GameStop 3DS Games Under $10 Price Drop

Dead or Alive: Dimensions is actually a well-done DoA portable entry and I enjoy playing it with my best friend from time to time.

Ghost Recon is probably the best game on the list, a tactics game akin to Fire Emblem with guns. Substantial amount of content; don't let the Ghost Recon name scare you away, but also don't expect the best thing you've ever played. Definitely worth picking up at this price if this genre is your cup of tea.

Pilotwings Resort, while a few steps up from a glorified tech-demo, is a great purchase at this price and a charming and relaxing flight-sim that handles well but can be nerve-wracking trying to nail perfect runs. Can't go wrong at this price though.

Tetris Axis is a pretty mediocre entry, especially compared to the Nintendo-themed Tetris DS, but if you're a Tetris freak and need to get that fix, this is a pretty OK price, but I just picked up the newer Tetris Ultimate at $5 Five Below today, so it's really hard to recommend unless you don't have access to one of those stores.

As always, hope the opinions help.

Going to get Adventure... but on Amazon for my brother for his birthday. Going to get both AT games and the CE for one since they're both $12/each.

Everything I want isn't available. Centipede, nope. DoA, nope. Gabrielle, nope.

GS used availability has been really disappointing me lately. Le Sigh.

Going to get Adventure... but on Amazon for my brother for his birthday. Going to get both AT games and the CE for one since they're both $12/each.

Way to spend $25 on your brother and not even manage to get him a good game.

Also the BMO CE has been cheaper ($8 recently).

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have shadow wars sitting here unopened from big lots. Time to get sc3d to go with it for when I eventually get a system to play them.

Everything I want isn't available. Centipede, nope. DoA, nope. Gabrielle, nope.

GS used availability has been really disappointing me lately. Le Sigh.

Way to spend $25 on your brother and not even manage to get him a good game.

Also the BMO CE has been cheaper ($8 recently).
He loves AT and has played the other games (console and flash). Im sure he'll like these too.

Might have to track down Rabbids in Time again.  Had it back at launch, wasn't great but decent enough platformer for $5.

These are great prices especially considering a number of these titles were new converted to used, so they should be complete and in great condition.

These are great prices especially considering a number of these titles were new converted to used, so they should be complete and in great condition.
Stopped by a store here hoping to find some complete/good condition converted copies, but everything I was interested in was definitely used in generic/no cases. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up on the prices, though, OP!

He loves AT and has played the other games (console and flash). Im sure he'll like these too.
Ice King is really good (minus the low amount of voice acting). Explore the dungeon got terrible reviews by .... everyone. There is a third AT game for the 3ds (although no 3d) and I hear it's tough but really good ... nameless kingdom.

Ice King is really good (minus the low amount of voice acting). Explore the dungeon got terrible reviews by .... everyone. There is a third AT game for the 3ds (although no 3d) and I hear it's tough but really good ... nameless kingdom.
I heard the same and am still on the fence about EtD. He'll like it but might get him a different game along with ice king.

Nano Assault is excellent with the Circle Pad Pro
Unfortunately, the physical version does NOT have Circle Pad Pro support - this was only added in the eShop update/'expansion' - Nano Assault EX. And even then I was fairly disappointed by the performance of the CPP. It worked fine on the 'top-down' camera levels, but the controls just didn't feel right on the 'tunnel-style' levels. Just my opinion though.

I heard the same and am still on the fence about EtD. He'll like it but might get him a different game along with ice king.
If you have a Five Below store near you, they should [probably] have copies of Explore the Dungeon. I know they had about two dozen copies when I went into my local store yesterday.

is Shadow Wars good?

I have at least 1 copy near me.
Do you enjoy turn-based grid-tactics games like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem? Those are two of my favorite franchises, and while I wouldn't say Shadow Wars comes close to being as great or as polished of a package as either of those first party games, the gameplay in Shadow Wars is what shines enough to let you overlook the presentation, story, etc. Expecting a serious story? Don't get your hopes up. Stereotypically-named Russian antagonist trying to start world war by waging one country against another through secret attacks and terrorist acts? Nothing new here. You acquire a team of different soldiers who each are their own class - unique weapons, skills, or gimmicks that give them each a different use - your Assault Rifle toting leader, Sniper, Heavy Minigun soldier, Engineer who can set up a turret, a Scout with a special cloaking ability and silenced SMG/Knife, one or two more if I recall correctly. After each mission, you get to upgrade the soldiers you used in that mission, giving them better armor, weapons, skills, etc. There are also a LOT of missions, so there's a substantial amount of content for such a sleeper budget title.

This isn't the original video I was going to post that I watched which pushed me over the edge to get it several months ago, but it's a good review that I agree with and discusses the finer points of the gameplay very well: LINK

Bold statement. Just talking out of your ass or is there something to it?
I just hated Fire Emblem Awakening due to the fact that it casualized what made the series good. You can pair two units together and solo every chapter on normal mode, and the other difficulties have awful artifical difficulty scaling. I really didn't like the character interactions either.

Ghost Recon isn't stellar or anything but I enjoyed it much more. It's certainly worth $2.99 though.

As someone who best awalening on lunatic plus classic without anyone dying, I'll be the first to admit that the difficulty curve is kinda wack. It's entirely possible to beat even regular lunatic Classic using just a female main unit paired with chrom for most of the game. While I will agree that shadow wars has a more appealing difficulty curve, I think that story of fire emblem plus the support conversations really made the game unique and totally worthwhile. If they were the same price firr emblem would be the better game any day, but for 3 bucks shadow wars is a great buy.

I actually had a bit of luck today without running all over town.  Two closest stores yielded Nano Assault, Centipede, Pilotwings, Crush 3D, and Rabbids Travel in Time.  The last two were impulse purchases since I vaguely recall someone mentioning in here that they're decent enough at the price.

I picked up DoA And Splinter cell, want to pick up some more but didn't have them on my local shop.

Wait.. Crush is also on sale? How much is it if anyone can tell me.

I picked up DoA And Splinter cell, want to pick up some more but didn't have them on my local shop.

Wait.. Crush is also on sale? How much is it if anyone can tell me.
I don't think Crush is recently marked down like the other stuff but someone mentioned it as being worth $2.69 so I grabbed it.

I might have an extra Splinter Cell 3D from the big lots sale and Shadow Wars if people get disappointed in trying to pick them up. Will have to check. Guess it is worth a shot going by a store to see what is available. I personally want DoA and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.

I'd get some of these but my gamestop tosses the cases I think. I refuse to buy stuff that had a hard plastic case cart only. I can't understand why people would throw them away.

I'd get some of these but my gamestop tosses the cases I think. I refuse to buy stuff that had a hard plastic case cart only. I can't understand why people would throw them away.
Same. Most of my stores aound here toss the cases these days. I think the one at the mall that i never go to is the only one that doesn't. Is it policy to do that all the time now or something? I havent bought a used game at GS in ages because of it

Same. Most of my stores aound here toss the cases these days. I think the one at the mall that i never go to is the only one that doesn't. Is it policy to do that all the time now or something? I havent bought a used game at GS in ages because of it
I guess they have limited shelf space for DS/3DS games, so they do it to save shelf/storeroom space. And store policy is to destroy/toss them.

I remember when one of the local stores was cutting down their PS2 section to make room for more current gen stuff, I walked in to find a huge pile of ps2 cases and booklets on the floor behind the counter ready to be destroyed/tossed, and the employee I knew that worked there was all nonchalant about it and was just like "We can't keep everything.".

Grabbed a few for $3 a piece, cart only, but I managed to get some blank cases for them at least. I'll just print out the covers myself with a nice laser printer, pretend that manuals never existed just like current gen... and be happy. Better than paying $25 just for cover art... :)

bread's done
Back