Official 2015 CAG Fantasy Football Advice Thread

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
This is always one of my favorite threads on CAG each year and since nobody has started one yet I'll do the honors.  Use this thread to discuss drafting, waiver pickups during the season, and any other fantasy football related rumblings...

I'll start with a story... In a keeper league drafting next weekend and keeper selections are due this Tuesday.  I was all set to announce mine today...Jordy Nelson.  Glad I slacked off on doing so as he is likely out for the year with a torn ACL!

I'm off to my fantasy draft in a couple hours, and I think I'm going with AP with my #1 pick. Not a great year to have the #1, as it's been a difficult decision as to who to pick. Would go Bell if it weren't for the 2 games out, hard to pass on Lacy as a Packer fan, and some of the wrs are begging for me to pick them in my ppr league

Having to wait til the end of the 2nd round to pick next is going to be excruciating watching all my picks get taken...hoping a high WR still left, or may grab jimmy graham if available.

I need some advice... So Thought I drafted pretty well, focused on RB's and Receivers, but was able to get Tom Brady in the 11th round.  Need a potential QB to cover the potential suspension.  Right now my options are, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, and Garrapollo

Flacco may be the best pure QB but I don't like his week one matchup against my defensive team the Broncos.  Dalton plays the Raiders week one.  Garrapollo is interesting as I have Gronk on my team.  Bridgewater could have some upside with AP returning....  So not sure at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, forgive my ignorance, but:

The Fantasy Football  scoring thing just happens automatically? Any of my players make a score on their respective teams, that score translates over to me?

(Which would explain why I have no defensive players)

So, forgive my ignorance, but:

The Fantasy Football scoring thing just happens automatically? Any of my players make a score on their respective teams, that score translates over to me?

(Which would explain why I have no defensive players)
Yes... and it all depends on the type of scoring your league does. For instance some give 1 point per catch with receivers... so yea automatically when your guy makes a catch it adds a point... etc.

I need some advice... So Thought I drafted pretty well, focused on RB's and Receivers, but was able to get Tom Brady in the 11th round. Need a potential QB to cover the potential suspension. Right now my options are, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, and Garrapollo

Flacco may be the best pure QB but I don't like his week one matchup against my defensive team the Broncos. Dalton plays the Raiders week one. Garrapollo is interesting as I have Gronk on my team. Bridgewater could have some upside with AP returning.... So not sure at all.
Out of your guys I would say Dalton...I think the Raiders defense is pretty vulnerable this season.

M. Ryan

G. Bernard

R. Jennings

D. Thomas

M. Evans

R. Gronkowski

E. Sanders

Lions D

B. McManus

I. Crowell, E Decker, R. White, D. Woodhead, A. Williams, L. Taliaferro

Ok, so I missed my draft and this was what the computer picked for me. Who do you think I should be shopping in a trade? I feel like I have to move E. Sanders and one or both of the Giants RBs; I'm just not sure what I could get for them.

Here's what I got in no particular order 10 man league with keeper and it was PPR the last few years now its Points per first down. QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE), D, and Kicker

Gronk

M. Ryan

Bradford

Eric Decker

Jeremy Maclin

Alshon Jeffery

TJ Yeldon

Doug Martin

Alfred Morris

Latavuis Murray 

Danny Woodhead

Heath Miller

Jeff Jannis

My thoughts are I really should have grabbed one QB and stuck with Ryan who I grabbed in the 7th I think. Bradford was several rounds later.

Miller and Woodhead are filler and can be dropped. Jannis is intriguing and was my last pick I think. Probably not going to start Decker most weeks unless he starting tearing it up...

What about my RB situation? Should I always go with Murray/Marin/Yeldon (one of them will be at flex)) or should I put Morris in there? Morris was one of my keepers but he was a big disappointment last year and I got to keep him in the 9th round this year. QBs Im thinking Bradford who has been good during the pre-season paired with Maclin they both should do well

I dont usually get two players on the same team since that has not worked out in the past but a QB/WR or a QB/RB should be fine. 

I'd like to do well this year and at least make the playoffs vs last year I got 10th dead last. 2013 I made the playoffs and got 2nd

M. Ryan

G. Bernard

R. Jennings

D. Thomas

M. Evans

R. Gronkowski

E. Sanders

Lions D

B. McManus

I. Crowell, E Decker, R. White, D. Woodhead, A. Williams, L. Taliaferro

Ok, so I missed my draft and this was what the computer picked for me. Who do you think I should be shopping in a trade? I feel like I have to move E. Sanders and one or both of the Giants RBs; I'm just not sure what I could get for them.
Keep jennings, it has already said he will be the number one and should be good, Williams is looking like the third guy in rotation.

With DT on the team, you can definitely shop Sanders for another RB. What does the waivers look like, what top players are available to grab. There are some good finds with all the suspensions. For example Deangelo Williams is a great pick up while Bell is suspended.

Wow been a minute..

So I haven't done this in years. Can anyone give some suggestions to pick up in the early rounds. I have second overall pick in 1qb 3 wr 2rb league. Small 9 team league.

What's the safest round 1 pick? Everyone seems to suggest not go for a qb in round 1.

Wow been a minute..

So I haven't done this in years. Can anyone give some suggestions to pick up in the early rounds. I have second overall pick in 1qb 3 wr 2rb league. Small 9 team league.

What's the safest round 1 pick? Everyone seems to suggest not go for a qb in round 1.
Don't go QB in the first 6 rounds.... RB's and WR's are king and there are a lot less elite of those players, whereas you can get a serviceable QB later.

As far as the top of the draft, your looking at Lacy or Charles at 2. Adrian Peterson and LEveon Bell are interesting as well, but Bell is suspended, and AP is coming off not playing. So there is risk there. I went Lacy number 2 in my other draft.

Wow been a minute..

For round 1 you're looking at Eddie Lacy, Leveon Bell or Jamaal Charles mainly. If you have the chance to grab Rodgers or Luck in round 3 I'd do it otherwise you're better off waiting for a later round to get a QB.

thanks guys.. very interesting. I didnt think of waiting that late to get a qb....  and lacy, bell, charles dont scream sexy 1st round picks to me but it sounds like that might be the way to go.

thanks guys.. very interesting. I didnt think of waiting that late to get a qb.... and lacy, bell, charles dont scream sexy 1st round picks to me but it sounds like that might be the way to go.
That's the problem this year, there are no sexy picks... this year having a top pick is a curse. End of first round is the best to have.

Had this draft last night, 10 team league with standard scoring. I had 3rd pick.

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Eddie Lacy
RB: Jeremy Hill
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Brandin Cooks
TE: Jordan Cameron
FLEX: Davante Adams
DEF: NY JETS
K: Justin Tucker
BN: Rashad Jennings
BN: Michael Floyd
BN: Nelson Agholor
BN: Philip Rivers
BN: Danny Woodhead
BN: Anquan Boldin
BN: Jonas Gray

Had this draft last night, 10 team league with standard scoring. I had 3rd pick.

Great team especially if this was the third pick.

Jonas Gray was cut today

So this is actually my very first time playing. Do you submit your full lineup Thursday before game and if someone gets injured between then and Sunday you are pretty much SOL? My board rules says lock individually at scheduled game time.

So this is actually my very first time playing. Do you submit your full lineup Thursday before game and if someone gets injured between then and Sunday you are pretty much SOL? My board rules says lock individually at scheduled game time.
The Thursday deadline only counts for players playing in the Thursday night game. Basically, you can swap out players until their game starts. Once it starts, they're locked wherever you have them, whether it be in your lineup or on the bench.

Drafted tonight in a 0.5 PPR with the 2nd Pick:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: TJ Yeldon

WR: TY Hilton

WR: Julian Edelman

Flex: Sammy Watkins

DEF: Chiefs

K: Mason Crosby

Bench: Gio Bernard, Eric Decker, Davante Parker, Roy Helu, Matt Stafford, Jerick McKinnon, Reuben Randle

Scared to death of my RB depth and probably wouldn't have picked Luck in retrospect.

Should I drop anyone from my bench to pick up an RB like:

Fred Jackson, Brandon Bolden/Dion Lewis, Sproles, Reggie Bush

Drafted tonight in a 0.5 PPR with the 2nd Pick:

Bench: Gio Bernard, Eric Decker, Davante Parker, Roy Helu, Matt Stafford, Jerick McKinnon, Reuben Randle

Scared to death of my RB depth and probably wouldn't have picked Luck in retrospect.

Should I drop anyone from my bench to pick up an RB like:

Fred Jackson, Brandon Bolden/Dion Lewis, Sproles, Reggie Bush
I'd drop Roy Helu for Sproles or Bush. Helu won't give you a lot of yards and he'll probably steal a few TDs here and there but he won't give you much. At least with Sproles and Bush there is a homerun threat whenever they get the ball. Odds are, I think they'll ride the bench most of the season.

So tempted. I have Marshawn and my rb bench isn't great but it's ppr and I feel I have a really strong receiver upside bench to be in a good trade position if need be.

So should I start Alfred Morris in the place of any of these 2, T Yeldon, L. Murray? Doug Martin is starting at the Flex spot. I hope Ashlon Jeffery plays if not Im going with Decker

QB any thoughts on Bradford or Ryan? I think Bradford is going to have a great season. 

So should I start Alfred Morris in the place of any of these 2, T Yeldon, L. Murray? Doug Martin is starting at the Flex spot. I hope Ashlon Jeffery plays if not Im going with Decker

QB any thoughts on Bradford or Ryan? I think Bradford is going to have a great season.
I would go with Morris over Yeldon, only because there are some grumblings that Denard Robinson might eat into Yeldon's carries early on. I'm starting Yeldon and keeping my fingers crossed. Morris feels safer even though the matchup isn't great.

I would lean toward Ryan over Bradford this week... but you're set up to succeed since both QBs go up against the awful defenses in the NFC East and South. I'd be curious to see how much Chip Kelly runs with that stable of RBs.

Trade Morris if you can. I'm a Skins fan and Alfred isn't the same without RG3/ another dual threat QB.

Stick with the veteran Gore in a matchup I am not fond of but where Indy may try to establish the pattern for the year and run to avoid the terrifying pass rush or take a gamble on Abdullah?

I also have Charles Johnson (Min) and John Brown (Arizona) on my Bench if Mike Evans doesn't fully recover from his hamstring issue. Not sure which has the greater upside right this week. Both project equally.

Stick with the veteran Gore in a matchup I am not fond of but where Indy may try to establish the pattern for the year and run to avoid the terrifying pass rush or take a gamble on Abdullah?

I also have Charles Johnson (Min) and John Brown (Arizona) on my Bench if Mike Evans doesn't fully recover from his hamstring issue. Not sure which has the greater upside right this week. Both project equally.
Isn't Johnson the number one WR on that team? I think Brown is WR3? He has high upside though

Thanks for the advice. I had Morris last year and he didnt do crap. The only thing I like about Yeldon is he is an every down back but he is a rookie and Car is pretty tough. May just use Morris this week.

Keeper league so I kept Morris for an 8th round pick.

Just got offered a trade, what do you guys think?

Keepers PPR league (20 teams)

I give up DeAndre Hopkins, I get DeMarco Murray

My current team consists of:

WR Hopkins

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Devin Funchess

WR Kamar Aiken

WR Jeff Janis

WR Kelvin Benjamin (stashed for next year)

RB Adrian Peterson

RB Doug Martin

RB Jerick McKinnon

RB Karlos Williams

RB Josh Robinson

Hell no. There is no way Murray comes close to the season he had last year. Plus he will at some point wind up sharing carries. Not to mention the workload he had last year and the weaker line to work with.

Hopkins will probably wind up as damn close to a fantasy wr1 easy. He did well even with the shitty Qbs last year.

Just got offered a trade, what do you guys think?

Keepers PPR league (20 teams)

I give up DeAndre Hopkins, I get DeMarco Murray

My current team consists of:

WR Hopkins

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Devin Funchess

WR Kamar Aiken

WR Jeff Janis

WR Kelvin Benjamin (stashed for next year)

RB Adrian Peterson

RB Doug Martin

RB Jerick McKinnon

RB Karlos Williams

RB Josh Robinson
Yea you don't need RB's on your team, I mean AP and Martin are good, maybe trade for a different running back because Demarco isn't worth that.

Is it viable to have both E. Sanders and D. Thomas as the starting WRs? I hate starting two WRs from the same team. Should I take out Sanders for E. Decker/R. White? With M. Evans being questionable, I've put him on the bench and moved I. Crowell to the flex position.

bread's done
Back