The Curse of Brotherhood & Halo: Spartan Assault #gameswithgold already free to download!

I heard the Xbox One Games with gold are like Ps plus - as in once your gold subscription is up, they can no longer be played. 

On halo Spartan Assault my download stops and 100 and gives an error code but the ms code lookup  says no results. classic microsoft customer support

[quote name="vantheman" post="11811857" timestamp="1401831909"]Doesn't affect me since I have the Xbox one, but has anyone who doesn't own a one tried to purchase these online?[/quote]

My brother was able to do it and he doesn't have an xbox one yet.

[quote name="thedolphinsrule" post="11811933" timestamp="1401833735"]Not free for me as I just check the online store for Halo: Spartan Assault[/quote]

Try going to a friends house who has an xb1 and download.

You heard right, it's a subscription based model now.
I thought they explicitly stated the opposite. Wasn't that the big distinction with Games with Gold? That they are free forever regardless of gold status after purchase? Or did they change that when they announced the XB1 content and I missed it?

Either way I purchased both. Now if only I could figure out why the hell my XB1 won't connect to the internet anymore...

I thought they explicitly stated the opposite. Wasn't that the big distinction with Games with Gold? That they are free forever regardless of gold status after purchase? Or did they change that when they announced the XB1 content and I missed it?

Either way I purchased both. Now if only I could figure out why the hell my XB1 won't connect to the internet anymore...
its was changed for the xb1. I'm not sure if there was any confirmation about the 360 GWG staying the same but the xb1 GWG is definitely subscription based now.

Seems like a lot of people including myself can't fully download the games yet. Stopping at 100% error. MS seems to have acknowledged on twitter so I wouldn't waste my time calling.

[quote name="poopmastr7" post="11812242" timestamp="1401841665"]Seems like a lot of people including myself can't fully download the games yet. Stopping at 100% error. MS seems to have acknowledged on twitter so I wouldn't waste my time calling.[/quote]

That's weird, I just played both right now with no problems.

Halo gave me an install error at the end, but after 5-7 tries or so it finished.

Haven't tried Max yet.

Also, OP, please castrate yourself with a rusty spoon.  Then remove the hashtag from the topic.

[quote name="Darby27" post="11812295" timestamp="1401842778"]Halo gave me an install error at the end, but after 5-7 tries or so it finished.

Haven't tried Max yet.

Also, OP, please castrate yourself with a rusty spoon. Then remove the hashtag from the topic.[/quote]

Wow man, you really need a life. Maybe you should stop insulting people and look at your own mistakes. Is it really necessary to insult people? Does it make you feel good?

I haven't been able to install either one. Both failed at 99%. Deleted and trying to install again. Why is this so slow though? This is as bad as a ps3. I was never able to download Killer instinct classic, failed at 99% too.

I haven't been able to install either one. Both failed at 99%. Deleted and trying to install again. Why is this so slow though? This is as bad as a ps3. I was never able to download Killer instinct classic, failed at 99% too.
It's not downloading because it's bugged. The games are only supposed to be playable in the June Patch so unless you're in the preview program they just hang at 99%. Microsoft Support has said they're looking into the issue.

I am not in the preview for the updates program and I don't have the patch yet. However both games installed for me, even played Max. Haven't played Halo yet but I assume it works. No errors.

I bought Spartan Assault when it was on sale a while back and am yet to play it haha

I would nab Crimson Dragon on sale now but with this program they dont have that much to pick from so I will just hold out on that one.

Is there any way to see your purchase history for Xbox One online? I don't have a X1 yet but I purchased the two games online but I want to see if they actually went through.

If you're having issues with Spartan Assault and Max getting stuck at 99% and then failing to install try to update your console, it fixed the problem for me. (I'm not in the preview program, so this must be the June update.)

Go into system settings and check for update. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh had a hard time with the links above, try this for halo spartan assault (I only have 360 and was able to "purchase" both)

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Halo-Spartan-Assault/a3807603-9e22-48b2-8b75-c6bf36ddc511
Does this mean the xbox.xom site is "fixed" in regards to free purchases? I had to go through my console to download the free gold games (360) for the past few months as online wouldn't go through.

A bit off topic but does anyone know if codes can be verified (and not redeemed) online like it an be done on the console (playstation has that feature on their site).

also I got an email that a promotional $0.50 credit of my xbox balance is expiring soon (probably expired already). fucking joke that they have expiration dates for this.

If you're having issues with Spartan Assault and Max getting stuck at 99% and then failing to install try to update your console, it fixed the problem for me. (I'm not in the preview program, so this must be the June update.)

Go into system settings and check for update.
Just did this and both games installed finally. Thanks

bread's done
Back