Code Name S.T.E.A.M - $15 (In-Store, Walmart, YMMV) (Pics Inside)

theghost4413

CAGiversary!
Got another great deal at the Grandville, MI Walmart today with Code Name S.T.E.A.M for $15!! It is extremely YMMV, but unlike the Watch Dogs deal that they had to price adjust the last time, this just rung for $15 straight. There are two pics below if anyone wants to price match. Sorry there was someone right there and I didn't want to be taking a picture right before I bought it, hence the shelf being empty. The new Fossil Fighters was also priced at $15, will be attempting to grab that when it releases Friday! Great flips even if you don't want to play them.

[attachment=13082:IMG_0357.JPG][attachment=13083:IMG_0356.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to check my local Wal-Mart. I doubt anything comes of it as you said this extremely YMMV, but $15 is the price for me on this game. I am interested, but not enough to spend MSRP for it. 

Dammit, wifey on her day off and I have to spend time with her. She hates going to Walmart too. I hope I can get at this price.

I'm going to stop by a Wal-Mart on my way home from work to try my luck. If I see it for $15, I'll buy as many copies as I can and I'll let you guys know if anyone is interested, I'd sell them at price as long as you pay for shipping. I doubt I find any, but again it's worth stopping and checking. 

That is why I would highly encourage a trip to the store just to see. Check around, Im finding more and more of these deals lately there.

This goes in the regional section. Obviously just a mistake on that store in particulars part and nothing more.

This goes in the regional section. Obviously just a mistake on that store in particulars part and nothing more.
We used to have a YMMV Walmart Deal thread for things like this. I wonder whatever happened to it? It sure would come in handy with the influx of Walmart YMMV posts we've had this week.

I played the demo and enjoyed it, but at that price I couldn't pass; simply for the flip alone!
Woohoo, enjoy the pack of gum you can buy with your massive profitz.

And I doubt anyone else will get this deal.

Lucky and I doubt anyone else will get this price! I would get Fossil Fighters as well for that price.
if you have a meijers by you and have some extra stuff you have to buy you can get it for this price after all discounts

(even if meijers carries it)

They have a coupon 10 off 50 this weekend

Some M perks have 5 off total

Game 29.99

Buy 20 bucks of stuff you need normal

50 - 10 - 5 = 35 and then take the 20 off you would of spent anyways . 15 for the game

have no clue if they are going to carry it. Going to hit a walmart on the way home but wont hold my breathe

Well that was a waste of time. People are still swapping stuff at Walmart when they return apparently some people swapped their 3DSXL for the N3DSXL according to the guy I talked to. They wouldn't price match the receipt either at the store I went to. Well I tried.

Thank you OP!

Went to Best Buy and was straight up with the cashier explaining that I had a photo of a price tag that was in store only price and was significantly cheaper than retail price. I showed the OP's picture of the Wal Mart tag and he called back if they price matched in store only prices with a photo providing the price. Manager said they did and overrided the price without a mention of the price difference.

Was hyped for this game but reviews kind of scared me away but at $15 it was too sweet to pass up!

Thank you OP!

Went to Best Buy and was straight up with the cashier explaining that I had a photo of a price tag that was in store only price and was significantly cheaper than retail price. I showed the OP's picture of the Wal Mart tag and he called back if they price matched in store only prices with a photo providing the price. Manager said they did and overrided the price without a mention of the price difference.

Was hyped for this game but reviews kind of scared me away but at $15 it was too sweet to pass up!
Damn, I might try this tomorrow. Mine are pretty liberal with price matches.

Already brought one at GS to get the Zelda and MH Pins, but I have been hesitant on opening it.

39.96 at my local walmart.

my best buy is a stickler for rules on price matching and coupons.
Same here, I wasn't able to get my Best Buy to PM the Fred Meyer's price on the Pokemon games a few weeks back and ended up getting Wal-Mart to PM an Omega Ruby for me.

I am definitely going to try my luck at Wal-Mart on my way home, but am not expecting anything to come from it. I won't even bother trying to PM at Best Buy, they will definitely decline it at my store.

Was able to PM at Best Buy.  Wasnt sure but i loved xcom and fire emblem which are the games getting associated with this one the most so i figured it was worth a shot.  Thanks op.  

Thanks, OP. I was able to PM at Best Buy by zooming in on the pic of the price tag with the UPC visible at the bottom. They don't normally PM pics from stores but I was buying a bunch of stuff so I think he threw me a bone.

Tried Walmart and Best Buy with no luck. If anybody manages to snag me one I would pay for shipping and your troubles. :)
By the time your done paying for shipping and a buyer tip you might as well buy it yourself. $33.45 lowest price new on Amazon.

By the time your done paying for shipping and a buyer tip you might as well buy it yourself. $33.45 lowest price new on Amazon.
game is not that good anyways. just got it from gamefly after waiting a week to ship it (ship last friday) played it 5 hours and bored with it.

Got my Best Buy to do the price match. After my $5 birthday reward coupon came to $10 and some change. Maybe not the best game but I bet it's at least worth $10. I can tolerate a lot from a game.

Got my Best Buy to do the price match. After my $5 birthday reward coupon came to $10 and some change. Maybe not the best game but I bet it's at least worth $10. I can tolerate a lot from a game.
Did you need a managers approval for the price match?

Did you need a managers approval for the price match?
All price matches require approval. Hopefully you get one that just approves it and doesn't investigate. What you don't want is them to see how much it's being price matched for. Typically anything more than 20% of the cost raises an eyebrow. That doesn't mean they won't do it, but at that point they might call the nearest Wal-Mart or check the web.

In my case the manager didn't even care to look at the transaction. Either that or he knew the reviews were bad and didn't want to have to clearance them later. :D/ I kid, I kid.

I have price matched at Walmart but it wasn't a big difference and the cashier didn't need a manager so I'm assuming they only need it for $10+ decreases or maybe more.

Thank you OP!

I'll have to try that at lunch. There's a Wal-Mart and a Best Buy right next to each other near me. If WM turns out to be a bust I'l try price matching at BB

I had this preordered at GS as I love the FE games. I still haven't opened it since I can't stop playing MH4U.

Well darn, was debating waiting to open my full-priced pre-ordered (for the MM pin) game or waiting since I hadn't seen any good deals yet -- should've waited a few more days.  Wonder if I can get BB to price-match it still though?

I have price matched at Walmart but it wasn't a big difference and the cashier didn't need a manager so I'm assuming they only need it for $10+ decreases or maybe more.
Wal-Mart's threshold is $20. $19.99 and under difference doesn't require approval.

Not sure what bb is. It may also vary at bb if the item is on sale already.

How were you guys able to price match at best buy? Do you say that you saw that price at a local walmart? It seems like you gotta attack this from the right angle and I'm hoping to try matching it tomorrow at best buy.

bread's done
Back