- - - - -

The Interview (2014): BR/DVD release 2/17/15, NETFLIX This weekend!

#61 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

oh snap, this just in!

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t2

#62 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

http://thefilmstage....-the-interview/

#63 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

Odd they don't list the PlayStation. Netflix idea would be nice .

#64 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

Odd they don't list the PlayStation. Netflix idea would be nice .

Wow...you got a point Playstation=Sony.  You would think their gaming platform would get it first...  Looks like youtube, google and xb live is getting it.  Netflix could never get it in time.

#65 Peyton_Manning   12 Years a CAG CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Peyton_Manning

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

I wanna go watch it as a big Fuck you to North Korea. Its playing at a shitty theater here in my town. But i don't want to pay to watch it.

#66 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

I like the posters for the movie...

The_Interview_2014_poster.jpg

reminds me of this..

Untitled-1+copy.png

#67 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

I wanna go watch it as a big Fuck you to North Korea. Its playing at a shitty theater here in my town. But i don't want to pay to watch it.

I kinda wanna cancel my tickets now that it will be cheaper to watch it at home then just paying 25.50 for the tickets + food at the alamo.

#68 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Wow...you got a point Playstation=Sony.  You would think their gaming platform would get it first...  Looks like youtube, google and xb live is getting it.  Netflix could never get it in time.

It looks like Netflix will get it but not for a few more days. I would watch it for "free" on Netflix.

#69 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

It looks like Netflix will get it but not for a few more days. I would watch it for "free" on Netflix.

wait what?  Seriously????  That would be a profit loss to put it on netflix... The cheapest is 7.99/8.99 a month to watch anything in their catalog as much as you want no limits.  If it is on netflix, everyone will sign up for the 2 weeks free membership then cancel after they watch the movie.  

#70 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3472 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

Where did you see that Netflix is getting soon? That makes zero sense right now, I'm thinking about renting it on Xbox Live myself, I'm actually glad I can save like $25 seeing it instead of going to the theater.

#71 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

I think what would be hilarious is if the movie was good. Seth Rogan and James Franco are the modern day Laurel and Hardy if L&H required you to be stoned, an aborted fetus, or the recent recipient of a lobotomy to enjoy them.

The only way I could care about this movie less, is if it was called Fast and the Furious 18, and starred Martin Lawrence and the corpse of Joan Rivers as his love interest. I'm not saying Seth and James aren't talented, it's just that they make such massive pile of crap movies that I'd rather bathe in the Ganges with a million open wounds.

Like, if somebody actually ate an entire plate of human turd, then waited until they defecated, and then wrote a screenplay out of that processed human feces, I think Sony could release it and call it The Interview. But I wish both of them well, they're good guys

#72 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Where did you see that Netflix is getting soon? That makes zero sense right now, I'm thinking about renting it on Xbox Live myself, I'm actually glad I can save like $25 seeing it instead of going to the theater.

Its on variety.

#73 rebelschs   Necessary Evil CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

rebelschs

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

I think what would be hilarious is if the movie was good. Seth Rogan and James Franco are the modern day Laurel and Hardy if L&H required you to be stoned, an aborted fetus, or the recent recipient of a lobotomy to enjoy them.

The only way I could care about this movie less, is if it was called Fast and the Furious 18, and starred Martin Lawrence and the corpse of Joan Rivers as his love interest. I'm not saying Seth and James aren't talented, it's just that they make such massive pile of crap movies that I'd rather bathe in the Ganges with a million open wounds.

Like, if somebody actually ate an entire plate of human turd, then waited until they defecated, and then wrote a screenplay out of that processed human feces, I think Sony could release it and call it The Interview. But I wish both of them well, they're good guys

You said everything I could possibly say about this movie.

Thanks.

#74 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

So I have been talking to a few of my friends who went ahead an saw it on XB Live.....  they said

Spoiler

#75 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9057 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

I just paid $6 for 48 hours rental and someone forgot to add DRM it.

#76 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7086 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

News is saying North Korea is berating Obama for his approval of Sony. Welcome to the Grand Ole Party guys.

#77 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

ok came back from seeing it at the Alamo...here are some thoughts.

Spoiler

#78 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

I wonder if this will change how movies are seen from now on. Making it available on Demand and in theaters is pretty big, even though this has been going on for indie films for a while now, but a major release (or was a major release) should push for this sort of thing to happen more often. 

#79 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hard to say.  If this was a big movie like Spiderman, Captain America, Godzilla, etc...no way would the studios allow this to be shown via VOD.  They would lose so much money to piracy and ticket lost due to the low one time rental.  You know how many people would rather pay 6 bucks and have 4 or 5 people come over then to pay 12 dollars each?  Not to mention what would stop sports bars from showing the movie and rake in the profiles from food and drink sales.  Those who are still "loyal" to movie theaters would still go but no way in hell would the studio recover the marketing and production costs making it a "failure" even if it was a hit on VOD. 

Sony was pretty much, "we will let this one slip for now..." ... How long will this movie be on VOD is unknown.  Will Regal/AMC even put it out now that pretty much most people have seen it?  I won't see it again as it was an ok movie.  I doubt they will consider it will probably not make much.  And if they don't put it out at all, Sony will have to move quickly to start producing the BR/DVD's in the hopes of recovering cost some how.

Give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I wonder if this will change how movies are seen from now on. Making it available on Demand and in theaters is pretty big, even though this has been going on for indie films for a while now, but a major release (or was a major release) should push for this sort of thing to happen more often. 

#80 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

http://www.comingsoo...ves-february-17

so in about a month we are getting the BR/DVD release... Doesn't look like the disc will contain an extended edition with the original material/grumsomeness of Kim's death scene as mentioned in the leaked emails.  According to BOM it's only made almost 6 million dollars.

http://www.boxoffice...terview2014.htm

Honestly without an extended edition is it really worth buying it on BR?  Home video sales are not going to help get it close to production cost of 44 million, making it a really failure.  :( 

#81 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

http://www.comingsoo...ary-24#/slide/1

I guess someone at Sony said "fuck it!" since they will lose a lot on disc release... they might as well cancel the disc and put the features up on you tube and cut their losses.... It won't be too much of a hit on their pockets....