn't count.

#86 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Black people in a JRPG?

asian-girl-laughing.gif

WBZTh7F.png

#87 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

WBZTh7F.png

Racist_White_Mage_3_12png_tn.jpg

#88 Klawd   Beware my power! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

Racist_White_Mage_3_12png_tn.jpg

Pretty sure that just ruined my childhood. Thanks lol

#89 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Black people in a JRPG?

asian-girl-laughing.gif

What about the bird's nest afro dude because that's not racist at all

#90 Momouchi  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

I used these tutorials for RPG Maker to avoid jumping in completely blind. They were decent and gave me some ideas. http://www.rpgmakerw...ducts/tutorials  But now, real life is catching up with my free time. Moving sucks, helping my parents move this week and moving myself to another state the next.