Nyko Pro Commander Controller $12.99+3.99 shipping. (wii u)

For what it's worth my broke after using it 3 times. It just completely stopped accepting any input when I was playing MK8.

Ended up getting an official controller instead of this cheapie.

Nintendo is
y,x
b,a

This Nyko is half Nintendo (y,x), half Microsoft (a,b). WTF. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the A and B buttons are switched.
I am confused. I own two nykos and the official nintendo pro controller. When I compare them, both are Y,X B,A in the diamond layout of the buttons. Am I missing something? I ordered mine from the last Groupon deal so maybe Nyko has corrected the issue in later runs of this controller? The image on the Nyko packaging I have shows the layout as the same as well.

Really the major difference is the buttons are switched where the analog stick is on the Pro. I prefer the Nyko because of the similarity to the Xbox 360 controller. The layout on the pro just doesn't feel natural. I've owned the Nykos for a few weeks and abused them with Mario Kart. No issues at all. Fantastic controller, especially at this price.

I am confused. I own two nykos and the official nintendo pro controller. When I compare them, both are Y,X B,A in the diamond layout of the buttons. Am I missing something?
The Nyko ones have A on the bottom and B on the right, the official ones (and the Afterglow ones I know) have B on the bottom and A on the right. They both do share the same diamond design though.

EDIT:

One51 noted that the picture is messed up but on the controller itself the buttons are correct.

The Nyko ones have A on the bottom and B on the right, the official ones (and the Afterglow ones I know) have B on the bottom and A on the right. They both do share the same diamond design though.
Only on the box. The image is an error. The actual controller layout is correct. I have four of these and they all had the incorrect image on the box with corrected button layout on the physical controller.

Also, all 4 I have used have been flawless so far (Since December 4, 2013 according to Amazon). They have mushy dpads, but other than that they have been well worth the $52 I spent.

Only on the box. The image is an error. The actual controller layout is correct. I have four of these and they all had the incorrect image on the box with corrected button layout on the physical controller.

Also, all 4 I have used have been flawless so far (Since December 4, 2013 according to Amazon). They have mushy dpads, but other than that they have been well worth the $52 I spent.
Gotcha, I was just pointing that out since that's what others were mentioning, I don't actually have one of these myself so I was unaware of that, good to know since having the buttons moved around could definitely mess with you.

Would like a cheap pro controller, but there's too many poor reviews on Amazon saying to stay away.
So are these worse than the Power A mini pro controller Walmart sells for $30? I've used that one a bit and it seems good except its super small, almost too small for my small hands.

Took a chance on this; if it's not good I'll dump it on AZ or GS.

So are these worse than the Power A mini pro controller Walmart sells for $30? I've used that one a bit and it seems good except its super small, almost too small for my small hands.

Took a chance on this; if it's not good I'll dump it on AZ or GS.
Haven't tried that Power A controller, but I have another Power A PS3 controller I got at Target on clearance for like $6, and it's a piece of shit.

This Nyko is pretty high quality, especially for the price. I've had mine since last year, when Walmart blew them out for about the same price. I also have an official Wii U Pro (found a mismarked open box clearance one at Target for $14) for comparison. The official one is nicer, and the battery on it is God tier, but I think the Nyko is a perfectly fine substitute, especially given the price difference. And the Nyko is a great option if you want extra controllers for doing some co-op/competitive couch gaming with friends.

I hate the button/stick placement on the Nintendo controller though. That's why I got the Power A one & will try this Nyko one because it's normal sized. I don't have any local, physical friends so all I need is one pro controller.

For what it's worth my broke after using it 3 times. It just completely stopped accepting any input when I was playing MK8.

Ended up getting an official controller instead of this cheapie.
I have 4 and we have used them a lot. They work great but the buttons are stiff and must be pressed harder than Nintendo branded controller's. Well worth it for this price.

Keep in mind that the A and B buttons are switched.
That's not true. They have the same configuration as the Nintendo controller. The pictures that show that are not the way the controller looks.

They're pretty awful controllers. Like always, stick with the first-party stuff.
I like them. They're the best third party controllers I've seen. There is no dead zone. 4 for just around the price of 1 Nintendo one...Well worth it.

bread's done
Back