Call of Duty Ghosts PS3 $9.97 @ tigerdirect.com *BACK IN STOCK*

Thanks OP, I'll take a shot at PMing this at Best Buy if it's still up next time I go.  Assuming I'll even win the inevitable argument to get them to match this, it has to be worth $10.....right?

If $4.26 is worth half an hour to an hour of torture to you, then you can match it at Worst Buy.
Yea right. It takes 3 employees and 2 managers to argue with me about price matching and it always results in me having to call customer service while I'm standing there in the store so that they can tell the store to price match. Even if I show them their own price matching terms they act as if it's foreign to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like madden for X1 is listed at $18 now w/ free shipping and $15 off $100 coupon here expires 8/23

TiV @ best buy $25: 6*$18 + tax (dependent on location) = $93 OOP 

6*$25 TiV = $150 Best Buy GC

Madden is $20 for PS4 but w/ no free shipping and Ghosts for X1 is $20 but not that good of a MM. 

Edit: ahh, max is 3 for X1, so have to add Madden for PS4 & Ghosts for X1 @ $20 to reach $100 for coupon, and they still charge for shipping making it $118. fuckin tigerdirect, not worth it for me, but might be for some. 

looks like madden for X1 is listed at $18 now w/ free shipping and $15 off $100 coupon here expires 8/23
TiV @ best buy $25: 6*$18 + tax (dependent on location) = $93 OOP

6*$25 TiV = $150 Best Buy GC

Madden is $20 for PS4 but w/ no free shipping and Ghosts for X1 is $20 but not that good of a MM.
you can only trade in 3 of each platform unless you want trade banned at best buy

you can only trade in 3 of each platform unless you want trade banned at best buy
correct, for in-store. however, people have reportedly been able to trade-in 10 copies online and one member stated this is what the manager at his local BB told him. obviously, I would assume the individual would already know this or at least research before investing that amount for a trade-in, so proceed at your risk. this has been discussed at length here and im a newer member than you are

Yea right. It takes 3 employees and 2 managers to argue with me about price matching and it always results in me having to call customer service while I'm standing there in the store so that they can tell the store to price match. Even if I show them their own price matching terms they act as if it's foreign to them.
It takes 4 regulars and three managers for me. Lol

It's better to do it by phone. One guy was matching it for me after trying to look for any typo or semi-questionable detail on the page for 30 minutes and he finally pulled one from his ass and he said that the item was in a third party warehouse so he wouldn't do it. The one after that straight up told me that they don't price match unless there is a physical store with stock and she did it after I told her the retailers that were on the list.

It's better to do it by phone. One guy was matching it for me after trying to look for any typo or semi-questionable detail on the page for 30 minutes and he finally pulled one from his ass and he said that the item was in a third party warehouse so he wouldn't do it. The one after that straight up told me that they don't price match unless there is a physical store with stock and she did it after I told her the retailers that were on the list.
I decided to stop by after work and give it a try and they actually price matched it for me. The customer service desk (with no line) told me to go to the register to check out and do it, so I had to wait behind 8 people and then the cashier told me I had to go to customer service lol. She ended up calling another employee over who told me I had to show them the ad on my phone as opposed to them just looking it up on their own computer, so I showed them, and then they didn't believe me because it was like $50 off so they brought over a manager who ended up calling the store to find out if it was in stock. I asked what that mattered since I could just order it online and the manager said $50 off makes no sense and they would not price match it without speaking to a manager at Tigerdirect to verifiy that the price on the website was correct.

just about 30 minutes later, I paid for the game and got out.

I decided to stop by after work and give it a try and they actually price matched it for me. The customer service desk (with no line) told me to go to the register to check out and do it, so I had to wait behind 8 people and then the cashier told me I had to go to customer service lol. She ended up calling another employee over who told me I had to show them the ad on my phone as opposed to them just looking it up on their own computer, so I showed them, and then they didn't believe me because it was like $50 off so they brought over a manager who ended up calling the store to find out if it was in stock. I asked what that mattered since I could just order it online and the manager said $50 off makes no sense and they would not price match it without speaking to a manager at Tigerdirect to verifiy that the price on the website was correct.

just about 30 minutes later, I paid for the game and got out.

Sounds just like a typical Worst Buy story.

Just came from best buy...at first they was shocked and was like what are they giving it away? But they ended up price matching it with no problem took less than 10 minutes

Took 15 minutes to get the price match. They couldn't find the deal online but I had it booked marked on my phone. Would only let me buy one copy.

Sounds just like a typical Worst Buy story.
Yeah I have gotten to the point where I'll buy something but hate to use a coupon or PM of any kind, they act like it's some crazy new thing to work with. And don't get me started on game trades. Game trading in there takes at minimum 30 minutes.

It takes 5 regulars and 4 managers for me

I was denied price matching  Call of Duty Ghosts @ Best Buy because the instant savings is considered an internal coupon offer on the tiger direct website.

They said I got flagged after placing my initial Battlefield 4 order lol 

(I'm reposting this here as a heads up...hopefully you guys have better luck if you're price matching Best Buy)

I was unable to successfully PM this as well.  I think I am officially done with Best Buy, they were never the best but they've really gone downhill in the past couple of years.  Unless they have something for sale directly that I want I just don't see myself going back again.

I was unable to successfully PM this as well. I think I am officially done with Best Buy, they were never the best but they've really gone downhill in the past couple of years. Unless they have something for sale directly that I want I just don't see myself going back again.
What was the reason?

What was the reason?
They told me they only PM Amazon and local ads. I showed them the policy online and was told that was relevant to Bestbuy.com only. I showed them where it distincly said "in store purchases" and they said that meant their store pickup option.

This is hardly an isolated incident. It's been a fight getting them to PM anything on Amazon half the time now... and they seem to take issue with the fact that I have a Prime membership when I show them the price on my phone, saying that they have to add the shipping price if they do PM Amazon. They refuse to honor any coupons of gift certificates that aren't RZ certs.... this includes the coupons they've hosted on their own website in addition to the local stuff they've handed out. And they haven't been honoring their 14 day price match policy..... with the only way for me to get the lower price being to buy the item again then return using the original receipt.

I mean FFS, 6 months ago these same people were bending over backwards to help me. I missed out on some 2 for $20 PS3 games sale at the start of the year and went in a couple of days later and just happened to mention it to an employee while picking up a movie, and without any coercion from me he called up the manager and had them ring up the deal anyways. A bit before that, I had an @Gamer coupon I wanted to use but they didn't have the game in stock, so instead of telling me I was SOL they spent half an hour trying to use it to buy me a PSN code instead, and ultimately just sold me a PSN points card at the same discount. It was amazing how far these people went to try keep me happy, even though I never asked them too, and lord knows I repayed them back by buying pretty much all my CD's, movies, and games from them. And now I'm arguing with them over the meaning of their own policy as if I'm some idiot who can't comprehend basic English.

I know this sounds like issues with the local store, and maybe it is. But I wasn't having any of these problems at all 6 months ago. Now all of the sudden all of them are acting like this, and I now find that the dread of dealing with these people outweighs any anticipation on any particular deals. It's like I jumped back in time half a decade, back when we only had 1 Best Buy that I refused to go to because of the exact same bullshit I'm venting about now.

Anyways I think I am just going to start going to Target from now on. It's a longer drive and there's only two in the area but at least they don't treat me like some flim flam man trying to con them everytime I ask for them to honor THEIR own coupons or PM something online. I don't suppose Target will PM this deal will they? There's no TigerDirect in our state.

Q: How many best buy employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None. Because they're too busy screwing you.
LOL

Qft

Guys, we might all have the same problem. I went to the only decent store in miles and I was ready to PM all my games and the guy was checking them when one of the "managers" got in there and started asking the guy at the register what he was doing. She said they don't match Tigerdirect and I told her they did so she should check the list. She immediately asked if I wanted to speak to a manager. I said "yes" and this other woman comes rushing in telling the guy that they do match TD but to not go under employee discount.

Employee discount is like $10.

They DID however say they would price match Amazon below employee discount.

I don't think they're matching tigerdirect.com anymore even if it's in their policy.

I've had similar issues with Best Buy in the past. It's not really my shopping destination of choice, but when there are good flips to be made I can't really say no to that. It really is annoying how long the lines can be though. Seems like every time I go in there are usually 2 employees working at customer service, and they take care of everything from video game trade ins to grandma's computer issues, which makes no sense.

I might stop in today and test my luck (and patience). $10 for BF4 (PS3) and $20 Ghosts (One) price matched to TigerDirect, hopefully trade into Gamestop for around $50. We'll see how it goes.

The only Tigerdirect store in Houston which is about 15 minutes away from me is closed recently. Now replaced with Nordstrom Rack (another one 10 mins apart) -_-  Anyway, time to try my luck at best buy.

Anyone try price matching this online? Was thinking about ordering from BB's website (store pickup) but there's a number to call, to get the PM value verified.

Wondering if that's easier than physically going into the B&M store and trying to PM it there.

Anyone try price matching this online? Was thinking about ordering from BB's website (store pickup) but there's a number to call, to get the PM value verified.

Wondering if that's easier than physically going into the B&M store and trying to PM it there.
It was easy to price match Tiger Direct's BF4 price but when I called back to do the same for Ghosts...they weren't having it. & I quote the CS women "I'm hanging up now" lol this happened while I was reading their LPG terms

My local BB priced match with no issue, I did try to get 2 (one for me & my son) but they told me its only 1 per customer as it says on the site. 

It was easy to price match Tiger Direct's BF4 price but when I called back to do the same for Ghosts...they weren't having it. & I quote the CS women "I'm hanging up now" lol this happened while I was reading their LPG terms
I just had the same thing happen to me, the woman said because Ghosts is from a 3rd party seller they couldn't do it. Might have better luck in store with someone who doesn't know what they're doing, it's hidden under the details section and I didn't even notice it myself.

I just had the same thing happen to me, the woman said because Ghosts is from a 3rd party seller they couldn't do it. Might have better luck in store with someone who doesn't know what they're doing, it's hidden under the details section and I didn't even notice it myself.
Where do you see this, because I do not.

Where do you see this, because I do not
Where it says "Shipping: Usually Ships Within 24 Hours (Details)" if you mouse over the details section it says in stock from a 3rd party warehouse. Again, since it's hidden like that, I doubt a employee in store will catch it, but the woman on the phone seemed to catch it almost instantly.

Where it says "Shipping: Usually Ships Within 24 Hours (Details)" if you mouse over the details section it says in stock from a 3rd party warehouse. Again, since it's hidden like that, I doubt a employee in store will catch it, but the woman on the phone seemed to catch it almost instantly.
That's some BS. It is still sold and shipped by Tiger Direct, they are just using a 3rd party warehouse to hold their items. It doesn't mean they aren't the seller or the shipper. It isn't like amazon where they allow other people/companies to sell through their site.

That's some BS. It is still sold and shipped by Tiger Direct, they are just using a 3rd party warehouse to hold their items. It doesn't mean they aren't the seller or the shipper. It isn't like amazon where they allow other people/companies to sell through their site.
exactly this cause by this logic alot of places would not be price match able since alot of retails stores even brick n mortar stores are using drop shippers anymore

I went to a bestbuy today and got shot down based on this. The manager(?) brought that up. I never noticed that, but to me it sounded like it was just an offsite warehouse. He kept insisting it was a 3rd party seller like Amazon has even though I tried to reason that Amazon has the actual sellers listing. I gave up because I figured I wasn't getting anywhere with him.

I have no real interest in this game, but I feel like calling in and trying to get it just because of the crap you guys are going through...I think I will to see for myself.

bread's done
Back