* * * * * 1 votes

DEAD-Amazon Get up to 30% off pre-orders

amazon games sale discount E3 cheap canada

#31 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

*looks* Persona Q is still on the list found on their site, on page 26, Akiba is on page 5 or 6, here:

http://www.amazon.ca...pf_rd_i=3198031

Try reminding them?

Could be a mistake on their end. Collectors Editions have never been part of these promotions in my experience. Also, it doesn't have the promotion offer like the rest of their games.

#32 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone know what actually comes in the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition? For $60 I figured why not. I haven't bought a new sports game in ages, usually playing 2-3 years old since they're cheap.

#33 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I tried getting the %15-%30 off after placing my order by talking to someone in chat, but they said they forwarded my "complaint" to the promotion's team, and that I would get an email within 1-2 business days. I'm gonna try again in an hour and see if someone else is in chat.

#34 lowlowgoodprice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

lowlowgoodprice

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

dang it! id idnt realize... that that 15% was part of their e3 deal normally amazon always some stupid standard "discount" so naive of me to think amazon was just trying to get more people to buy... by keeping the parody prices plus matching retailers deals so sad.! plus noooo missed out! could have a repeat of last year deal this year D: good job you guys who got in early you gotted the woooorms D:

#35 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

Here's my chat log. It's super, super long, but I highlighted the lulz towards the end in red.

TL;DR: they fucked up numerous times over the past few days and are trying their damnedest not to honour the promotion on the shit they didn't want part of the promotion. Next time just order quicker, I guess.

I'll update in a few days when that e-mail comes in. It'd be nice to get The Order 1886 Premium Edition for $105, and those other PS4 titles for $42, but if not, oh well. Best Buy's deal, atleast, is legit.

@ragnar14 - asking for Persona Q's CE to be discounted was a huge stretch. I know it's in the list of games, even now, you get from the promotion's link, but was it ever actually part of the promotion on the product page? I mean...

#36 lowlowgoodprice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

lowlowgoodprice

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

lulz indeed man!

at least you got your order in before the price went back to 150! hah

#37 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Honestly this is the worst amazon.ca sale in years. It could have been good but they screwed up it royally with their eligible-but-not-eligible titles and the various percentage "waves". Who's running the show north of the border? Why are we getting such a second-rate version? It's not like they just started here either, unlike Target...

#38 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

Collector's Editions have never been apart of these types of sales from what I've seen. Though, I do find it idiotic how Akiba's Trip and co don't qualify.

#39 lowlowgoodprice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

lowlowgoodprice

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Collector's Editions have never been apart of these types of sales from what I've seen. Though, I do find it idiotic how Akiba's Trip and co don't qualify.

werd!

#40 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

The the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition that I ordered, will that be canceled?

#41 sikboy1029   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

sikboy1029

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

So this is irrelevant to US customers, right?

edit: yeah, just checked the prices on .com, bummer,,,

#42 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Their sale is a joke. I pulled a bunch of games off of the direct link from the promotion, only to get nothing on the front or back end in terms of a rebate. I used the chat, and called, only to get nothing useful in response. I'm supposed to wait till Tuesday to hear something again. I'm cancelling my order. Luckily I already pre-ordered all of the games I wanted from BB too.

#43 Socpens  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Yoshi's Whooly World is only $50.99 still, better than what BB is offering. However yeah, the deal is pretty much dead.

#44 irishcthulhu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

irishcthulhu

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Has anyone who pre ordered Destiny from amazon during this sale had any issues getting their beta key? I didn't get one when I ordered on Tuesday and customer service isn't being all that helpful with providing answers.

#45 Socpens  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Has anyone who pre ordered Destiny from amazon during this sale had any issues getting their beta key? I didn't get one when I ordered on Tuesday and customer service isn't being all that helpful with providing answers.

I got one on Tuesday when I preordered at first. Got it within minutes of ordering.

#46 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

So, can anyone explain to me how Amazon can have Akiba's Trip for $44.99, but Best Buy and Futureshop are charging $49.99? 

#47 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone gotten adjustment emails yet? It's been two days, so.

#48 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

Nope...

#49 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

I wrote a fairly thorough complaint letter and got back a "too bad, so sad" response.

#50 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

I wrote a fairly thorough complaint letter and got back a "too bad, so sad" response.

Meaning? Gonna need some context, because some of us only got 15% and are looking to get that additional 15% discounted.

#51 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

Here's the response I got...

Hello from Amazon.ca, 

I understand your concern regarding 30% promotion for the items you have ordered. 

The price of the item listed on our website is after deducting 15% discount. 

When we offer a discount on an item, we display the item's list price with a horizontal slash through it--a visual demonstration of how we "slash" prices on thousands of titles on our web site. 

I see that the additional 15% discount has been applied to your order. The 30% discount includes 15% of discount over the list price for each item+15% promotion applied to the order cost. 

For your reference, here is the order cost details: 
Subtotal:     CDN$ 165.72 
Total Promotions Applied:     - CDN$ 29.83 
GST:     CDN$ 17.67 
PST:     CDN$ 0.00 

Order Total: CDN$ 153.56 

This CDN$ 29.83(15%) promotion + 15% of discounted item cost of each item in the order makes up 30% discount. 

You can also see the eligible promotional items in the following link: 

Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less.

#52 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

Yeah that's how it works, and is the expected response. You shouldn't be surprised, positive results were pure luck.

I've been waiting 3 days for a response on a order where I dropped in 3 qualifying games (plus the Persona Q LE), and -did not- get the checkout promotional discount. At all. Whilst waiting around I dropped a nearly identical order in with BB, so I don't care too much if Amazon doesn't come though. I'm just getting annoyed at the wait for what should be a simple fix.

#53 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

"Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less."

Amazon and BB basically had majority of their games at the same prices. Amazon had Pokemon's Ruby and Sapphire for $44.99 - 15% during the promo. 

#54 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

Meaning? Gonna need some context, because some of us only got 15% and are looking to get that additional 15% discounted.

This is what I got in response to my complaint letter, basically asserting that the sale was a total bait and switch, and that half of the titles included in their pre-order section (linked from the main page) inexplicably are not included in the promotion on the front end, or the back end (i.e. 0% discount).

"

Hello from Amazon.ca, 

I understand your concern regarding 30% promotion for the items you have ordered under order #. 

I have reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I offer my sincere apologies for any misunderstandings thus far. 

I see that, a colleague of mine is personally following with this issue with your order and will get back to you via email with the information regarding the promotion on or before June 17, 2014. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Once again, I'm truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this level of service. I hope that you will honor us with another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future. 

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.ca is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard. 

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Paul V."

#55 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

I also got a letter similar to Syn, except that only 3-4 out of my 12 games got the "discount". That was what prompted me to first cancel, then send the complaint.

#56 Faytz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

I also got a letter similar to Syn, except that only 3-4 out of my 12 games got the "discount". That was what prompted me to first cancel, then send the complaint.

Ya, shady business practices. That's why I made majority of my orders at bestbuy and just cancel the ones here. Would definitely order anywhere else before amazon from now on.

#57 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

"Lame...still better than BB's prices, lame none-the-less."

Amazon and BB basically had majority of their games at the same prices. Amazon had Pokemon's Ruby and Sapphire for $44.99 - 15% during the promo. 

When I was checking the site during the sales, BB was almost always at $69.99 for their games. For some reason, the way Amazon was applying discounts was about $10 cheaper for me.

I tried arguing that the game showed it's price, and then directly below that it clearly said "up to 30%" off (I provided a screenshot of a game from a few days ago). They still didn't budge.

Not huge, I got the 30% off at the end of the day ($136 before taxes). That's about $45 per game. Most games retail for $70 now (in Canada) so I'm already saying $25. Not to mention I ordered NHL 15 Ultimate Edition which I believe retailing for $79.99 (?). I will probably try to sell off the DLC codes that comes with that to make $10-20 extra.

#58 king_bronx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

king_bronx

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Ya, shady business practices. That's why I made majority of my orders at bestbuy and just cancel the ones here. Would definitely order anywhere else before amazon from now on.

I also insinuated that they're basically digging their own graves by pissing gamers off with this sale. Since normally large corps don't really care about the loss of a sale here or there because most people will just buy anyway. But I personally cancelled a 1000$ order. Now, if there are a bunch of people doing that, then that starts to hurt. 

They probably won't learn a thing from this, but like you said, I certainly won't be using them for a pre-order in the future.

#59 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Not allowing certain games like Akiba's Trip and co prompt me to not do their offer. At least Best Buy allowed me to save some cash on it.

#60 banksst   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Ya amazon kinda sucked with some games like PvZ:GW which i would've loved to get at 30% off but oh well amazon still had some pretty awesome discounts on some of their games that still made it the best place for me to pre-order my games at, I got 6 games

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, games, sale, discount, E3, cheap, canada