- - - - -

Sony Settles w/ FTC Over False Vita Claims - Early Adopters get $$$

#31 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Almost everyone I know is taking the credit (the games suck) but I think I will take the check. I'd take the credit if you got it instantly, but seeing as how you have to wait until the end of the redemption period either way I'd rather have the flexibility of money.

Yeah, the options for games are dumb. The games are largely good games, but I'm pretty sure just about everyone who wants them has them. Puppeteer seemed like the newest one of the bunch, and I'm pretty sure even that one came out in 2013.

I'll probably go with credit, but mostly because while I did buy my Vita in time to qualify, and I did think it would be a better console than it has been, I love my Vita. So while I will take Sony's $25, I'll take it in the form that costs them the least because I don't regret my purchase even if they did misrepresent the product.

#32 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

The original emailed links work now. Dunno when that happened so I figured I'd update y'all.

#33 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2100 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

I received my email for this. I went with the credit. I'll use it to buy a new vita game Maybe Toukiden

#34 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Probably going to put mine towards renewing PS+, or on-sale games (when we get the credit). Seeing as how I'm in Canada now, getting the check would be a bit more difficult.

#35 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:22 AM

Got the email too, but it went to my spam folder.  For anyone else who didn't get it, check your spam folder, it might be there.

I'll just opt for $25 PSN credit, will be a nice added credit to my account.

#36 stepasyd   add me! CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

anybody else still not get an email? I've looked all throughout my Spam folder, and nothing. what email address did you guys receive this from?

#37 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

vitalegaloffer@playstationvita.us.com <Administrator@qgemail.com>

• stepasyd likes this

#38 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

anybody else still not get an email? I've looked all throughout my Spam folder, and nothing. what email address did you guys receive this from?

Late reply but just fill out the form and mail it in.

#39 Roopie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

When should we get the credit anyways?

#40 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

When should we get the credit anyways?

Settlement form says that we'll get it at the end of the form collection period, so either by June 30th or shortly after June 30th. Hope it coincides well with Mortal Kombat X coming out for PS3 so I can download the DLC. :)

#41 Roopie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Settlement form says that we'll get it at the end of the form collection period, so either by June 30th or shortly after June 30th. Hope it coincides well with Mortal Kombat X coming out for PS3 so I can download the DLC. :)

Awesome, I can't wait!

#42 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

Is the code being emailed to us or do I need to turn on my PS3 to check for a message?

#43 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

I opted for the $50 PSN credit. I hope it's added soon as there are some games and DLC I want to purchase.

#44 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

I opted for the $50 PSN credit. I hope it's added soon as there are some games and DLC I want to purchase.

Don't you mean $25 PSN credit?

#45 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

Don't you mean $25 PSN credit?

Ah, good call. $50 was "towards select games". Either way, I'll take the $25 :)

#46 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

So any update on this...?

#47 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

So any update on this...?

I was wondering that too, haven’t received anything from Sony, and I know for sure that I qualified for the offer when I submitted my claim. Checked messages on all my consoles and checked my email, nothing.

#48 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

I did not automatically receive the email for the offer, so around the middle of June I sent out a USPS package with the completed claim form and the side panel of my Vita packaging showing the identifying info for my device.  I opted to receive one of the merchandise vouchers.

Anyone else who physically sent in proof of purchase receive any response yet?  I'm still waiting to hear something back.

#49 Kirnzee   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:54 AM

I sent mine in physically and haven't heard a thing

I did not automatically receive the email for the offer, so around the middle of June I sent out a USPS package with the completed claim form and the side panel of my Vita packaging showing the identifying info for my device. I opted to receive one of the merchandise vouchers.

Anyone else who physically sent in proof of purchase receive any response yet? I'm still waiting to hear something back.

#50 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1261 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

Just got my $25 voucher in my email!

was a bit iffy at 1st, as the email was from vitalegaloffer@playstationvita.us.com and so instead of clicking on the links, i just copied the code and entered it. Sure enough, it worked.  So here is the email I received. I did everything online, so no mail in submission.

Dear Customer:
We received your Claim Form related to your purchase of a PlayStation Vita handheld game console. Your request for the following benefit has been approved. To retrieve your approved benefit, please log in to your PSN account and use the voucher code listed below.
For instructions regarding the use of the voucher code listed below, please visit http://us.playstation.com/redemption[us.playstation.com]. Code expires on 2/29/16. If you have any questions concerning this e-mail, your benefit, or the settlement, please contact the settlement administrator at 1-800-410-5484.
VOUCHER CODE: (DELETED)
Sincerely,
PlayStation Vita Settlement Administrator

#51 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2100 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

Got mine as well. Hmm to see what to do with it. Tempted to use it on Steins Gate

#52 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Got mine too. Pleasant surprise.

#53 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:58 PM

So I got my download code in the mail today, but I didn't receive the right code.  I had chosen the action/adventure pack that was supposed to include "God of War Collection", "Beyond Two Souls", "Twisted Metal" and "Unit 13".  Instead I got a code that redeemed "God of War HD", "Puppeteer", "Uncharted: Golden Abyss", "LittleBigPlanet 2", "Unit 13", "Twisted Metal", "Beyond Two Souls" and "ModNation Racers: Road Trip".

While I appreciate the unexpected additional games I was expecting "God of War Collection" to included both "God of War HD" and "God of War II HD", not just the first game.

Anyone know if these type of claims are required to follow through on their exact offers for settlement or are substitutions allowed (as they seem to have done in my case).  I may give the 1800 a call tomorrow to see if there's an explanation why the "merchandise voucher" was changed.