* * * * - 54 votes

PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

#9631 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'd be down for LBPK boosting if I still have it on my HD. I think I kept it to play wth the boy, but may have deleted it to make room for other shit.

I'd also be up for MP on Portal 2 when the servers come back. Got all the single player trophies a while ago and played the first MP section with a buddy, but he never plays anymore (and wasn't really that good anyway).

And you weirdos that own Portal 2 and haven't played it yet are weirdos.

#9632 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

I absolutely hated Eternal Sonata, but I think I'm definitely in the minority.  It's a really cool concept, and I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't.

#9633 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

You know, HLTB would be a lot more useful if games on an exclusive platform had that platform selected. I mean sure if you add AC4 to your HLTB list of games it makes sense to specify which platform you mean...but to have to specify the platform for a PS3 or PSP or Vita exclusive is just infuriating and makes the "sort by platform" feature more annoying than it's worth.  :wall:

#9634 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

I think I'm gonna catch Wrencrest on TT before I catch Simmias, in that I don't think I'm going to ever catch Simmias.  He must have been a later bloomer on Trophies.

Stellar is another late bloomer who is undoubtedly going to pass me at some point.  

I played primarily on Xbox until about a year ago, even though I bought a PS3 first.  Then the Xbone rumors started looking like reality and I haven't looked back.

#9635 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Decided to start selling off the physical PS3 games I've played/won't play. Not much so far, but wondered whether there's a consensus on the best place to sell; eBay, Amazon, or is CL a decent option?

Right now I'm just sitting on these titles, so there's not a whole lot of potential, but I've got a number of other games I'll be dumping as I get through them that will do a lot better:

1. Infamous

2. Dante's Inferno (Divine Edition)

3. Killzone 2

4. Hyperdimension Neptunia (Haven't played this but will do the Vita version instead if I decide to do so.)

#9636 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11137 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

I don't get it.

A little light reading

spec ops the line spoiler

Spoiler

#9637 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Nice, thanks! Short sheet threw me for a minute, but I figured it out. :)

Most of the disc-only stuff is crap sports games or things that aren't actually exclusive to console. Here's the list I came up with of stuff that seems halfway interesting (that I don't already have). Any of these worth playing?

I enjoyed Heavy Rain quite a bit, though it's very hit or miss with people. If you're OK with what amounts to largely an interactive movie/choose your own adventure book, then you'll probably have a good time with it. Personally I tore through it in two sittings and thought it was brilliant.

Eternal Sonata I haven't finished, but what I've played has been quite good. I like the fact I get to feel like I'm actually learning something (in this case some music history mostly about Chopin), and the art style is really gorgeous. Most likely worth checking out, though it lacks trophies so...

#9638 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

Gonna get Rectifier deep in SRIV tonight.

Is this a purple dildo joke? lol

#9639 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Is it worth playing after the perfection of SASRT? I don't mind giving it a shot if it's legitimately a good game.

It's a good game but I can't really compare it to Sonic.  I haven't played Transformed yet and I've only started dipping into the original with my son. 

It's basically a nice little Mario Kart ripoff.  And the level creator is great if you feel like investing enough time into it to take advantage of everything.  Some of the levels people have created are pretty impressive.

#9640 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Someone needs to take a break from licking ass, and learn what sarcasm means. Christ, Rimjob. Although I could argue here if I wanted...we are helping them with their game -for free- so yes, give me something for it. At least you said it in this thread this time, and not somewhere else....so good job I guess?

My bad, I should of known it was extreme sarcasm. I don't remember ever getting anything from a beta before though, so I'm happy with it.

All I said in the other thread was that Stotch is pretty negative when someone remarked that they were tired all the new negative people, and wished the regulars would come back. Is that news to anyone? I knew he would see it. I'm not a moron :)

#9641 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

Heavenly Sword was pretty good.... but no trophies. 

#9642 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

What's up with Eldritch? I heard he went camping, did he get eaten by a bear? I miss that guy. Wish he would come back to this thread.

#9643 rpg  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

50 trophies for

87507.pngThe Last of Us Remastered  87477.png

#9644 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

What's up with Eldritch? I heard he went camping, did he get eaten by a bear? I miss that guy. Wish he would come back to this thread.

http://www.dailymail...-bear-cubs.html

A bit old, but what I think of every time somebody references bear attacks.  :-({|=

#9645 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

Thermopyle, on 26 Jul 2014 - 6:46 PM, said:

A bit old, but what I think of every time somebody references bear attacks.  :-({|=

What a sad story. I could bearly stand to read it. All the grizzly details were almost too much to handle.

#9646 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11137 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

Not a fan of twists, huh? The ending blew my mind, personally, and I noticed things during my second playthrough that I missed before which made me love the game that much more.

I really enjoyed reading this afterwards: http://www.1up.com/f...ec-ops-the-line

EDIT: Darn it, of course none of the other pages in that interview work because 1up.com doesn't exist anymore. It really was one of the best interviews I've ever read, and I don't believe it was posted anywhere else. :headache:

Was able to find all of it except page 4 from website cache's

http://www.cheapassg...c-ops-the-line/

#9647 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

A bit old, but what I think of every time somebody references bear attacks. :-({|=

This is so tragic... Don't click this link if you don't want to feel terribly sad and horrified.

#9648 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

What a sad story. I could bearly stand to read it. All the grizzly details were almost too much to handle.

Please tell me you didn't mean to do that :/

#9649 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Fuck, who invited Buzz Killington?  That's one brutal party foul.

#9650 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

Decided to start selling off the physical PS3 games I've played/won't play. Not much so far, but wondered whether there's a consensus on the best place to sell; eBay, Amazon, or is CL a decent option?

Right now I'm just sitting on these titles, so there's not a whole lot of potential, but I've got a number of other games I'll be dumping as I get through them that will do a lot better:

1. Infamous
2. Dante's Inferno (Divine Edition)
3. Killzone 2
4. Hyperdimension Neptunia (Haven't played this but will do the Vita version instead if I decide to do so.)

Are you looking for cash? If not don't know if you have seen me mention 99 gamers, pretty neat site for selling games to trade for other games... Otherwise I would start with craigslist, then ebay

#9651 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Had to Restore File System and Rebuild Database on my PS3. Hopefully this will prevent the corruption installations of Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row IV. Oh yeah @Rim, of course I meant it :) I won't even pretend. If you can't laugh at horrible tragedies, what can you laugh at?

#9652 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16705 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

50 trophies for 87507.pngThe Last of Us Remastered 87477.png

unless this game gives backrubs and cookies I predict I will not get 100%.

#9653 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36717 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

A little light reading

spec ops the line spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you so much for posting that. :bow:

50 trophies for

87507.pngThe Last of Us Remastered  87477.png

Wow, so none of the base game trophies were changed at all. Great. Fantastic. Looks like I'm just going for the single-player, Left Behind, and Grounded Mode trophies, then.

#9654 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

You guys probably know about this, but this is simplest trophy info with guides included, I have ever seen. http://ps3trophyguide.org/  I feel ridicule coming for some reason though.

Edit: This list is a bit dated which is shitty, but still some good info.

#9655 rpg  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

LVL 50 :whee:

Took forever, against pro's :twoguns:

#9656 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Sooo, Crimsonland is pretty much mindless fun at it's core, and I'm having fun with it. Would be miles better if you have friends (or kids :)) who can join in, since it supports 4 player local co-op. But they really missed the boat with no online coop, could have been great.

#9657 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

LVL 50 :whee:

Took forever, against pro's :twoguns:

Traitor (congrats)

#9658 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Nice, thanks! Short sheet threw me for a minute, but I figured it out. :)

Most of the disc-only stuff is crap sports games or things that aren't actually exclusive to console. Here's the list I came up with of stuff that seems halfway interesting (that I don't already have). Any of these worth playing?

1. Cross Edge
  2. Enchanted Arms
  3. Eternal Sonata
  4. Heavenly Sword
  5. Heavy Rain
  6. Lollipop Chainsaw
  7. Nier
  8. Skate 2
  9. White Knight Chronicles 2

Play NIER and Heavenly Sword. Maybe Heavy Rain but read up on it first. Play Eternal Sonata if you like jrpgs.

#9659 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

You guys probably know about this, but this is simplest trophy info with guides included, I have ever seen. http://ps3trophyguide.org/  I feel ridicule coming for some reason though.

It's just an index to the site most use anyways, ps3t.org. Still helpful though, haven't seen that in particular (all of them on one page with clickable link...although I haven't looked) Edit: actually, some of them are for other sites it seems, and not all games are there.

#9660 rpg  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Traitor (congrats)

trophy took forever to pop, got scared for a second lol