BestBuy.com Hyrule Warriors Wii U, Super Mario 3D World $51.99/41.59 with GCU

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey everyone,  just saw this today.  Best Buy has Hyrule Warriors and also Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U on sale for $51.99 each,  which comes out to around $41.59 with GCU.  This price is ONLY online,  so please note if you try to pricematch in store you will lose the GCU discount as price matches and GCU don't stack. I've seen them on Amazon for around $52 before,  but obviously with GCU it's a much better price

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyrule-warriors-nintendo-wii-u/7364129.p?id=1219267476507&skuId=7364129

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-world-nintendo-wii-u/8628047.p?id=1218879426983&skuId=8628047

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks just picked one up, I guarenteed this game will be rare to find within the next year. Just like ocarina of time 3ds! Much as gracias Op

Stack it with the $5 off any Wii U game and you've got a decent deal.
I tried to in-store, but at my store at least, it rings up $59.99. I couldn't convince the cashier to give me the online price + GCU + coupon. When they adjust the price to bestbuy.com's online price it is considered a price match though so I gave up explaining it should be $51.99-20%-coupon.

Also, OP, you may want to add that Super Mario 3D World is also $51.99 as well.

I tried to in-store, but at my store at least, it rings up $59.99. I couldn't convince the cashier to give me the online price + GCU + coupon. When they adjust the price to bestbuy.com's online price it is considered a price match though so I gave up explaining it should be $51.99-20%-coupon.

Thanks, I added to the post that it's online only and added Super Mario 3d World as well

Why not do in store pick up and pay online....

I sold a sealed copy of ocarina of time in December for $40..........sadness
I'm looking at the prices on Amazon, ebay, and even Gamestop. Holy crap. Did it jump up in demand with the release of Majoras Mask?

I'm glad I bought a complete copy with a GS B2G1 coupon a while back... when gamestop sold it for like $39.99 rather than $49.99 used :wall:

I got Hyrule Warriors yesterday. The cashier price matched it initially I think but looking at the receipt I got 20% off (probably from GCU) and I had a $5 gift certificate bringing the price down to $42.99 or $45.89 after tax. Even though it's about $48 on Amazon I'm glad I was able to get it for a decent price.  

I'm looking at the prices on Amazon, ebay, and even Gamestop. Holy crap. Did it jump up in demand with the release of Majoras Mask?

I'm glad I bought a complete copy with a GS B2G1 coupon a while back... when gamestop sold it for like $39.99 rather than $49.99 used :wall:
It is now OOP. Ive scoured my city looking for a sealed copy but no luck. I did however buy a slightly used 3ds bundle on ebay that included it, so I am happy to own it again.

Why not do in store pick up and pay online....
I got home and it was eating me up that I didn't get the game so I setlled for Store Pick Up without using the in store $5 off coupon.

I go to check out and they take it out of my cart due to "high demand". There's only one copy at my store but usually it lets me do store pickup in these situations anyways.

Re-ordered for ship to home instead. :p

I got home and it was eating me up that I didn't get the game so I setlled for Store Pick Up without using the in store $5 off coupon.

I go to check out and they take it out of my cart due to "high demand". There's only one copy at my store but usually it lets me do store pickup in these situations anyways.

Re-ordered for ship to home instead. :p
Did the same for me when I did instore pickup. I just shipped it instead. Although it says it won't be here till the 18th, but glad I pulled the trigger.

Don't forget to pick up the hardcover guide, should go up in value with time. Seems to be vanishing from all other retailers and at $25.49 with a game purchase is a damn good price. #ALBW

I picked up two guides and a second copy of the game as I already had one.

Hyrule Warriors was fun but repetitive (like all Dynasty warrior style games) ... I've wanted to pick up a copy but this still seems too high. Around $30 would be my must buy price ... but as a limited edition game (because it's for the Wii U ... see what I did there), I realize it may never drop.

Hyrule Warriors was fun but repetitive (like all Dynasty warrior style games) ... I've wanted to pick up a copy but this still seems too high. Around $30 would be my must buy price ... but as a limited edition game (because it's for the Wii U ... see what I did there), I realize it may never drop.
It dropped lower than that on Black Friday. I'll wait till then for the next sale.

Its highly unlikely ever going to to be that cheap again, but if thats your buy price, more power to you for holding out.

I wouldn't be surprised if production is done for this item, it has been stated one million units have been shipped to retailers.

It jumped up in demand after it went out of print months ago...

What's BB's policy on online purchase price matches?  I literally ordered this 1 week ago, with GCU and a rewards cert.  Worried because of GCU and cert they won't do anything to price match.

So I got GCU a few weeks ago and bought at least $100 worth of stuff since then, but my account shows 0 points so far, what the heck?! I want to jump on this deal but if my account isn't working correctly I need to get that shiz straightened out. Hope I don't need all of my receipts, I don't usually hold on to those for too long...

help =(

EDIT: Oh it says it takes 15 days, phew. Let me check and make sure they're that old, should start reflecting this week then.

EDIT 2: Yup, was back on the 23rd. Do weekends count or is it business days? If not then it should show up tomorrow. Best case scenario with double points you get $5 for $125 in purchases?

I also see that they advertise 50% with this welcome coupon on a strategy guide. Since I can't seem to locate this searching to see if it's in stock, is there any way to use these welcome coupons online?

What's BB's policy on online purchase price matches? I literally ordered this 1 week ago, with GCU and a rewards cert. Worried because of GCU and cert they won't do anything to price match.
Because of the certificate you might run into trouble because they will have to refund the certificate which could take a while to get back into the system. Also if you purchased anything else on the same receipt it won't let you do it unless you return everything since it splits up the certificate across all items.

Pretty much ymmv on if it can go smoothly or not depending on how good customer service is at your BB.

I blame you guys for picking up a copy, simply because I believe this will become hard to find later on. Frickin' Pikmin 3.

Thank you for the heads up :) Had a gift card from their trade-in bonus a few weeks ago, so I picked up Warriors and 3D world both!

I want to buy it now but does anyone know if we could use the Nintendo $5 coupon online? Also, Best Buy doesn't do the GCU in store to drop it to $41 do they?

I would get this now since I believe this game is going out of print just as Bayoneta 2 is now. Glad I bought that game last month.

So I got GCU a few weeks ago and bought at least $100 worth of stuff since then, but my account shows 0 points so far, what the heck?! I want to jump on this deal but if my account isn't working correctly I need to get that shiz straightened out. Hope I don't need all of my receipts, I don't usually hold on to those for too long...
help =(

EDIT: Oh it says it takes 15 days, phew. Let me check and make sure they're that old, should start reflecting this week then.

EDIT 2: Yup, was back on the 23rd. Do weekends count or is it business days? If not then it should show up tomorrow. Best case scenario with double points you get $5 for $125 in purchases?

I also see that they advertise 50% with this welcome coupon on a strategy guide. Since I can't seem to locate this searching to see if it's in stock, is there any way to use these welcome coupons online?
If you go to your online my bestbuy account, you can view your purchase history and pending points.

I bought hyrule but I hate dynasty warriors type game play. I just need to put sheik and toon link to use.

I believe the coupons should have been emailed to the email you used to sign up.

If you go to your online my bestbuy account, you can view your purchase history and pending points.
No I have the coupons but they're just bar codes. I'm wondering if the actual code above the bars can be used to apply the coupon online as I don't think I can find the actual guide in stores. Anyone have experience with this?

Are you guys sure this will go out of print including bayonetta 2? I want to wait for price drop around $30. Or hoping Hyrule Warriors will have a complete version cause of all those DLC.

No I have the coupons but they're just bar codes. I'm wondering if the actual code above the bars can be used to apply the coupon online as I don't think I can find the actual guide in stores. Anyone have experience with this?
Sorry i misread your original question, lol.

The coupons are in store only. Just an fyi, but if a store has less than 3 of an item, it will not show up on the online stock checker. It may be worth it to go in person.

Sorry i misread your original question, lol.

The coupons are in store only. Just an fyi, but if a store has less than 3 of an item, it will not show up on the online stock checker. It may be worth it to go in person.
Did not know that, thank you!

Now the question is if I have to print it out or if I can show it from my phone lol.

I want to buy it now but does anyone know if we could use the Nintendo $5 coupon online? Also, Best Buy doesn't do the GCU in store to drop it to $41 do they?

I would get this now since I believe this game is going out of print just as Bayoneta 2 is now. Glad I bought that game last month.
I didn't realize Bayonetta 2 was out if print since it's still available everywhere. Guess I'll be picking it up soon since I just got a Wii U over the weekend.

Are you guys sure this will go out of print including bayonetta 2? I want to wait for price drop around $30. Or hoping Hyrule Warriors will have a complete version cause of all those DLC.
Has Nintendo ever released a goty/complete game?

I wouldn't risk it. So many Wii U games are starting to disappear and sell for full retail or more. I predict these two games you mentioned will go that route too.

Because of the certificate you might run into trouble because they will have to refund the certificate which could take a while to get back into the system. Also if you purchased anything else on the same receipt it won't let you do it unless you return everything since it splits up the certificate across all items.

Pretty much ymmv on if it can go smoothly or not depending on how good customer service is at your BB.
Ugh, not worth the hassle then for what'd be like 8 bucks or so. Ironically I was sitting on the cert till the last minute hoping for a sale on this, bit before the cert expired, and then it went on sale lol. Ah well, thanks for the info!

bread's done
Back