* * * * * 5 votes

Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

ios ipad iphone appshopper sale ipod apple itunes

#31 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

I got the expedia app for a free rayman. I wonder if they have rotating free apps like the Starbucks app. I've snagged some cool stuff from the Starbucks app

#32 KHASN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

There's no need to download the Expedia app if you want Rayman Fiesta Run.

Just google the "Expedia media lounge" site on your iOS device, scroll down until you see the Rayman icon, click on it and then click download.

That should automatically open the app store and input the game code for you. all you have to do is click redeem. :)

#33 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

Just google the "Expedia media lounge" site on your iOS device, scroll down until you see the Rayman icon, click on it and then click download.

That should automatically open the app store and input the game code for you. all you have to do is click redeem. :)

Hmm. Just tried that, but nothing seems to happen, though I get a loading icon for a tiny fraction of a second. Maybe my device/OS is too outdated? Though I apparently have the option to buy it in the App store...

Oh, well, no big deal.

#34 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5219 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Worked for me. Thanks for the shortcut.

#35 vgossain   Go Bears! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

was able to get rayman fiesta run - thanks!

#36 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16293 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Civ Rev 2 is out on iPad but it's $15 and I'm waiting for reviews before dropping that much.

That being said, I want to put my money where my mouth is with regard to premium games.  I already own xcom for xbox.. how is the iPad version?  At $9.99, worth it?  Fun?

#37 superfries   Custom Title CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

superfries

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Civ Rev 2 is out on iPad but it's $15 and I'm waiting for reviews before dropping that much.

That being said, I want to put my money where my mouth is with regard to premium games. I already own xcom for xbox.. how is the iPad version? At $9.99, worth it? Fun?

The game is pretty much the same, but the controls/interface are different. I started with the ipad version and then got it on console. It has been a while since I played, but I paid 15$ for it. So, if you really liked it on console, don't think you should expect a huge difference in game play experience on ipad.

#38 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16293 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Does it translate well? Like civ rev on iPad was awesome.

#39 superfries   Custom Title CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

superfries

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Does it translate well? Like civ rev on iPad was awesome.

I thought it did. I don't regret the 15$ I paid for it.

#40 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3212 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Civ Rev 2 is getting destroyed because it didn't improve any of the important items other than graphics from Civ 1.  I'm in a hold pattern on it.  Shame because I LOVE that kind of game.  I downloaded a new Disney game last night "Tsum Tsum".  This game took over in Japan and was huge.  Well over here a single Disney characters is $6 OR you grind the hell out of it.  It's ludicrous.  This F2P thing has going over the deep end.

#41 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16293 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Civ Rev 2 is getting destroyed because it didn't improve any of the important items other than graphics from Civ 1. I'm in a hold pattern on it. Shame because I LOVE that kind of game. I downloaded a new Disney game last night "Tsum Tsum". This game took over in Japan and was huge. Well over here a single Disney characters is $6 OR you grind the hell out of it. It's ludicrous. This F2P thing has going over the deep end.

That's why we have to support full priced games. If civ rev 2 goes to $9.99 I'll take a chance. For $10 a graphics update to civ rev might be worth it.

#42 superfries   Custom Title CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

superfries

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I was talking about Xcom, not Civ Rev2 -- not picking it up for 15.

#43 BxJoka814  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Try here for the Rayman game.

http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=60379

#44 DatPanda   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DatPanda

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Colossatron from a few pages back is a fun spin on tower defense, except you're mobile like Anomaly Warzone Earth. The color combination gameplay is addicting.

#45 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Thank you! Note that this can also be done through your PC. I just got the code and didn't use the ipod.

My son will go nuts when he see's this on his ipod tomorrow morning. He really enjoyed the first game.

#46 amicuscuriae   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

amicuscuriae

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Got Rayman. Thanks KHASN!

#47 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

I'd love XCOM on the go, but I keep reading about it being extremely unreliable on iPad 2s - which is what I have - so I haven't picked it up, even during discounts.

#48 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10470 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I'd love XCOM on the go, but I keep reading about it being extremely unreliable on iPad 2s - which is what I have - so I haven't picked it up, even during discounts.

When I had a '2', it would start and then inevitably crash after a short period of time once a mission would start.  Disappointing, it was. 

#49 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is out for iOS. It's getting rave reviews. I've always wanted to try a Monster Hunter game, so it's the first iPad game I've spent $15 on.

#50 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5065 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I second the Monster Hunter recommendation. Best version of the game I've played personally. Easier to control and better graphics than anything on the PSP and better IMO than the 3DS version. If anything, it would be great to see the 3DS version get an ios port somewhere down the line. Plays great on both iPad Air and iphone 5.

#51 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3212 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

I have a hard time pony-ing up for yet ANOTHER version of the same MH game that's been rereleased over and over.  Especially at 15.  If you've played one, they're all the same, just slightly different controls.

#52 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

Lots of Disney kid apps of sale for $.99 like Frozen Storybook Deluxe. Grabbed Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Paint & Play HD for my nephew.

#53 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

I really would like to pick up dragon quest 8 on IOS, but I need it on sale.

#54 mbrown3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Me too.

I really would like to pick up dragon quest 8 on IOS, but I need it on sale.

#55 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1274 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Starbucks stores have codes for the app "threes" now. Can't confirm myself, but there was a notification from touch arcade about it.

#56 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Starbucks stores have codes for the app "threes" now. Can't confirm myself, but there was a notification from touch arcade about it.

Yeah, those were last week's freebie in stores.  If you are looking for one, you may want to check soon, in my area, they change on Tuesday.

#57 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

I thought that the Starbucks app had the same free apps as the stores. I don't see Threes in there

#58 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16293 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

I thought that the Starbucks app had the same free apps as the stores. I don't see Threes in there

it doesn't.  jelly defense was in store.

#59 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10470 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

The Room Two is down to $0.99 again.

And Gamebook Adventures 5: Catacombs of the Undercity is now free with other iOS Gamebook Adventures titles being discounted..

#60 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

spedmunki

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Anyone playing Fates Forever?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, ipad, iphone, appshopper, sale, ipod, apple, itunes