DEAD-Amazon Get up to 30% off pre-orders

banksst

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, they do the same as Best Buy, charge as each game ships. They do check your payment method to see if it works.

As it stands the Amazon deal is worse than the Best Buy one. The prices are already 15% off, then you get another 15% off at checkout. Earlier it was 15% off then 30% off at checkout but they have fixed that.

You can try to contact a service representative to get the extra 15% off but they have gotten so many people doing that they are beginning to turn people down. If you get the additional 15% it is better than the BB deal.

Nope, they do the same as Best Buy, charge as each game ships. They do check your payment method to see if it works.

As it stands the Amazon deal is worse than the Best Buy one. The prices are already 15% off, then you get another 15% off at checkout. Earlier it was 15% off then 30% off at checkout but they have fixed that.

You can try to contact a service representative to get the extra 15% off but they have gotten so many people doing that they are beginning to turn people down. If you get the additional 15% it is better than the BB deal.
Ah i see i didn't realize that 15% of it was applied prior to the checkout

I called in and they had to manually adjust the discount for me...but as they were doing so...the system applied the discount again...

Net result...Witcher 3 = $25, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire = 16 o_O

This should be pretty sweet, because Amazons preorder selection is better than BB/FS. But the deal isn't for 30% off, it's "Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles".

"Up to" is an annoying exclusion. A lot of games I want to preorder have no initial discount, so they're only 15% off. But it's Amazon, cancelling stuff should be simple. So I'm just going to place a big mass order, and cut parts off of it if they pop up on BB/FS.

Edit: Grr, Akiba's Trip isn't even getting a discount applied to it, when it's on the list and everything.

Which version of Akiba's Trip should I get? I heard both versions are basically the same.

Edit: Nevermind, Akiba's Trip isn't getting the discount.

Bunch of links headed your way fresh off of Sony's conference:

White PS4 Destiny Bundle:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Little Big Planet 3 (PS4):

Uncharted 4 (PS4):

GTA V (PS4):

LBP3 and UC4 are already discounted the initial 15% but the 15% at checkout is not applying for any of the above games..

This also raises an issue: the Destiny Bundle is priced at $449.99. The regular sku is also priced at $449.99.

Could this indicate that the regular sku will drop to $399.99? Or perhaps it is a pricing error and they will bump the Destiny bundle up to $499.99. I guess we will see. I would not mind buying the Destiny bundle, but I'd much rather just get the regular sku at $399.99. Hopefully the price goes back down. If the Destiny bundle's price goes up I will cry for many days, weeks maybe.

So, I tried pre-ordering both Pokemons and Smash Bros 3DS. I get to the check out and it only shows me getting $20 off. Is this with both 15% or what?

So, I tried pre-ordering both Pokemons and Smash Bros 3DS. I get to the check out and it only shows me getting $20 off. Is this with both 15% or what?
The deal has changed. It's 15% off the original price, then 15% off at checkout. So you're really just getting 15% off the listed price.

So BB has the best e3 deal?
Some people have managed to get that extra 15% through some customer service reps, but I think that today they're all going to be aware that they should not be giving the extra 15% off. You can try your luck, if you can't get that extra 15% then yeah BB has a better deal.

Some people have managed to get that extra 15% through some customer service reps, but I think that today they're all going to be aware that they should not be giving the extra 15% off. You can try your luck, if you can't get that extra 15% then yeah BB has a better deal.
Well, I got that. Not what I asked for. I understood the deal and was just asking for my missing checkout discount for Akiba's Trip. My CS guy didn't bother with that, and instead reduced all the games base prices by 15%.

That makes Rorona Plus a great deal. It's extremely unlikely BB is going to stock it, it's from Koei and out in 2 weeks. If they were going to stock it they'd already be listing it.

So BB has the best e3 deal?
Not necessarily, Amazon has the a couple of steeper discounts right at the beggining like with The Evil Within which is currently only $50.99. here's my choices

Destiny+The Evil Within+FarCry4

Amazon=$147.42 BestBuy=$166.08

Winner:Amazon

Persona Q Collector's Edition is up on amazon.ca but doesn't have any discount either. Preordering anyway because it might sell out.

I'm bummed because I would actually preorder three titles (Atelier Rorona Plus, Akiba's Trip and Persona Q) but only one of them is applicable for the 30% discount, despite the other two showing up in the E3 list.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KVRK39A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB
I don't think Collector's Editions ever qualify for these discounts.

Well sent a email for akiba, atelier rorona plus and persona q collectors. hopefully they'll adjust the price.

as for the amazon.ca deal... yesterday they had the game discounted first (the 15%), but right now it only shows the original price and however much it is in the end.... somehow I feel i'm only getting around 20% off my purchases....

Hahah, are you me? I sent the same email.
Actually I just called, cause it's confusing on how their promotion works. All they gave me is they don't qualify. End of story. So I just cancelled. I will probably reorder persona q collectors at eb games... I kind of want to reorder my tales of xillia 2 collectors edition at bestbuy too.

All they gave me is they don't qualify. End of story.
That's false advertising. Those games are on the list of qualifying preorder games. That's how I found them myself. The only arguable point is how much the discount is.

I plugged in another order with Persona Q & stuff this morning too, and sent a message to customer service. My reply was that the CS rep would speak with the promotion department and get back to me. Soooo, I'm waiting I guess.

That's false advertising. Those games are on the list of qualifying preorder games. That's how I found them myself. The only arguable point is how much the discount is.

I plugged in another order with Persona Q & stuff this morning too, and sent a message to customer service. My reply was that the CS rep would speak with the promotion department and get back to me. Soooo, I'm waiting I guess.
I agree with you, but she said they're not on their list so therefore don't qualify etc. Also the discounts only states you can get "UP TO" 30% off..... but what it really is is only 15% off if you preorder three qualifying games. depending on their mood, the other 15% might be on other games or not.... so ya. the amazon.ca deal are rather cold... too bad bestbuy doesn't have the games I want on their site.

i think they might have fixed it. i cant find them on the list anymore

I tried to find the list you link via the website, and i realize if you just click game page, you get a smaller list, if you go through all video games, you get the bigger list (the one you link to).

Well I place the order again, and this time I called got a nicer lady and she said she'll have to look into it and call be back ._.; so there goes

Pre-ordered NHL 15 ultimate edition ($59.99), Diablo 3, and Dead Island 2 (all on PS4). Overall, with tax, about $51 per game. Considering most of them are now $69 at EB and Best Buy, not bad.

Could be a mistake on their end. Collectors Editions have never been part of these promotions in my experience. Also, it doesn't have the promotion offer like the rest of their games.

Does anyone know what actually comes in the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition? For $60 I figured why not. I haven't bought a new sports game in ages, usually playing 2-3 years old since they're cheap.

I tried getting the %15-%30 off after placing my order by talking to someone in chat, but they said they forwarded my "complaint" to the promotion's team, and that I would get an email within 1-2 business days. I'm gonna try again in an hour and see if someone else is in chat.

dang it! id idnt realize... that that 15% was part of their e3 deal normally amazon always some stupid standard "discount" so naive of me to think amazon was just trying to get more people to buy... by keeping the parody prices plus matching retailers deals so sad.! plus noooo missed out! could have a repeat of last year deal this year D: good job you guys who got in early you gotted the woooorms D:

Here's my chat log. It's super, super long, but I highlighted the lulz towards the end in red.

TL;DR: they fucked up numerous times over the past few days and are trying their damnedest not to honour the promotion on the shit they didn't want part of the promotion. Next time just order quicker, I guess.

I'll update in a few days when that e-mail comes in. It'd be nice to get The Order 1886 Premium Edition for $105, and those other PS4 titles for $42, but if not, oh well. Best Buy's deal, atleast, is legit.

@ragnar14 - asking for Persona Q's CE to be discounted was a huge stretch. I know it's in the list of games, even now, you get from the promotion's link, but was it ever actually part of the promotion on the product page? I mean...

Honestly this is the worst amazon.ca sale in years. It could have been good but they screwed up it royally with their eligible-but-not-eligible titles and the various percentage "waves". Who's running the show north of the border? Why are we getting such a second-rate version? It's not like they just started here either, unlike Target...

Collector's Editions have never been apart of these types of sales from what I've seen. Though, I do find it idiotic how Akiba's Trip and co don't qualify.

So this is irrelevant to US customers, right?

edit: yeah, just checked the prices on .com, bummer,,,

Their sale is a joke. I pulled a bunch of games off of the direct link from the promotion, only to get nothing on the front or back end in terms of a rebate. I used the chat, and called, only to get nothing useful in response. I'm supposed to wait till Tuesday to hear something again. I'm cancelling my order. Luckily I already pre-ordered all of the games I wanted from BB too.

Yoshi's Whooly World is only $50.99 still, better than what BB is offering. However yeah, the deal is pretty much dead.

Has anyone who pre ordered Destiny from amazon during this sale had any issues getting their beta key? I didn't get one when I ordered on Tuesday and customer service isn't being all that helpful with providing answers.

Has anyone who pre ordered Destiny from amazon during this sale had any issues getting their beta key? I didn't get one when I ordered on Tuesday and customer service isn't being all that helpful with providing answers.
I got one on Tuesday when I preordered at first. Got it within minutes of ordering.

So, can anyone explain to me how Amazon can have Akiba's Trip for $44.99, but Best Buy and Futureshop are charging $49.99? 

bread's done
Back