* * - - - 18 votes

Cheap, Fast, Easy Platinum: Megamind, Up, Terminator, Toy Story Mania, etc.

#1 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Gamestop

Megamind (ps3) $4.99 used

$3 after pur + birthday coupon

http://www.gamestop....-showdown/78132

Terminator: Salvation $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop....salvation/73765

Disney Pixar's Up $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop..../games/up/73856

Hannah Montana the Movie $3.99

$3 after pur + 20% off

http://www.gamestop....the-movie/73964

Completion time: 4-7 hours per Platinum

Kmart

Eyepet & Friends $2.00 <-- bought on clearance 7/25/2014

Completion time: 5-7 hours

51YTpPU66yL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Best Buy

Toy Story Mania (ps3) $14.99, $12 after GCU

Completion time: 1 hour

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218661422935

Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus (ps3) $14.99, $12 after GCU

Completion time: 15 hours.

Also comes with psn code for Quest for Booty (no trophies).

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1219071080793

Playstation Network

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (ps4) $10.50 for ps+ members

Completion time: 35 hours

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#2 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

Metrocity!!!

#3 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Great game if you want an easy platinum. 1-2 hours for it seems a little extreme though. I rushed through it in co-op and it still took 4-6 I believe.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#4 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2449 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

I spied a spee-yder!  Is the game any good?  I loved this movie, sadly, since it had no international marketability, they aren't making a sequel.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#5 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

It's a good price for a game, but to buy a game for the sole purpose of beating it in a couple of hours for a platinum trophy is absurd. 

#6 mitch079   Slaving away at Vandelay Industries. CAGiversary!   9365 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

mitch079

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

It's a good price for a game, but to buy a game for the sole purpose of beating it in a couple of hours for a platinum trophy is absurd. 

7 day return policy.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#7 Shimrra   Hello Ladies !!! CAGiversary!   2516 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

been looking for a game to play with the kids, thanks OP.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

x5e4xj.jpgShimrra74.png

#8 anthonyd46   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

anthonyd46

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

7 day return policy.

Achievement/ Trophy hunting is a big thing.  Maybe not everyone does it, but I can say there is many people guilty of buying games like this just for score/trophies.

#9 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:01 AM

7 day return policy.

this and murdered soul suspect are extreme easy platnums. as such using the 7 day policu for both is recomended imo. put that money towards a pre order or somethin
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#10 Lulgasms   Resident Xbone hater CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

People actually trophy hunt? Dafuq.

#11 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36202 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Going to buy this game for the sole purpose of beating it in a couple of hours for a platinum trophy,

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#12 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

People actually trophy hunt? Dafuq.

It's the exact same thing as people trying to boost their ego with gamer score. I think it's dumb but other people think it's fun.

#13 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

It's the exact same thing as people trying to boost their ego with gamer score. I think it's dumb but other people think it's fun.

I remember several years ago when that mentality was frowned upon but now it seems to be more of the norm which is odd.

It's all a pissing match and mine is bigger than yours Instagram stunting thing.

#14 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36202 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

I'm so great I don't trophy/achievement hunt.

I'm just too good for that kind of thing. Bask in my glory.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#15 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Great game, rented it awhile back and beat it twice but want a copy for the collection.

I support Rozz 100%.

Rozz is always right.

Rozz, you're the best.

Impressive, you are the greatest human to grace this planet.

#16 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36202 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Did you get two platinum trophies?

#17 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Did you get two platinum trophies?

One of the few games that I doubled platinumed.

I support Rozz 100%.

Rozz is always right.

Rozz, you're the best.

Impressive, you are the greatest human to grace this planet.

#18 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36202 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

One of the few games that I doubled platinumed.

I'm impressed.

You are a hardcore gamer.

#19 anthonyd46   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

anthonyd46

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

I remember several years ago when that mentality was frowned upon but now it seems to be more of the norm which is odd.

It's all a pissing match and mine is bigger than yours Instagram stunting thing.

Me and a bunch of other people got free xbox ones from Microsoft for having a high gamerscore so it means something.  

#20 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Me and a bunch of other people got free xbox ones from Microsoft for having a high gamerscore so it means something.  

That's actually really awesome.

Is this actually a decent game?  My wife might enjoy it if it's couch co-op campaign throughout.

827681.png827683.png

TRADE LIST : NEW!!! 5-23-2015: Ps4 System, PS Silver Headset

REVIVE PHANTOM DUST / Now playing: BloodBorne

#21 anthonyd46   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

anthonyd46

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

That's actually really awesome.

Is this actually a decent game?  My wife might enjoy it if it's couch co-op campaign throughout.

Its not the best game ever, but if you have someone to play it with Its definitely good for an afternoon can't go wrong for $5.

#22 plus1zero   Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the ACC. CAGiversary!   4706 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

How high?

#23 MrBeatdown   DumbAssGamer CAGiversary!   1274 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

MrBeatdown

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Eww, no.

Get the platinum in games you like.

#24 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Eww, no.

Get the platinum in games you like.

^This.

#25 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

instead of spending money on these turds just use gamestops 7 day policy to your advantage. why do people want to spend money on turds is beyond me. especially for plat trophys smh. walking dead and murdered soul suspect are super easy plats too
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#26 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2212 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

GameStop. Terrible games. Trophy hunting.

CAG... wtf

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#27 rcerboss  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

So are any of these games good?  At all?  I'd love a FPS Terminator game....

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#28 Wish  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

I was going to point this out. At least on the the Microsoft side there's some incentive to have a higher gamerscore.

685327.png

#29 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   855 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

So are any of these games good?  At all?  I'd love a FPS Terminator game....

Terminator was terrible. Maybe passable in it's best moments, but it's glitchiness pushed it firmly into "broken" territory.

I thought it was terrible 5 years ago. I would not even consider wasting my time with this game if it was FREE, let alone $4.99.  

#30 rcerboss  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Terminator was terrible. Maybe passable in it's best moments, but it's glitchiness pushed it firmly into "broken" territory.

I thought it was terrible 5 years ago. I would not even consider wasting my time with this game if it was FREE, let alone $4.99.  

That sucks, but thanks for the input.

I was going to point this out. At least on the the Microsoft side there's some incentive to have a higher gamerscore.

Never heard anything about that, sounds more like a sweepstakes tbh.  I did hear that if you get your score high enough Microsoft will give you some discounts, up to 2% off!!!  Is that still going on?

Sure hope they don't go broke giving away free money like that i&amp;#039;mwithstupid90.gif

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?