100-200 Best Buy points bonus on select pre orders and current award nominated movies, including Big Hero 6, The Mockingjay Part 1 and Gone Girl

I thought that was a typo at first, both here and on the site...  Big Hero 6 seems like it'd be worth the $20 asking price to get the Blu/DVD/DC with the 200 point bonus...being at 400 points myself, this would close the sale and net me $5 back...

They also have Mockingjay SB's available for $20, listed as Blu/DVD (likely DC's). Only 100 point bonus on it...but I own the SB's for the first two already cause they were $14 apiece with extra points, so I might bite on this...

Orange is the New Black Season 1 for $17 Blu/DC and 200 points is the highlight of the non-preorder stuff, though.

In case anyone is curious, they are promoting 100 point bonus on some sale stuff. The extra 100 points is for award-nominated stuff.

Overall, the sure sell for me is Big Hero 6. I'll buy Orange is the New Black cause it's sub-$20 and has 200 points on it. I would still screencap both just in case, as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to be sure. I've heard mixed reports on this from forums. I've got $55 in BBGC I nabbed for $40 waiting around to use, and I thought getting this for $23 to nab $5 in RZC's (so final cost was $18, and I'd still have $32 in GC and $10 in RZC's) was worth the effort IF they would do it. Anyway, paid out of my pocket to pre-order just to be sure, screencapped everything...I'll definitely have some business for Best Buy in the near future.

Question: Can you still get points IF you use Gift Cards?

100 My Best Buy™ Bonus Points

when you buy this award-nominated movie.

Valid 1/11/15–1/17/15. My Best Buy program points will be fulfilled after you check out. My Best Buy members get 100 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership.
I don't think so.

100 My Best Buy™ Bonus Points

when you buy this award-nominated movie.

Valid 1/11/15–1/17/15. My Best Buy program points will be fulfilled after you check out. My Best Buy members get 100 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership.
I don't think so.
That's a bit of a confusing disclaimer. I'd rather not chance it. I also decided to say 'heck with it' and bought Big Hero 6. That disclaimer also worries me... 'Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership'...does this mean you can't get the 400 point bonus on other items, as well? Like if I wanted to get Big Hero 6 and Orange is the New Black?

Tempting for Big Hero 6 but the Target Exclusive Steelbook is awesome looking and I'd rather go with that (even if it is $5 more at the moment) Hopefully it's $19.99 the week of release.

http://www.target.com/p/big-hero-6-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-digital-target-exclusive/-/A-16943828?clkid=3cEyRW1qk3uGR1i2JvX3ezyEUkVzoJRhIxpewM0&lnm=Online+Tracking+Link&afid=Perfect+Future+AB&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002
Does Disney do steelbooks at Best Buy (not Marvel)?

That's a bit of a confusing disclaimer. I'd rather not chance it. I also decided to say 'heck with it' and bought Big Hero 6. That disclaimer also worries me... 'Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership'...does this mean you can't get the 400 point bonus on other items, as well? Like if I wanted to get Big Hero 6 and Orange is the New Black?
I think that's exactly what it means, which is a huge bummer because I was looking to pick up Mockingjay and the Grand Budapest Hotel.

So.... they are doing this again with pre-orders...good...  now did anyone clarify during the last promo if Steelbooks got 200 points?  Seems that all my steelbook pre-orders ended up getting 200 points instead of 100 points.

So.... they are doing this again with pre-orders...good... now did anyone clarify during the last promo if Steelbooks got 200 points? Seems that all my steelbook pre-orders ended up getting 200 points instead of 100 points.
I would say screencap everything (I did it for Big Hero 6 and for Orange is the New Black, but I settled on BH6 if I wanted to get the promo and the great deal). The double point promo this time around seems to be on various pre-order/sale titles, and also seems to factor in award-winners. These promo's are being treated as two separate entities...still, can use some CAG vet's to give details.

So.... they are doing this again with pre-orders...good... now did anyone clarify during the last promo if Steelbooks got 200 points? Seems that all my steelbook pre-orders ended up getting 200 points instead of 100 points.
All of my steelbook preorders got 200 points as well, though I'm not sure if that was an error on their part.

I mentioned this in my previous post in the last 100 point promo that I and other people got 200 points for movies like TMNT, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, GOTG, and so on.   My Sin City 2 did NOT get the 200 points....hmm...only regular.  I am afraid to bitch then they see the oops and remove the extra points from the other preorders.

Guess it's just pre-ordering Mockingjay and Battle Of 5 Armies on SB and passing on the rest, since there's that "1 offer per membership" disclaimer listed there, so I expect to only get one of them.   Both those two are good prices on SB pre-orders, so that's worth taking a chance on missing one of them.

Guess it's just pre-ordering Mockingjay and Battle Of 5 Armies on SB and passing on the rest, since there's that "1 offer per membership" disclaimer listed there, so I expect to only get one of them. Both those two are good prices on SB pre-orders, so that's worth taking a chance on missing one of them.
Is Mockingjay any good? I own both SBs for the first two movies, and the SB for this intrigued me...

I thought that was a typo at first, both here and on the site... Big Hero 6 seems like it'd be worth the $20 asking price to get the Blu/DVD/DC with the 200 point bonus...being at 400 points myself, this would close the sale and net me $5 back...

They also have Mockingjay SB's available for $20, listed as Blu/DVD (likely DC's). Only 100 point bonus on it...but I own the SB's for the first two already cause they were $14 apiece with extra points, so I might bite on this...

Orange is the New Black Season 1 for $17 Blu/DC and 200 points is the highlight of the non-preorder stuff, though.

In case anyone is curious, they are promoting 100 point bonus on some sale stuff. The extra 100 points is for award-nominated stuff.

Overall, the sure sell for me is Big Hero 6. I'll buy Orange is the New Black cause it's sub-$20 and has 200 points on it. I would still screencap both just in case, as I did.
Big Hero 6 is an easy choice for me too but I'm in the same position as Mockingjay. Didn't really care all that much for it (it wasn't a good stand alone movie at all) but I own the steelbooks for the first two...

Also, you will get the bonus points if you pre-order with a gift card and you will get points for each movie. The stuff in the disclaimer means you can't get bonus points for buying a gift card (not really applicable in this case but generic terms language is being used) and the part about one promo means you can't buy 10 copies of Big Hero 6 and get 2000 points (though I should note, in the past this has happened - I got 100 points for all 3 of my Guardians pre-orders).

Is Mockingjay any good? I own both SBs for the first two movies, and the SB for this intrigued me...
Opinions will differ but Mockingjay is in no way a stand alone film. It is very much a case of source material stretched to milk another movie out of the franchise and nothing really happens in it despite the length. Everything is done fairly well, it just all sort of has this "waiting around for part II" feel to it.

Big Hero 6 is an easy choice for me too but I'm in the same position as Mockingjay. Didn't really care all that much for it (it wasn't a good stand alone movie at all) but I own the steelbooks for the first two...

Also, you will get the bonus points if you pre-order with a gift card and you will get points for each movie. The stuff in the disclaimer means you can't get bonus points for buying a gift card (not really applicable in this case but generic terms language is being used) and the part about one promo means you can't buy 10 copies of Big Hero 6 and get 2000 points (though I should note, in the past this has happened - I got 100 points for all 3 of my Guardians pre-orders).
I did want to get Big Hero 6 and Mockingjay pre-bought to get them out of the way, and getting the bonus points on each movie did intrigue me. But the last time that Best Buy did a promo like this, and I do mean the last time, did anyone who pre-order multiple titles (not multiple copies) on the same order that had the promos get their bonus points on each movie, or did they get snuffed due to technicalities?

Opinions will differ but Mockingjay is in no way a stand alone film. It is very much a case of source material stretched to milk another movie out of the franchise and nothing really happens in it despite the length. Everything is done fairly well, it just all sort of has this "waiting around for part II" feel to it.
Lots of people think that Mockingjay is the worst of the three books, though I think it's the best since you see the end results of everything that happened in the previous two books.

Where they ended it in the first movie is a reasonable "break point" within the book and they did stretch it out a bit to make it a full-length movie. Other option would be to make it a 3-3.5 hour long movie and most people wouldn't sit through one of those.

Blame Twilight, I think they started the trend with the "split" of a single book into two movies.

Lots of people think that Mockingjay is the worst of the three books, though I think it's the best since you see the end results of everything that happened in the previous two books.

Where they ended it in the first movie is a reasonable "break point" within the book and they did stretch it out a bit to make it a full-length movie. Other option would be to make it a 3-3.5 hour long movie and most people wouldn't sit through one of those.

Blame Twilight, I think they started the trend with the "split" of a single book into two movies.
I enjoyed the first two movies (having never read the books). Considering the SB will be a pain to get ahold of like all the rest, I'll likely pre-order it at some point. If anyone can answer whether they've gotten their point promos for multiple pre-orders done at once, then I'll update my pre-order to have this with my Big Hero 6 set up.

I enjoyed the first two movies (having never read the books). Considering the SB will be a pain to get ahold of like all the rest, I'll likely pre-order it at some point. If anyone can answer whether they've gotten their point promos for multiple pre-orders done at once, then I'll update my pre-order to have this with my Big Hero 6 set up.
I didn't do them in the same order but all three of my Guardians pre-orders posted the 100 point bonus. Shouldn't be an issue with two different movies and worst case just make a post on the forums a couple weeks after release and they'll straighten it out.

I didn't do them in the same order but all three of my Guardians pre-orders posted the 100 point bonus. Shouldn't be an issue with two different movies and worst case just make a post on the forums a couple weeks after release and they'll straighten it out.
I'll do it now then, for the hell of it.

Just an update. I used two Best Buy Gift Cards and added them to my order to try and see how it would work. It said right then that I wasn't getting any points awarded for the transaction. I am still a bit leery now, though...

Just an update. I used two Best Buy Gift Cards and added them to my order to try and see how it would work. It said right then that I wasn't getting any points awarded for the transaction. I am still a bit leery now, though...
Those should just be the regular points. The 100/200 should not be affected. It should be like pre-ordering games. I get my points no matter what I use to purchase.

Bonus points don't immediately appear. You'd get no points though for the actual purchase.

I bought one copy of guardians using certificates and gift cards. Points posted around the time it shipped.

Just wanted to point out. My order of two films that were to award 200 points each only awarded me 200 points total. I did use some reward certs for the order which reflects the reduced price of the movies. But that should not impact my bonus reward points.

I'd contact BB via customer service but the previous two times I've called to get issues corrected, they have said the issues were remedied but they were not.

Around Christmas I placed an order and it defaulted to my previous address (my mistake for not noticing), but I called them within 3 minutes to make the change and they said the address was correct (despite my email confirmation saying incorrect address), and that it was too late to change anyway (even though their website says you can make address changes up to 30 minutes). The order went to the wrong address.

The second issue came on a price match after I had purchased. I had bought Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for $40 but then that sale of $30 came out and I called and they said I would see the difference returned to me. Never saw it credit to my account or anything. C'est la vie.

[attachment=11290:BB.jpg]

Just wanted to point out. My order of two films that were to award 200 points each only awarded me 200 points total. I did use some reward certs for the order which reflects the reduced price of the movies. But that should not impact my bonus reward points.

I'd contact BB via customer service but the previous two times I've called to get issues corrected, they have said the issues were remedied but they were not.

Around Christmas I placed an order and it defaulted to my previous address (my mistake for not noticing), but I called them within 3 minutes to make the change and they said the address was correct (despite my email confirmation saying incorrect address), and that it was too late to change anyway (even though their website says you can make address changes up to 30 minutes). The order went to the wrong address.

The second issue came on a price match after I had purchased. I had bought Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for $40 but then that sale of $30 came out and I called and they said I would see the difference returned to me. Never saw it credit to my account or anything. C'est la vie.

attachicon.gif
BB.jpg
Whenever you can, avoid calling and post on the forums instead. The people on the forums are super helpful. People at the phone center may not be aware what Best Buy even is. Even with the "Elite Plus" dedicated line they are predominantly idiots.

Well I tried to order this on line for in store pick up and as soon as I tried placing the order for it it said it was out of stock at the store.  I never trust the store inventory because I always tend to find it in stock anyways.... will I get the points if I find it in store and call My best buy to see if they can add it or will I get it no matter what?

Well I tried to order this on line for in store pick up and as soon as I tried placing the order for it it said it was out of stock at the store. I never trust the store inventory because I always tend to find it in stock anyways.... will I get the points if I find it in store and call My best buy to see if they can add it or will I get it no matter what?
It kept showing as Only Available for Shipping on pre-orders for me. At this point, doing both for free shipping and points anyway works for me.

It kept showing as Only Available for Shipping on pre-orders for me. At this point, doing both for free shipping and points anyway works for me.
They may not be doing the same thing as they did for GOTG, 2014 TMNT and the other ones they did this promotion on recently, as they had in-store pickup available for those items well before release day. These ones, they may not yet.

bread's done
Back