* * * * * 1 votes

Newegg.com / Gamecrate.com Activision PC Digital Game Sale (ends 12/29)

newegg digital games sale techmas ubisoft eblast activision

#61 NeweggJeff  

NeweggJeff

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Best I got on those currently.  New cards are new cards.

Agreed on the games I'm waiting for patches before I grab Unity.

You should have seen FC4 on our max machine here (named JackHammer) they use for GameCrate.

It was beautiful.

#62 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24381 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

Agreed on the games I'm waiting for patches before I grab Unity.

That rule goes especially for Unity. In general - that's my rule for most games: wait for price-drops + some patches behind it. It just ain't worth buying ASAP anymore, these day and age.

With the way things are today - with pushing the game out the door often way too early and turning early buyers into Paying Alpha/Beta Testers; inevitable Season Passes; DLC's galore to the point I can't even keep up w/ it (see games like SR3 + SR4, and BL2 w/ ridiculous + copious amounts of DLC's); games getting re-released editions later w/ way more content packages; re-released HD version coming within a few years; and other annoying business practices - there's almost no real reasons anymore to buy games ASAP.

I still need to work some more on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which I just recently purchased. I can wait on ACU - especially since my GF 560 Ti does not meet the very-beefy minimum requirement (GF 680); I need a new vid card to even think of running ACU (and the GF 970 is still quite pricey, IMHO); and likely I'll probably have a case of "AC Burn-Out" again after Black Flag.

Really, though - UbiSoft needs to slow down w/ these AC games - since they often ain't changing + evolving the AC formula super-duper much, anyways.

#63 NeweggJeff  

NeweggJeff

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

I'm about 25% on Black Flag right now.  Gotta collect EVERYTHING!

It really is the best AC game IMO outside of the ending to AC2 (so meta).

Might be the first game I 100%.

I did just re-purchase the Ezio Trilogy for ps3 during a bf sale so I'm going to work on those again shortly.

WoW raiding taking up wayyyyy too much time lately.

#64 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24381 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I'm about 25% on Black Flag right now.  Gotta collect EVERYTHING!

"Collect everything" is certainly normally NOT a mentality for me. It's normally "Play til the main quest ends or I get bored with the game."

And then, it's onto the next game.

It really is the best AC game IMO outside of the ending to AC2 (so meta).

Might be the first game I 100%.

I did just re-purchase the Ezio Trilogy for ps3 during a bf sale so I'm going to work on those again shortly.

I liked the set-up for the AC2 ending and where it was heading...

Spoiler

I liked AC2 + ACB the best, out of the AC games that I've played so far (finished AC1, 2, ACB, ACR, AC3; working on AC4).

Granted, I ain't finished AC4 - so, I'll hold judgment on that, until I actually finish it. I'm only around 5 hours into AC4.

#65 NeweggJeff  

NeweggJeff

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'm not normally a collect everything guy but for some reason the promise of a dead skeleton crew for 100% of the game sounds amazing.

#66 NeweggJeff  

NeweggJeff

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Updated OP for new sale