* * * * * 4 votes

Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

ios ipad iphone appshopper sale ipod apple itunes

#511 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

I went back on Steam and downloaded Terraria ... played for a half hour (with about 10 hours logged from long ago) and I hated the controls. I hated clicking for each swing or on each block. The ipad controls worked with more fluidity for me once I got the hang of it. I've never been a big fan of Terraria to begin with, I find it to be mildly charming but nowhere near the fun of something like minecraft, but for .99 I got my money's worth.
I wouldn't personally spend $30 for it on a console or however much it's going for on Vita.

You know you can hit the ALT key on the keyboard and it switches to the same "smart" mode that is on the consoles, where you don't have to target individual blocks, right?

#512 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

You know you can hit the ALT key on the keyboard and it switches to the same "smart" mode that is on the consoles, where you don't have to target individual blocks, right?

Still doesn't let you use a 360 controller natively on the PC version though. ;) I just found it more addicting on the iPad in a way the PC version didn't grab me.

#513 DatPanda   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

DatPanda

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

How long is the game total? Do you think I'll have any complaints using an iPhone 5s? I am upgrading to the 6+ as soon as my Verizon has them in stock.

And since you seem to enjoy the same kind of games I do... Have you tried the GBA emulator for the iPhone? I just want to throw this out of left field to a fellow Fire Emblem fan... The Last Promise is a complete rom hack that very well could be one of the greatest games I've ever played and I highly recommend you at least Google it.

I think the game can take 8-10 hours on the extremely fast side if you are playing easy or know what you're doing and skip dialogue and any extra battles you can (there's a risk/reward mechanic where after fighting a battle, you can attempt another right away for possible items or extra exp to level up. I always chose to do them since exp can be scarce, but if you didn't play the first battle well, the second one could be really tough and you might die since you start with whatever health and units you have left and not fresh).

I personally took 20+ hours, min/maxing my characters efficiently which you are used to as a FE fan. Spreading exp is easier, since kills are all that counts, not what kind of baddie was killed. And you might take longer should you lose a key character or decide to invest in one for their different skill sets.

I think the 5s had a newer chip than my itouch 5th gen, so it might help. Dialogue can be a little tiny and if you can, I recommend on a laptop or iPad for a better experience. But if you are used to srpging on a mobile, you would probably still be ok.

And I have played TLP and enjoyed it as well. The sole creator did a great job with the animations and music. You are probably also looking forward to the Immortal Sword project as well? It's been in the making for a long time but the main dev makes awesome sprite animations. And then don't get me started on playing Japanese FE hacks with really good sprite work!

#514 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

I've been looking forward to so many hacks but they all seem to get delayed or canceled which is understood.

The Dream of Five version that I played about a year ago was outstanding but I honestly feel like TLP is just as good as FEGBA is.

I supposed I'm gonna give banner saga a shot. I love SRPGs and ones like FFT are getting more scarce each year

#515 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

I've been looking forward to so many hacks but they all seem to get delayed or canceled which is understood.

The Dream of Five version that I played about a year ago was outstanding but I honestly feel like TLP is just as good as FEGBA is.

I supposed I'm gonna give banner saga a shot. I love SRPGs and ones like FFT are getting more scarce each year

Indeed they are. From what I have played, it is not on the same level of FFT of course, but I hardly expected that. It is a good SRPG though and easily worth the $5 if you have a good device to play it on.

#516 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

The Magic 2015 full game unlock (Hunt bigger game) and expansion pack are on sale for $4.99 and $1.99 respectively.

Just noticed on AppSnatcher that "Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planewalkers" has 2 significant IAP price drops:

• Magic 2014 Premium Content Pack ... $1.99 (was $9.99)
    Spoiler
  • Magic 2014 Expansion ... $0.99 (was $4.99)
    Spoiler

Of course my iPad is only a v1 model, and this game requires iOS 6.0 or later, so I'm screwed out of this great deal. :(

#517 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

I was hoping for ghost trick or phoenix wright to go on sale but still nothing.

#518 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

Thought I would just chime in about Terraria on iOS. I've always been interested in the game on PC but since I never play games on PC any more I kinda forgot about it until it went on sale for a $1. I have to say I LOVE this game, it's super addicting for someone who just loves exploring for exploring's sake (Fallout 3 for example). Plus there is Cloud save option for both your character and world, so I can play on my iPad at home and on my iPhone when I'm out and bored. I'll agree that I have difficulty with the touch screen controls at times (getting up a rope ladder is a major pain) but overall they're great. Anyway, fantastic game!

I also got the Goat Simulator game, that one's a blast too. 

#519 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:30 AM

Babylonian Twins Puzzle Platformer Premium - An Ancient Civilization's Quest for Peace

https://itunes.apple...d366346269?mt=8

This game has gone free for the first time

#520 U BE DA MAN   Go Pats! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

U BE DA MAN

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

IGN's free game of the month is episode 1 of Valiant Hearts

http://m.ign.com/art...-valiant-hearts

#521 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1704 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

keeps givin me bogus already used codes

#522 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

In non-gaming deals, Media Browser Client has dropped to $0.99.  Never used XBMC or Plex, but have used Media Browser almost since its inception (pre-server days) and it's amazing to see how it has evolved.

#523 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Table Top Racing Premium Edition is free once again.

In this special 'Premium Edition' the cost of the cars, upgrades, 'weapon wheels' and paint schemes have all been reduced by 50% and all can be won through game play alone without the need for further In-App spending or excessive "grind". In-App purchases are there if you want an accelerator.

#524 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Tainted Keep (MFI support) is free for the first time.

#525 VersionJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

VersionJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

10% off iTunes cards at best buy right now.

#526 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:10 AM

This thread has been a bit quiet lately, just to keep it moving ... can anyone tell me what the most graphically intensive game out for iOS would be? I'm looking for something that really puts the new Iphone 6 through its paces. I know the power hasn't been maxed out, but what's something that runs better on a 6 than prior models?

#527 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

http://www.imore.com...plus?nopaging=1

Also, maybe Bioshock?

#528 BluePotato   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BluePotato

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Shades is the Apple app of the week. A really clever and challenging take on Tetris. I played 5 or so games and it gets a solid recommendation from me.

#529 mbrown3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:36 AM

http://www.imore.com...plus?nopaging=1

Also, maybe Bioshock?

Yeah but then you have to play Bioshock.

#530 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

Yeah but then you have to play Bioshock on a phone instead of a console

Fixed.

#531 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:33 AM

As Wario64 notes, FRAMED is free:

#532 DatPanda   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

DatPanda

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Seems most people say it's an hour long, so good for a quick experience.

#533 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:10 AM

Anyone have any advice on getting iTunes to run more smoothly? It feels like a constant lag fest every time I try to manage my apps. I'm guessing there isn't much that can be done but I'm seriously thinking of attempting a fresh install.

#534 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

Anyone have any advice on getting iTunes to run more smoothly? It feels like a constant lag fest every time I try to manage my apps. I'm guessing there isn't much that can be done but I'm seriously thinking of attempting a fresh install.

Buy a mac? 

#535 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

Haha, no thanks .. been down that road before and, as someone who grew up with macs, I can't stand some of Apple's design choices in OSX.

#536 mbrown3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Fixed.

Why would you want to play it on either? It's so boring and tedious and repetitive. No thanks.

#537 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Hey now, Bioshock was great for its time. I'd love to see an HD upgrade someday or actually more of a remake the way they rebooted Doom.

#538 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

Bioshock *is* in HD. It originally released on PS3 & 360, not PS2 or DOS or something.

#539 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4991 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

Bioshock *is* in HD. It originally released on PS3 & 360, not PS2 or DOS or something.

It released nearly 8 years ago on the Unreal 3 engine, it could be remade using Unreal 4 and look similar or better than the much shorter Bioshock Infinite DLC. Bioshock 4k =p

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=XTysmqulFwI

#540 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

spedmunki

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

Kingdom Rush dropped to free today
http://appshopper.co.../kingdom-rush-2

As did True Skate
http://appshopper.com/games/true-skate

Other free games:
Earn to Die 2
http://appshopper.co...s/earn-to-die-2

99 Bricks Wizard Academy
http://appshopper.co...-wizard-academy