* * * * * 4 votes

PS Vita Cover Art

#31 vlt1p  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

Talked to the guy that owns this imgur album of vita scans http://imgur.com/a/t45ag/all

This is his collection now https://i.imgur.com/qjAYfPH.jpg , plans to do more scans in the future so keep an eye out for it.

#32 DealSeeker2U   Banned Banned   9374 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the tips. How do you usually crop and straighten? I ran it through photoshop/automate/crop/straighten, good enough?

MInd Zero PS Vita Box Art (First Attempt)

Spoiler

Well done! :)

Talked to the guy that owns this imgur album of vita scans http://imgur.com/a/t45ag/all

This is his collection now https://i.imgur.com/qjAYfPH.jpg , plans to do more scans in the future so keep an eye out for it.

That is awesome. Thanks for the heads up. This will come in very handy. :)

#33 SonX  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

I've always wanted a thread like this. Great idea, lets post some more guys!

Here are scans of some of the games I have. All NA Covers except for IA/VT obviously. I took them at 600 dpi.

IA/VT Colorful

Spoiler

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 + Reverse side (Never knew this cover was reversible)

Spoiler

Persona 4 Dancing All night

Spoiler

Project Diva F 2nd

Spoiler

I have a few more vita games, but i'm too lazy to scan them (Freedom wars, P4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Danganronpa 1+2) Let me know if these scans are wanted.

If anyone could post the boxart for Hyperdevotion Noire, that would be great. I picked up the game from Gamestop and it only came with a generic box and Gamestop cover.

#34 vlt1p  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

Nice! Saw someone requesting Project Diva F 2nd a couple of days ago, I couldn't find it so it looks like it was needed.

#35 WKT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:39 AM

Any luck finding Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition?

#36 caferacer  

caferacer

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

Anyone have a cover scan of Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed?

#37 TheWatchdog   Banned Banned   40 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

TheWatchdog

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

Thank for the kz cover.

#38 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Anyone have a cover scan of Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed?

i can try scanning it, but not until Monday. 

#39 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Does anyone have the Putty Squad vita cover scan?

#40 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Amazing Job Guys!

So now I need :
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

Toukiden: Kiwami

#41 Digital Devil   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Digital Devil

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

Looking for the cover art to Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z. Got the cart and box but no cover art. 

#42 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone have the Putty Squad vita cover scan?

i found a "real" copy of the art. i just need supremacy mma now.

#43 Digital Devil   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Digital Devil

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

I know it's not the best quality but hope this helps until someone posts a hi res scan of the cover. 

Supremacy MMA.PNG

#44 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

So as of the end of next week, I *should* have a complete collection of physical vita releases. That being said, I won't have cover art for every single game, but most. 

If anyone has any requests for a cover scan (Region 1 / NA) and I have it available I can scan it for you. I'm thinking of just putting together an imgur album with all of them kind of like the guy linked earlier did for EU releases. 

Would anyone be interested? 

#45 vlt1p  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

hells yes.

#46 SonX  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

I'd be interested as well. I don't have that many vita game covers that I can contribute, but it would definitely motivate me to buy more cart only ones knowing that I can print my own covers out.

Thanks for doing this!

#47 Digital Devil   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Digital Devil

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

I would definitely be interested. Hopefully someone can replace that horrible scan of Supremacy MMA that I posted. 

#48 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:49 AM

That'd be sweet.  I'm close to a full physical set as well.  I'm probably missing 25ish games (mostly lego and FIFA and a few other randoms).

#49 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I got a new laser printer and it's amazing for printing covers.  if anyone is interested I'll post the model and paper I use.  Also, what's the preferred scan quality?  I can scan some covers that people have requested here.

#50 SonX  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:31 AM

Sorry, i haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I got a new laser printer and it's amazing for printing covers.  if anyone is interested I'll post the model and paper I use.  Also, what's the preferred scan quality?  I can scan some covers that people have requested here.

300 dpi or better works. I've used glossy photo paper for one of the covers I printed, but it was definitely more rigid than retail covers. What kind of paper do you use? 

#51 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Which printer was it as I am looking for a good laser printer I heard brother is one of the best brands for it 

#52 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

300 dpi or better works. I've used glossy photo paper for one of the covers I printed, but it was definitely more rigid than retail covers. What kind of paper do you use? 

Which printer was it as I am looking for a good laser printer I heard brother is one of the best brands for it 

I'm using the Canon ImageClass MF624Cw.  Got it during a bb deal of the day for $190.  I'm not sure if it's the best possible laser printer, but my cover prints look and feel pretty close to original covers.  Not perfect, but close enough that you can only tell if you are looking very closely.

The paper I use is HP Premium Presentation Paper 120g Glossy.  I took a game cover with me to Office Depot and asked the guy there for something that matched it.  He then proceeded to open up about 15 reams of paper looking for the closest match.  This was the best that we found and it's pretty damn close.  It's a little heavier than a regular cover, but it feels right.

I've linked the legal sized paper, but at Office Depot they only had 8.5x11.  I remember it being around $10, but the legal size is significantly more expensive at $40, but I bet people can shop around.

I have a few awd games that didn't come with cases so I'm thinking of doing a video on making a few covers.

#53 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

I'm using the Canon ImageClass MF624Cw.  Got it during a bb deal of the day for $190.  I'm not sure if it's the best possible laser printer, but my cover prints look and feel pretty close to original covers.  Not perfect, but close enough that you can only tell if you are looking very closely.

The paper I use is HP Premium Presentation Paper 120g Glossy.  I took a game cover with me to Office Depot and asked the guy there for something that matched it.  He then proceeded to open up about 15 reams of paper looking for the closest match.  This was the best that we found and it's pretty damn close.  It's a little heavier than a regular cover, but it feels right.

I've linked the legal sized paper, but at Office Depot they only had 8.5x11.  I remember it being around $10, but the legal size is significantly more expensive at $40, but I bet people can shop around.

I have a few awd games that didn't come with cases so I'm thinking of doing a video on making a few covers.

Yes please?! :)

#54 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

I just purchased this same printer. How are the scanning capabilities on it? I'm going to start scanning this weekend. 

I do have about 25 games out of 150 that do not have covers, such as Madden 13 and MMA Supremacy :/

I do have a case for One Piece Unlimited World Red, but it is the only game that I have no idea where I placed the case... 

What I DO have though I will try and scan and post. 

#55 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

Can I get some feedback on this scan? Any recommendations? 

http://imgur.com/iRfbcQo

#56 Digital Devil   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Digital Devil

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

Can I get some feedback on this scan? Any recommendations? 

http://imgur.com/iRfbcQo

I think it's a great quality scan. Looks real good.

#57 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

Alright, thankeep you. I'll try and make sure the scans I make are sized correctly. I touched the coloring up on this one too, I'll do the same for others. I only plan on scanning in those that I don't see out there anywhere, but any that are already out there will be included in the imgur album.

#58 vlt1p  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

Coincidentally, I used the matte version of this paper to print my first cover (well.. the first one I'm happy with) I was looking for some brochure paper I had seen recommended before but found that cheap instead (paid about $8.) I have an inkjet printer so I think my options are a little more limited, I had tried some random glossy paper before and the ink didn't absorb very well into the paper. Anyway, at first I was worried the colors looked too dark, but once I got it on the cover it actually looks pretty decent!

-No gloss finish

-Colors probably are a bit too dark

-Paper feels thicker and coarser than original

+Looks pretty good in the case which is all I'm really looking for

7.5/10

Decent option if you're not looking to spend much on your covers.

#59 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

I used the Premium Presentation Paper that HP offers. It's about $10 for 250 sheets at Office Depot.

In other news........ I ordered a complete copy of Madden 13 even though I already own the game. I couldn't find ANYONE that had the actual box and the cover art is not up on any site I looked at. It cost me $40, but I hope to recoup most of that once I'm done scanning in the art. FOR THE CAUSE!!!! 

I also went ahead and ordered a new copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red from Gamestop's site. Should have it in about a week, and I'll scan it as well. 

I'm just messing with my scan settings a bit more to get better quality scans, then I'll start the process of scanning in all of my covers. I WONT be scanning in covers that already have a NA scan out there on the internet, but will likely add them to my imgur album. Once I get everything scanned in, I may submit all of them to thecoverproject to be posted on their site. (If they will accept it) 

Not sure yet if I will scan all of my asian english copies, as I think most people that have them probably kept their case intact. If there is a request though I'll be happy to help out. 

Oh! I also found a complete copy of MMA Supremacy on gameflip.com , so when that arrives I will get that scanned as well. (I paid $23 for it, so I got a hell of a deal) 

#60 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:12 PM

I used the Premium Presentation Paper that HP offers. It's about $10 for 250 sheets at Office Depot.

In other news........ I ordered a complete copy of Madden 13 even though I already own the game. I couldn't find ANYONE that had the actual box and the cover art is not up on any site I looked at. It cost me $40, but I hope to recoup most of that once I'm done scanning in the art. FOR THE CAUSE!!!! 

I also went ahead and ordered a new copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red from Gamestop's site. Should have it in about a week, and I'll scan it as well. 

I'm just messing with my scan settings a bit more to get better quality scans, then I'll start the process of scanning in all of my covers. I WONT be scanning in covers that already have a NA scan out there on the internet, but will likely add them to my imgur album. Once I get everything scanned in, I may submit all of them to thecoverproject to be posted on their site. (If they will accept it) 

Not sure yet if I will scan all of my asian english copies, as I think most people that have them probably kept their case intact. If there is a request though I'll be happy to help out. 

Oh! I also found a complete copy of MMA Supremacy on gameflip.com , so when that arrives I will get that scanned as well. (I paid $23 for it, so I got a hell of a deal) 

Please do!

Currently still seeking these

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

Toukiden: Kiwami

Demon Gaze

Conception II