Businesses don't create jobs?

Do you happen to believe corporations create jobs out of the kindness of their hearts, for the common good?
No, as with all human actions, incentives are what drive the world. That is why the free market beats gov't control almost every time. A private sector worker has to actually perform to maintain his job, I can personally attest to no such standard in gov't jobs. ;)

Do you happen to believe that politicians seek to get elected for the common good? Check out how much and in what ways Harry Reid has amassed his fortune since being elected.

Do you happen to believe that politicians seek to get elected for the common good?
Occasionally laws and programs get enacted that benefit voters. BTW are you being obtuse or do you literally have zero idea where this was going?

Obtuse? She made an idiotic comment, and got applause for it even. If that is truly what the majority of morons in America believe, then we are in deep trouble. I know Hillary is actually a corporatist just pandering to the Occupy Wall Street masses. I just expect much more from my presidential hopefuls. You say the gov't has done some good, I agree. But our free market and capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty and provided more opportunity and comfort than any gov't program ever. Destroy and remake all the tax codes, corporate and private? I'm in! Give preferential treatment to companies that make strengthening our economy a priority versus shipping all the jobs overseas? OK! But trying to create the illusion that the free market is totally evil and only a huge, bloated big brother gov't can save and provide for us is wrong in my book. Corruption and graft is just as rampant in gov't as it is in the private sector, but with less accountability and oversight! Boss Tweed still lives. Do you support Hillary? Harry Reid?

Stop all gov't subsidies to business. We all hate lobbyist, right? Guaranteed sugar prices backed by tax payer money? Sounds like a free market to me..... :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
If businesses aren't responsible for creating jobs...

...then why do they get all the crap for shipping jobs overseas? If we're supposed to believe that it's outside forces alone that determine when a job is created, then these same outside forces would be solely responsible for the jobs moving to Asia or Mexico.

I have to laugh at the article title.  "Used against her again and again!"

Remember when the GOP based their convention around "You didn't build that"?  Yeah, that sure drive everyone away from Obama...

Pretty sure that Clinton isn't running for office this midterm.

Big Democratic losses in 2010 midterms as well. Big Democratic presidential win in 2012, even with the arm waving and hollering about "He said you didn't build that!"

Heck even some of my liberal friends laughed at Obama when he said that.
Probably didn't change how they voted though.

Probably didn't change how they voted though.
Oh snap!

shin-shoryuken-o.gif

gSFOuCc.gif

no they do it to make money. do you ask stupid questions because you are a stupid person or is it one big coincidence?
So stupidly you agree that business do not create jobs, they are created to make money with a byproduct being jobs. If a business can survive without the need of hands then there is no need for providing jobs.

Does a coal fired power plant create pollution, or is it just a byproduct of creating electricity?

A coal fire plant creates pollution because electricity can be create via other cleaner methods.

More like a coal fire plant creates electricity because it is SAVES MONEY and are EASIER TO BUILD and are CHEAP

I think if you ever lived in China or even 150 years ago in the US, you beg to live in darkness at night then deal with the "byproduct"

Does Nike make shoes, or are shoes a byproduct of Nike having a business plan to make money?
Does the military make war, or is war a byproduct of a politician's desire for power?
Does FOX News manufacture controversy, or is it a byproduct of creating ratings to sell ads?
Do retailers create unsafe conditions for Black Friday sales, or is it a byproduct of trying to sell a lot of cheap Chinese crap to da'masses at low, low prices?

If businesses create jobs instead of the government, then how will Democrats keep people voting for them by saying any challengers will take their job?

fuck Democrats.

bread's done
Back