* * * * - 54 votes

PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

#9601 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

my next backlog game is red faction guerrilla, which has some sort of horde type mode. if anyone else got it from that sale like 30 years ago, and wants to do those online trophies.

#9602 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

my next backlog game is red faction guerrilla, which has some sort of horde type mode. if anyone else got it from that sale like 30 years ago, and wants to do those online trophies.

I really, really love that game. It's great.

#9603 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

I really, really love that game. It's great.

i tried it about a month ago. the desgroyy eniornment mechanic is nice, but the game itslef was pretty dull.
even playing in easy mode, i was swarmed by enemies.

#9604 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Highlight color, clicked on "View Selection Source" =)

Dammit! I knew there was gonna be another option I didn't think of. I guess I was too specific, but still kinda right...?

#9605 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30593 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Wrapped up Spec Ops.  Ending was kind a dumb.  Cleaned up most the trophies I wanted, will end up with 85% completion.  Not too bad.  Really cool that they didn't make any multiplayer trophies.

Overall the game was alright.  I probably should have played on Normal because I found a lot of sections really tough and furstrating.  I also didn't think the cover controls worked perfectly.  X didn't always put me in cover, O didn't always vault, and once in a while my dude would just stand up from cover when he walked over something which was really stupid.  

#9606 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30593 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

I think I'm gonna catch Wrencrest on TT before I catch Simmias, in that I don't think I'm going to ever catch Simmias.  He must have been a later bloomer on Trophies.

Stellar is another late bloomer who is undoubtedly going to pass me at some point.  

#9607 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

i don't think i'm catching anyone, besides the squirrel. doesn't matter anyway, a wise person once told me. if you're not first, you're last.

#9608 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Wrapped up Spec Ops. Ending was kind a dumb. Cleaned up most the trophies I wanted, will end up with 85% completion. Not too bad. Really cool that they didn't make any multiplayer trophies.
Overall the game was alright. I probably should have played on Normal because I found a lot of sections really tough and furstrating. I also didn't think the cover controls worked perfectly. X didn't always put me in cover, O didn't always vault, and once in a while my dude would just stand up from cover when he walked over something which was really stupid.

Which ending did you get?

#9609 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Gonna get Rectifier deep in SRIV tonight.

#9610 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30593 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

Which ending did you get?

I watched all 3 but the first one was

Spoiler

Like I said, I didn't really care though.  I thought the ending was dumb.

#9611 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7746 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

I logged in and played about 10 minutes on the Moon so I hope that is enough. If not, I really not going to get broken up over it.

Yeah I happened to be home 5-5:30 so I did one mission and leveled up to 6. Doubt I will hop on again later.

#9612 rpg  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Can i delete the beta? or need it for reward ?

viridian.gif

#9613 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

I played a little of it last night and I like it except the map sucks real bad, which hurts a metroidvania style game.

Last Metroidvania I played was Valdis Story a couple months back. It really turned me off to Metroidvanias. That's never really been my genre.

#9614 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36763 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

I watched all 3 but the first one was

Spoiler

Like I said, I didn't really care though.  I thought the ending was dumb.

Not a fan of twists, huh? The ending blew my mind, personally, and I noticed things during my second playthrough that I missed before which made me love the game that much more.

I really enjoyed reading this afterwards: http://www.1up.com/f...ec-ops-the-line

EDIT: Darn it, of course none of the other pages in that interview work because 1up.com doesn't exist anymore. It really was one of the best interviews I've ever read, and I don't believe it was posted anywhere else. :headache:

#9615 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Not even going to bother with this Destiny emblem. Wish it was something actually cool.

I'm going to be extremely bothered if I dont get my super ultra rare emblem that is totally gonna make me King of Destiny. That's what it does right? And no one will have this but me and a couple of other super lucky people? Cool, that's what I thought.

Christ you guys are cynical. It's a fun little bonus. They don't owe you some amazing shit.

#9616 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

rlm2112, on 26 Jul 2014 - 5:11 PM, said:

Christ you guys are cynical. It's a fun little bonus. They don't owe you some amazing shit.

Usually I would agree with this sort of thing, but we are doing work for them. Betas are awesome for gamers, but we also have to spend  time playing a game that will not carry our progress, at a specific time during specific days, to help the developer.

#9617 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

Basically this:

Do you do this solo or do you invite other people into the invite only session? I think you get 20% more with partners and 30% more with a crew.

#9618 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

Someone needs to take a break from licking ass, and learn what sarcasm means. Christ, Rimjob. Although I could argue here if I wanted...we are helping them with their game -for free- so yes, give me something for it. At least you said it in this thread this time, and not somewhere else....so good job I guess?

#9619 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I don't suppose any of you chumps are ever planning on playing LBP Karting?  I assume most of you have either already played it or decided long ago to pass on it, but there's a trophy where you need to publish a level and have 10 people complete it.  Figured if enough of you have it in your backlog we could knock that trophy out with a group if everyone races each others level once (or at least get us some of the way there if we don't have enough people..... which of course we won't).

Is it worth playing after the perfection of SASRT? I don't mind giving it a shot if it's legitimately a good game.

#9620 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Here, I threw this spreedsheet together that should list whether a game is on PSN or not in the third column. I haven't double checked every listing, but it seems to be working: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

EDIT: forgot to say you need to short sheet A-Z to have them separate from each other.

Nice, thanks! Short sheet threw me for a minute, but I figured it out. :)

Most of the disc-only stuff is crap sports games or things that aren't actually exclusive to console. Here's the list I came up with of stuff that seems halfway interesting (that I don't already have). Any of these worth playing?

1. Cross Edge
  2. Enchanted Arms
  3. Eternal Sonata
  4. Heavenly Sword
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Lollipop Chainsaw
  7. Nier
  8. Skate 2
  9. White Knight Chronicles 2

#9621 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36763 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Most of the disc-only stuff is crap sports games or things that aren't actually exclusive to console. Here's the list I came up with of stuff that seems halfway interesting (that I don't already have). Any of these worth playing?

1. Cross Edge
  2. Enchanted Arms
  3. Eternal Sonata
  4. Heavenly Sword
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Lollipop Chainsaw
  7. Nier
  8. Skate 2

NIER NIER NIER NIER NIER :drool:

Backlog, back me up on this!

#9622 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30593 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

I liked Heavy Rain.

I think Lollipop Chainsaw looks cool though I haven't played it.

#9623 rpg  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

1. Cross Edge
  2. Enchanted Arms
  3. Eternal Sonata
  4. Heavenly Sword 3rd
  5. Heavy Rain 2nd
  6. Lollipop Chainsaw 4th
  7. Nier 1st
  8. Skate 2

#9624 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

1. Heavy Rain
  2. Lollipop Chainsaw
  3. Nier

of the ones i've actually played. lollipop is kind of silly, but it's not too long. i would have included wkc 2 on the list if the servers were still up.

#9625 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Thermopyle, on 26 Jul 2014 - 5:25 PM, said:Thermopyle, on 26 Jul 2014 - 5:25 PM, said:

1. Cross Edge
  2. Enchanted Arms
  3. Eternal Sonata
  4. Heavenly Sword
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Lollipop Chainsaw
  7. Nier
  8. Skate 2

Worth it
Eternal Fuck ing Sonata (One of the weirdest stories I have seen in a video game.)
Heavy Rain

Lollipop Chainsaw (it's fun enough)

Skate 2

On the fence
White Knight Chronicles 2 comes with part 1. I have always wanted to play part 2, but never got around to it.

Haven't Played
Nier
Enchanted Arms
Heavenly Sword

Sucks
Cross Edge (starts off and seems fun, but a few hours in you just want to jump off a bridge.)

#9626 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

From the deals page Battlefield 4 PS4 Standard Edition $19.99 +FS.

#9627 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

It's fun, as I remember it was about as polished as the first Devil May Cry game. Main weapon is a huge sword (so you have to be strategic with your strikes in close corridors as the blade bounces off walls), but it offers sub-weapons which are useful. It is also one of the first games to use QTEs.

It doesn't list all of them, probably 95% of them, but PC PSN store->games->all games-> then click the check box under game type "disc only."

edit:

I knew I'd done a list for it before of good disc only games. Try looking here

http://www.cheapassg...gin/?p=11892480

I remember that post now that you link it. I'd forgotten about that. And yes I did the "disc only" approach but it actually has quite a few games missing if you use that list. 

The list is good, but about half of it is stuff that's also on PC (and will always be my preference when choosing a version.) I was familiar with most of these, but Neverdead I'd never heard of and that looks quite cool. So does Splatterhouse. Both of them are available used for <$10, which is nice.

#9628 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

I'll wait for $8.40 PSN "soldier sale". Or better yet, free for Plus. Seems like a great Plus game a few months down the line. Bunch of DLC to sell, new BF coming out, pretty sure we got BF3 free also.

#9629 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

I think TrueTrophies has only been out for a year or so. It's lacking on guides due to the late start but can still be useful sometimes. There's a leaderboard for this thread. I'm bringing up the rear.

Wrong. I have the rear. You may graduate to that honor before too long, though, as I seem to be catching up.

#9630 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

Wrong. I have the rear. You may graduate to that honor before too long, though, as I seem to be catching up.

I know you do. I see you in my rear view window. Glad to see you take your bottom position with pride.