* * * * - 36 votes

XBL Deals - 2014 - 3/2015

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand Xbox One Xbox 360 Deals with Gold Games with Gold

#2161 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

Dang that's expensive, but it sure looks fun.

Its a pretty solid stealth game. Not bad at all. Its from the guys who did that Game of Thrones game, this one is way better though. Pretty fun

#2162 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:18 AM

Its a pretty solid stealth game. Not bad at all. Its from the guys who did that Game of Thrones game, this one is way better though. Pretty fun

Yeah... games that come out with no fanfare, are too big to be cheap games but not budgeted enough to be full priced retail games, then get average at best reviews doesn't spell a winning formula.  Which is a shame because it looks neat in screenshots and I like the concept.

#2163 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3555 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

A lot of confusion regarding expiration of points. As I understand, and I hope I'm right, the cards shouldn't expire so you should be able to redeem the points whenever you want (or at least until MS decides they won't accept them anymore). Once redeemed, you have one year to use the points.

I still have MSP Cards from Target's Black Friday. I'll redeem one when I get home and update everyone.

ok, I entered the code and it's still valid.

whitereflection - if it comes up invalid check to make sure the code was entered correctly. This could be one of the reasons you can't redeem it. If the code was entered correctly and you still have the receipt it could mean the card wasn't activated. This happened to someone else on here and they had to go back to the store to activate it. I don't know how long it's been since you purchased it, or whether if the store can still do something to activate it but you can always try. If they can't, give MS a call. Don't give up to easily. Good Luck.

#2164 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:26 AM

Divekick is out for X1. $9.99/ 3.6 gb   You can play as Johnny Gat, nuff said.

#2165 sinned47   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:54 AM

tag

#2166 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

Not sure why the Destiny comparison's necessary. I played this game a few nights during the week I owned a PS4 before Destiny launched. I've never played it since then.

What Bob said. The games really have quite a lot in common - it's weird how people who prefer Destiny don't seem to pick up on the similarities. Obviously, they're not clones though and have plenty of differences as well.

#2167 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Man if this gets people back to playing BFBC2 Vietnam I'm going to have to throw that game in soon.

#2168 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Man if this gets people back to playing BFBC2 Vietnam I'm going to have to throw that game in soon.

I played it for two hours just a bit ago and the matches were packed for most of the Vietnam games I was in. 

#2169 Nesther  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

I'm still hoping Banjo-Tooie XBL will go on sale someday again. I seem to miss out on it every time it does.

#2170 Baboy   Das Feenreich! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

So, just as it was with Destiny, buying the 360 digital version of COD: Advanced Warfare will allow you to download the Xbox One version as well, free of charge. Same happens between PS3 and PS4. Very good news because that's one of the reasons I was on the fence about it, since I'm planning to move to One around Christmas and all. More publishers and developers should do the free upgrade thing, because at this point I am not buying pretty much anything unless I know that I can upgrade for free (or for a very limited price - see Minecraft, Ghosts or Black Flag) to the current-gen consoles. For example I'd easily shell out money for the largely inferior version of Forza Horizon 2 if I could then play the best one, but since there is no such thing I'm "forced" to wait for a sale on X1.

#2171 destro4eva   Banned Banned   1210 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

FINE! I'll buy The Witcher 2!

Yep. my thoughts exactly. Onto the hard drive it goes. 

Batman Blackgate worth the money? I have a sinking feeling it can get cheaper though. 

#2172 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

I wish it wasn't a digital-only offer. I can't justify spending $60 on Call of Duty at launch, especially after Ghosts.

#2173 Baboy   Das Feenreich! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

I wish it wasn't a digital-only offer. I can't justify spending $60 on Call of Duty at launch, especially after Ghosts.

The offer is valid until March 31st, 2015. Given the Ghosts precedent it's safe to say it'll be around 40$ by that time multiple times, albeit that is still more than you could find a physical copy for.

#2174 Donken   Nominated for Dumbest Post on the Site by Wombat CAGiversary!   5198 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

So, just as it was with Destiny, buying the 360 digital version of COD: Advanced Warfare will allow you to download the Xbox One version as well, free of charge. Same happens between PS3 and PS4. Very good news because that's one of the reasons I was on the fence about it, since I'm planning to move to One around Christmas and all. More publishers and developers should do the free upgrade thing, because at this point I am not buying pretty much anything unless I know that I can upgrade for free (or for a very limited price - see Minecraft, Ghosts or Black Flag) to the current-gen consoles. For example I'd easily shell out money for the largely inferior version of Forza Horizon 2 if I could then play the best one, but since there is no such thing I'm "forced" to wait for a sale on X1.

That's awesome! I will have to cash in on that deal. I like this digital upgrading

#2175 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11788 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

That's awesome! I will have to cash in on that deal. I like this digital upgrading

Yeah this is a cool trend. More games should do it. I would love to buy Dragon Age Inquisition now and be able to play it again on Xbone next year for free.

#2176 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'm just hoping early access for Dragon Age comes with achievements. They were not in FIFA 15 :(

#2177 Baboy   Das Feenreich! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

I'm actually surprised how Activision brought this into play out of the AAA publishers, given their greedy ways. Mind you, there's still the 50$ Season Pass for the game and I assume there'll be customization DLCs not included in it (just like the previous 2 CODs), but still, a free copy of the game? Why thank you, that also makes it so I can play with my friends who didn't move to One and those who already did as well. Given it's 60 FPS on both consoles it won't make a terrific difference in gameplay anyway, albeit at this point I'll play the campaign on One for better looking Michael Bay moments.

#2178 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Anyone else get an email from Xbox Rewards saying this? when I click the link in the email it just takes me to the "my mission" page on the website, so I'm not really sure what the offer is exactly.

There’s no better way to enjoy the new Xbox One than with friends, so why not share the experience and split 50,000 Rewards Credits? Half for you, and half for the first friend to complete this offer. It’s one of our biggest offers – and it’s handpicked for loyal Xbox Live Rewards members like you!

Upgrade to an Xbox One between October 7 and October 26 and share the fun!

#2179 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Ya I just got it as well. I sent the offer to my main alternate account and just signed up that account to my rewards. 50 bucks in Xbox cash when I get home next week.

#2180 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

So I just have to refer someone? Do you know if the other person has to be gold?

#2181 cecilkilmer  

cecilkilmer

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Ya I just got it as well. I sent the offer to my main alternate account and just signed up that account to my rewards. 50 bucks in Xbox cash when I get home next week.

Is your main alternate account a gold account?  I tried to refer my 3 silver accounts and all said it wasn't eligible.

#2182 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

Spoiler

#2183 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

So I just have to refer someone? Do you know if the other person has to be gold?

Is your main alternate account a gold account?  I tried to refer my 3 silver accounts and all said it wasn't eligible.

It doesn't say anything about having to be gold. The account I used has been silver for years. All I can say is make sure the account is not signed up for my rewards. I quickly glanced over the terms and it doesn't say anything about having to be gold, just the console has to be switched to home console when you sign in with the second account.

3. How to Receive Offer: During the Offer Period visit http://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions and follow the links and instructions log into your Xbox Live Rewards account and send an upgrade offer to friends (provide Xbox Live Gamertag) who are currently Xbox 360 members at least thirteen (13) years old and residing in one of the eligible locations listed in Section 1. If the friend you refer joins Xbox Live Rewards and then purchases the Xbox One console or console bundle from any retailer (online or in store) and then signs into Xbox Live via their Xbox One console purchased during the offer period, then both you and the friend you referred will receive twenty-five thousand (25,000) Rewards Credits each (the "Offer"). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $25. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Xbox Live account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) Offer by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's Offer and that participant may be disqualified. Rewards Credits will be awarded after the offer period upon completing the above steps.

#2184 cecilkilmer  

cecilkilmer

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

It doesn't say anything about having to be gold. The account I used has been silver for years. All I can say is make sure the account is not signed up for my rewards. I quickly glanced over the terms and it doesn't say anything about having to be gold, just the console has to be switched to home console when you sign in with the second account.

Yeah, none of my 3 backup accounts have been signed up for rewards, and only one has been signed into my Xbox One.  Although, now that I think about it, the 2 accounts that haven't signed into my Xbox One don't have any activity on Xbox 360 either, it's all on Windows 8, so I'll try unlocking a few achievements tonight with them on 360 and then try again.

#2185 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Alright thanks a lot for all of the help and info!

#2186 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ya I did see that part about having to play on the 360. Try that and it will most likely work. While my alternate account hasn't been gold for a long time, it does have achievements unlocked.

#2187 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Ya I did see that part about having to play on the 360. Try that and it will most likely work. While my alternate account hasn't been gold for a long time, it does have achievements unlocked.

How long did it take for your credits to show up? I completed all of the steps and it is still showing that the other account I referred as pending when I check.

#2188 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Oh the credits haven't appeared yet. I meant the offer I sent my alternate tag to. I believe it said the points can take up to the 15th of November to show up. Just to clarify, you have or haven't received the invite for your alternate tag? I have only got as far as receiving the invite and signing up with xbox rewards. I wont be able to sign in on my xbox one till next week as I am not home. 

#2189 labrat34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

labrat34

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

is the Arkham Origins season pass worth it? I wish just Cold Cold Heart was on sale

#2190 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

Oh the credits haven't appeared yet. I meant the offer I sent my alternate tag to. I believe it said the points can take up to the 15th of November to show up. Just to clarify, you have or haven't received the invite for your alternate tag? I have only got as far as receiving the invite and signing up with xbox rewards. I wont be able to sign in on my xbox one till next week as I am not home. 

The invite hasn't come through yet for some reason on my alt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox Live, XBLA, Games on Demand, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold