* - - - - 4 votes

NEW PS4 Limited Edition Destiny and the Taken King PS4 Bundle

#31 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

They both take way too damn long. PS4 isn't good by any means with install times. Why can't we just play the games off the disc? Installing doesn't ease any load times and I think it's just a ploy to get us to buy bigger hard drives

At the very least, give us the option to use external drives so we can avoid using the internal and having to reinstall once Sony announces a new Limited Edition console we want...

You sure something isn't up with your console? Lol most of the time my games install in 3 mins or under, but I do agree about external storage that would be nice, or if we could just move hard drives from one ps4 to another without having to reformat

#32 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

You sure something isn't up with your console? Lol most of the time my games install in 3 mins or under, but I do agree about external storage that would be nice, or if we could just move hard drives from one ps4 to another without having to reformat

You're telling me that if you install Killzone Shadow Fall (45GB) from the time you first insert the disc to when it's 100% installed, it takes less than 3 minutes? I call BS. Maybe you can get installed enough to launch the game, but I'm doubting something like 30GB game can be ripped from Blu-Ray to Hard drive in 2 minutes

#33 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

You're telling me that if you install Killzone Shadow Fall (45GB) from the time you first insert the disc to when it's 100% installed, it takes less than 3 minutes? I call BS. Maybe you can get installed enough to launch the game, but I'm doubting something like 30GB game can be ripped from Blu-Ray to Hard drive in 2 minutes

"MOST"

And if I remember correctly it didn't take a crazy long time to install anyway,I just got it last week so it's still fresh in my mind, people are just to impatient these days,the Xbox one took forever to install a game so maybe I just don't think the ps4 takes that long cause I was coming from that lol, just happy to have switched when I did,I installed assassins creed black flag last night in a under a min...took ALOT longer on the Xbox one