* * * * * 1 votes

BestBuy.com Hyrule Warriors Wii U, Super Mario 3D World $51.99/41.59 with GCU

Hyrule Warriors Wii U GCU Super Mario 3d World Online only bestbuy.com

#31 Rohman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

What's BB's policy on online purchase price matches? I literally ordered this 1 week ago, with GCU and a rewards cert. Worried because of GCU and cert they won't do anything to price match.

Because of the certificate you might run into trouble because they will have to refund the certificate which could take a while to get back into the system. Also if you purchased anything else on the same receipt it won't let you do it unless you return everything since it splits up the certificate across all items.

Pretty much ymmv on if it can go smoothly or not depending on how good customer service is at your BB.

#32 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

I blame you guys for picking up a copy, simply because I believe this will become hard to find later on. Frickin' Pikmin 3.

#33 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Thank you for the heads up :) Had a gift card from their trade-in bonus a few weeks ago, so I picked up Warriors and 3D world both!

#34 E_Man   Classically Trained!! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

I want to buy it now but does anyone know if we could use the Nintendo $5 coupon online? Also, Best Buy doesn't do the GCU in store to drop it to $41 do they?

I would get this now since I believe this game is going out of print just as Bayoneta 2 is now. Glad I bought that game last month.

#35 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

CAGS, Hyrule or 3D World? I can only get one.

#36 proKoyeon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

CAGS, Hyrule or 3D World? I can only get one.

If you have someone to play with, 3d World imo.

#37 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

So I got GCU a few weeks ago and bought at least $100 worth of stuff since then, but my account shows 0 points so far, what the heck?! I want to jump on this deal but if my account isn't working correctly I need to get that shiz straightened out. Hope I don't need all of my receipts, I don't usually hold on to those for too long...
help =(

EDIT: Oh it says it takes 15 days, phew. Let me check and make sure they're that old, should start reflecting this week then.

EDIT 2: Yup, was back on the 23rd. Do weekends count or is it business days? If not then it should show up tomorrow. Best case scenario with double points you get $5 for $125 in purchases?

I also see that they advertise 50% with this welcome coupon on a strategy guide. Since I can't seem to locate this searching to see if it's in stock, is there any way to use these welcome coupons online?

If you go to your online my bestbuy account, you can view your purchase history and pending points.

#38 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

I bought hyrule but I hate dynasty warriors type game play. I just need to put sheik and toon link to use.

#39 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

I believe the coupons should have been emailed to the email you used to sign up.

If you go to your online my bestbuy account, you can view your purchase history and pending points.

No I have the coupons but they're just bar codes. I'm wondering if the actual code above the bars can be used to apply the coupon online as I don't think I can find the actual guide in stores. Anyone have experience with this?

#40 CocoCrisps  

CocoCrisps

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

Are you guys sure this will go out of print including bayonetta 2? I want to wait for price drop around $30. Or hoping Hyrule Warriors will have a complete version cause of all those DLC.

#41 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Bit on Hyrule Warriors. This game is my Candy Crush!

#42 GreyFoxx2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

GreyFoxx2002

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

I wonder if this will hold till Friday? If so super sweet!

#43 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

No I have the coupons but they're just bar codes. I'm wondering if the actual code above the bars can be used to apply the coupon online as I don't think I can find the actual guide in stores. Anyone have experience with this?

Sorry i misread your original question, lol.

The coupons are in store only. Just an fyi, but if a store has less than 3 of an item, it will not show up on the online stock checker. It may be worth it to go in person.

#44 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

Sorry i misread your original question, lol.

The coupons are in store only. Just an fyi, but if a store has less than 3 of an item, it will not show up on the online stock checker. It may be worth it to go in person.

Did not know that, thank you!

Now the question is if I have to print it out or if I can show it from my phone lol.

#45 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3333 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

I want to buy it now but does anyone know if we could use the Nintendo $5 coupon online? Also, Best Buy doesn't do the GCU in store to drop it to $41 do they?

I would get this now since I believe this game is going out of print just as Bayoneta 2 is now. Glad I bought that game last month.

I didn't realize Bayonetta 2 was out if print since it's still available everywhere.  Guess I'll be picking it up soon since I just got a Wii U over the weekend.

#46 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

Are you guys sure this will go out of print including bayonetta 2? I want to wait for price drop around $30. Or hoping Hyrule Warriors will have a complete version cause of all those DLC.

Has Nintendo ever released a goty/complete game?

#47 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2911 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

I wouldn't risk it. So many Wii U games are starting to disappear and sell for full retail or more. I predict these two games you mentioned will go that route too.

#48 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4729 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Because of the certificate you might run into trouble because they will have to refund the certificate which could take a while to get back into the system. Also if you purchased anything else on the same receipt it won't let you do it unless you return everything since it splits up the certificate across all items.

Pretty much ymmv on if it can go smoothly or not depending on how good customer service is at your BB.

Ugh, not worth the hassle then for what'd be like 8 bucks or so.  Ironically I was sitting on the cert till the last minute hoping for a sale on this, bit before the cert expired, and then it went on sale lol.  Ah well, thanks for the info!

#49 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3691 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:35 AM

:x should I get the mario party 10 or the hyrule warriors?

#50 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

:x should I get the mario party 10 or the hyrule warriors?

Hyrule Warriors is a decent game, so I suggest getting it.

#51 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

I just want to try HW...not paying $40 for something I know I'd eventually get bored of (such is Dynasty Warriors gameplay). Come on Nintendo at least give me a demo lol.

Any chance this will reach $30? I'll pay around$20 w/ gcu and that's it.

#52 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Ugh, not worth the hassle then for what'd be like 8 bucks or so.  Ironically I was sitting on the cert till the last minute hoping for a sale on this, bit before the cert expired, and then it went on sale lol.  Ah well, thanks for the info!

The welcoming coupon for $5 off a game? If this is an online-only sale and the coupon can only be used in stores it doesn't matter right? Correct me if I'm wrong but these games are still full price ($60) in-store so it's kind of a toss up either way tho with GCU you'd get it down to like..48-50 and with the coupon maybe $45 at best? This is no more than a $40 game to me, or is it really that good?

#53 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

If you have someone to play with, 3d World imo.

someone to play with

I'm someone... :-k

Come on Nintendo at least give me a demo lol.

They have a demo in store, would be cool to download it too.

#54 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1824 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

I wouldn't risk it. So many Wii U games are starting to disappear and sell for full retail or more. I predict these two games you mentioned will go that route too.

Especially compounded by the fact they have the retail games on the eshop, not likely to see additional print runs unless its Mario (though DK is still getting reprinted it seems).

Even the retail version of Wii Sports Club (which you think would be one of Nintendo's flagship titles to keep stocked in stores) disappeared so quickly (in about 6 months or so).

#55 darkitachi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

darkitachi

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Hey guys, how long does it take to get the GCU discount if you sign up today? I'd like to get in on this. Any input is appreciated :)

#56 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2911 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hey guys, how long does it take to get the GCU discount if you sign up today? I'd like to get in on this. Any input is appreciated :)

Found it here: http://forums.bestbu...its/td-p/890534

#57 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Can you guys hurry up and buy them all before I get them? Jeez.

#58 SuperNatural23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

SuperNatural23

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

Just received my copy of hyrule warriors from best buy and it didn't come with a club nintendo code. Just a heads up

#59 phogoodness   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

phogoodness

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Just received my copy of hyrule warriors from best buy and it didn't come with a club nintendo code. Just a heads up

Really? I bought it for both the code, and to keep for later play in the collection. If it doesn't come with the code, that really sucks. Anybody else reporting the same issue? I am still waiting for mines to ship.

#60 XSpark210X   Yeah... CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

This has been mentioned before it was probably part of a second print run with no CN codes inside

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hyrule Warriors, Wii U, GCU, Super Mario 3d World, Online only, bestbuy.com