YMMV $5 Wii, DS, 3DS, VITA, PS3, and Xbox 360 games @ Target

Zantra

Banned
I found a selection of older games in the $1 to $3 dollar section at my local Target store. Lots of Shovelware but a few decent titles for 5 bucks. The ones that I can remember are...
Wii: Game Party
DS: An RTS game that I can't remember the name of, but it looked crappy, and Spectrobes: Beyond the portals collectors edition
3DS: A lot of shovelware, nothing worth mentioning at my store. A few licensed movie games.
VITA: Unit 13 and Little Deviants.
PS3: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and a few of those drawing pad games like the marvel one.
Xbox 360: Similar to the PS3 selection, with some added Kinect shovelware. The other games were an old madden game, the swimming game with that famous olympic diver, the Victorious game, and an old Forza game.

I got the Spectrobes game. Since I like the series. I know that the online doesn't work for the game, and the majority of games were Wii and DS games, probably because of that fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope this turns out to be nation wide like the buy 1 get 1 but un advertised...id prob pick up little deviants for 3 dollars for the vita :p

I found a selection of older games in the $1 to $3 dollar section at my local Target store. Lots of Shovelware but a few decent titles for 5 bucks. The ones that I can remember are...
Wii: Game Party
DS: An RTS game that I can't remember the name of, but it looked crappy, and Spectrobes: Beyond the portals collectors edition
3DS: A lot of shovelware, nothing worth mentioning at my store. A few licensed movie games.
VITA: Unit 13 and Little Deviants.
PS3: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and a few of those drawing pad games like the marvel one.
Xbox 360: Similar to the PS3 selection, with some added Kinect shovelware. The other games were an old madden game, the swimming game with that famous olympic diver, the Victorious game, and an old Forza game.

I got the Spectrobes game. Since I like the series. I know that the online doesn't work for the game, and the majority of games were Wii and DS games, probably because of that fact.
What part of the store? In the electronics section on in the front with the cheap stuff?

They were all 5 bucks, despite being in the 3 dollar section. Though, you can use the 20% off cartwheel coupon on PS3 and Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed games to get Assassin's Creed 2 for $3 (probably). I already have the game, so I didn't bother trying to see if it would work.

What part of the store? In the electronics section on in the front with the cheap stuff?
The 1 to 3 dollar section. In most Target stores it is found in the very front by the carts and cash registers. In two story Targets, it depends.

Any chance you could post a DPCI? I'd guess these have new barcode stickers over the backs, at least Target.com says Little Deviants isn't carried in store.

There are three that I know of. 2 two story Targets in San Francisco, and 1 in San Bruno. They are pretty cool, and carry higher end stuff than normal Targets.

Any chance you could post a DPCI? I'd guess these have new barcode stickers over the backs, at least Target.com says Little Deviants isn't carried in store.
I only bought Spectrobes, and I am not currently at home. But I will upload a pic to this thread when I am at my computer.

I don't shop very much at Target, but in FL we have Super Targets that are enormous Targets on steroids.
That's one of the reasons that I loved living in Florida. The super Targets and Walmarts.

I only bought Spectrobes, and I am not currently at home. But I will upload a pic to this thread when I am at my computer.
I was dumb and unwrapped the game while I was shopping to look at the cool Spectrobes cards that come with the game. And, without thinking, I tossed the plastic wrapper with the price tag in the trash. But, I can tell you the code on the receipt. It rang up as MISC 234010015 VIDEO GAME. I would assume that they all ring up this way, since the all had the same $5 tag pasted over the original barcode of the games.

The games at the Davis target were stuck on the bottom shelf near the back of the display. I thought that somebody had just stuffed a game there, but when I reached down to look closer. I saw a big pile of games haphazardly stacked on top of each other. Similar to the way that games are stacked on clearance in the electronics section.

Come on people, lets talk about our finds, not the size of our Targets.

I'll have to hit up some Targets tomorrow and see if I can find those Vita games. If so I'll return the copies I picked up at Best Buy today.

The selection probably varies store to store. Most games had a single copy on sale. I didn't see any doubles except for the drawing pad games for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I used to work at a Macy's that was 7 stories, and we had 9 stories of stock rooms. It was a nightmare to restock that store. We had 5 trucks of merchandise a day. And, 12 trucks during the holiday season.

I'm totally checking Target tomorrow for Spectrobes. And just to confirm: This was found in the front of the store with the dollar stuff?

I'm totally checking Target tomorrow for Spectrobes. And just to confirm: This was found in the front of the store with the dollar stuff?
Yes. The dollar section. The dollar section at my store seems to have become the $3 dollar and "as seen on TV" section. But, the sign says $1-$3.

I was dumb and unwrapped the game while I was shopping to look at the cool Spectrobes cards that come with the game. And, without thinking, I tossed the plastic wrapper with the price tag in the trash. But, I can tell you the code on the receipt. It rang up as MISC 234010015 VIDEO GAME. I would assume that they all ring up this way, since the all had the same $5 tag pasted over the original barcode of the games.
The DPCI 234-01-0015 was all we need to see if these are in stock, thanks!

I would probably edit the OP to include that as well.

That's a better selection than the games at my Target. It was pretty picked over. It's a miracle that I found Spectrobes. The Spectrobes series is a great Disney game franchise. It may borrow from Pokemon in some ways, but it is very entertaining.

I've personally seen these in two places, in some stores they are in "The Spot" when you first walk in (that place with all the cheap crap).  I've also seen them in electronics, but only in stores that didn't have a "The Spot" area - or stores that insist on putting a plastic prison on every game regardless of price.

Only notable one I've seen is Singularity for PS3 for $5.

bread's done
Back