Xenoblade Chronicles Wii back in stock at Gamestop.com (64.99/58.49 PUR)

FancyMagikarp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I know a lot of CAGs have been searching for this game, especially since XCX is eventually coming to the US. Xenoblade has been really hard to find for a decent price (if you can consider $64.99/$58.49 PUR "decent"). I've heard some good things about the n3ds version, but I'd rather not buy a $200 handheld for a port of a Wii game.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-exclusive/98535

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who have played both version, is the wii version "better" in terms of gameplay, graphics, etc.? have both consoles for the game to play on and would like to get the most out of it. 

Not to mention, the Wii version is more graphical due to better resolution...
Eh, I actually preordered the game and spent a lot of time with it on the Wii. While it's true it does have a higher resolution, it is hampered by the giant size of TV screens. For the 3DS, the small screens hide the poor resolution. You have a harder time noticing issues like aliasing, bad textures, and low polygon amounts.

These games aren't sold as New despite being new. All of Gamestop Used Game promos worked at the time. Buy 1 Get 1, 50% Off with a purchase of X, etc.
sure, there was a b2g1 on wii games at the time. It was a good time to get kirby return to dreamland, Metroid prime trilogy, and xenoblade chronicles. But if a store didn't have those games then you couldn't put the promo to max effect since those were the only expensive wii games. Stock wasn't exactly plentiful at every store. If you missed out on that, the game went right back to $60 the next day.

I am playing this game on my N3DSXL at this exact moment. I got it about a week ago and put over 40 hours into it already.

I never played it on the Wii, but I can say without question it is a visual downgrade. Textures are rather flat and bland. But overall the game is very impressive on the 3DS. The draw distance is insane IMO and the maps are HUGE (which sometimes gets annoying) which again for the 3DS to be able to handle this is really impressive.

If you really want to get the best looking game possible go with the more expensive Wii version, but if you just want to enjoy this game for the amazing gameplay and so far pretty good story then I would get it on the N3DS. Graphics aren't everything for me and being able to play it anywhere at any time is a more than fair tradeoff for me.

I played Xenoblade on the Wii for about an hour using my Wii U on my 24" Samsung monitor...the graphics while an upgrade...are not that much better. Of course this is a monitor so it'll probably look better if I actually ran the thing on a real TV but nevertheless I thought that between the 3DS version and the crazy stupid price I paid for the Wii version, I was better off sticking to the 3DS version. The controls also have less of a learning curve on the 3DS against the remote/nunchuck controls too (about the same with classic controller).

So in short this is a deal if:

- You love your Wii like muah, muah *blowing kisses*

- You can find it complete with manual and artwork (I've seen 0 from the two I've seen)

- You're obsessed with Xenoblade

- You hate this deviant's opinions on the Wii version of Xenoblade

I played Xenoblade on the Wii for about an hour using my Wii U on my 24" Samsung monitor...the graphics while an upgrade...are not that much better. Of course this is a monitor so it'll probably look better if I actually ran the thing on a real TV but nevertheless I thought that between the 3DS version and the crazy stupid price I paid for the Wii version, I was better off sticking to the 3DS version. The controls also have less of a learning curve on the 3DS against the remote/nunchuck controls too (about the same with classic controller).

So in short this is a deal if:

- You love your Wii like muah, muah *blowing kisses*
- You can find it complete with manual and artwork (I've seen 0 from the two I've seen)
- You're obsessed with Xenoblade
- You hate this deviant's opinions on the Wii version of Xenoblade
- You don't want to spend $240 on a N3DS just to play XBC
Fixed that for you.

Its OOS now.

I got this a few months ago when game stop was having b2g1 free and luckily I had one of those birthday coupons that stacked with the deal. So I ended up getting xenoblade chronicles wii for 43.19. Fire emblem radiant dawn is in stock but of course its at a rape price of 69.99

Can't someone just attack the CEO and board of directors of Gamestop already? It could even be an accident!

I don't even care if I get in trouble for this post. It'll be worth it.

I got 3 copies of this game used for under 40 each ahead of the holiday season the year it came out, kept the like new copy and sold the other two so that I effectively got the game for free, plus a small profit. Kind of wish I had held onto the extras for when the price spiked before the reprint, but I'm okay with how things turned out.

Was 40$ on black friday (Or was it 30..). I bought it thinking "Ok thats cheaper"

However.. now that its out on 3ds..(With Amiibo support) and coming back out on wiiu.. I am questioning, why does everyone still want the Wii version? Am I missing something here?

Was 40$ on black friday (Or was it 30..). I bought it thinking "Ok thats cheaper"

However.. now that its out on 3ds..(With Amiibo support) and coming back out on wiiu.. I am questioning, why does everyone still want the Wii version? Am I missing something here?
There are a handful of glitches in the 3DS version and with the screem being between 70-90% smaller than what you played on with the Wii version, I personally don't think I'll enjoy that version very much.

However.. now that its out on 3ds..(With Amiibo support) and coming back out on wiiu.. I am questioning, why does everyone still want the Wii version? Am I missing something here?
Not everyone. Don't speak for me.

Xenoblade is being released on the Wii U?

Or are you talking about Xenoblade X?

bread's done
Back