Unbranded Wii U Pro Controllers on eBay...?

ArugulaZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot2-U-Pro-Wireless-Controller-for-Nintendo-Wii-U-New-Black-/351367408274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cf212a92

I've seen controllers like these pop up from time to time on eBay. Note that they are NOT the controllers with a Super NES controller fused into them, but an exact duplicate of the official Wii U Pro Controller, minus the Wii U branding. I'm just wondering if they're functionally identical to Nintendo's own Pro Controllers, or if they're bogus knock-offs.

I bought a knock off nunchuck and it works but have heard stories of them breaking and it feels a little different from what I remember a nunchuck feeling like. Seems marginally lighter and the analog feels like it's 32 directions rather than nearly infinite directions. I don't plan on using it a whole lot so it works for my purposes.

If they are for your kids to good around with I'd say they are fine but you plan on extended Smash Bros. action with them I'd worry about their longevity. I have not purchased any of these myself, just proving my opinion and antidote from my knock off nunchuck purchase. 

I've bought something very similar (just a 1-pack) from ebay and it works well, but it does have enough differences that I wouldn't buy one again. It's the controller you make someone you don't like use :p

It's a bit more cheap feeling than the official one (duh), and the thumbsticks are a bit stiffer - they still haven't gotten super smooth. Mine also has a rattle noise when moving the controller around. It does hold a charge just fine though, and I've had no issues with it breaking after a year of gentle use.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back