Perfect Dark Zero

Shadow Complex

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Zuma

The list also had Gears of War, Shadow Complex, and something else but they aren't on the list anymore.

Here is the current master list (available here):

A Kingdom for Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Gears of War

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

N+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Shadow Complex

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Zuma

The list also had Gears of War, Shadow Complex, and something else but they aren't on the list anymore.
Thanks chnandler_Bong and Mass effect 1 can be played on the Xbox one

Last edited:
Here's a list of all rumored games involving backwards compatibility.

Alan Wake

Assassin’s Creed

Assassin’s Creed II

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed III

Assassin’s Creed Liberation: HD

Assassins Creed Revelations

Battlestations: Pacific

Bayonetta

Beyond Good & Evil

BioShock

BioShock Infinite

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway

Burnout Paradise

Call of Juarez

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Call of Juarez: Bound By Blood

Cars

Child of Eden

Civilization Revolution

Clash of Heroes HD

Crysis 3

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Dead Space

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Driver: San Francisco

Dynasty Warriors 8

Endwar

Fable 2

Fable 3

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Forza Horizon

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Gears of War: Judgement

Geometry Wars Evolved

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare 2

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo Anniversary

Halo Wars

Halo: O.D.S.T

Halo: Reach

HAWX

I Am Alive

Just Cause 2

Killer is Dead

Madden NFL 16

Monster High: New Ghoul in School

Ms. Pac-Man

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Ninja Gaiden 3

Pac-Man CEDX

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Prototype

Prototype 2

Rainbow Six Vegas

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Rayman Legends

Rayman Origins

Risen

Risen 2

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Sacred 3

Saints Row

Saints Row The Third

Shadowrun

Shoot Many Robots

Small Arms

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur IV

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Toy Story 3

Trials Evolution

Trials HD

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Worms 2: Armageddon

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, FYI, all future :360: GwG free games will be BC.  I just "bought" Dirt 3 and it isn't BC yet, but it should be by 11/12.

Games with Gold Doubles in November with Xbox One Backward Compatibility4
Starting in November, all future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One, giving you double the free games to play each month—two for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360. With Xbox One Backward Compatibility, play multiplayer with your friends no matter which console they’re on and enjoy Xbox 360 games with the advanced features of your Xbox One, including Game DVR, Screenshots, and in-home streaming to Windows 10.

I have been itching to play Dark Souls again for some reason and do not want to hook up my old systems so I hope that is available for us in a couple weeks! I suppose I do have the PC version too but I just feel like lounging playing it on my X1 hah

I am going to have to upgrade my external drive if this list does grow as big as they are promoting it to; my 2tb is already almost full! eek

I have been itching to play Dark Souls again for some reason and do not want to hook up my old systems so I hope that is available for us in a couple weeks! I suppose I do have the PC version too but I just feel like lounging playing it on my X1 hah

I am going to have to upgrade my external drive if this list does grow as big as they are promoting it to; my 2tb is already almost full! eek
The BC games have been roughly in the 6-8 GB range (or less), so they shouldn't fill up your USB HDD that fast.

I am really hoping they add the 360 Exclusive JRPGS like Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon to the list. I don't own a 360 but my GF does and she has those two games which I would like to play.

Time for a 4TB or 6TB, then.

Can someone answer a question for me?  I'm not in the preview program, but I know that you have to insert (for example) Mass Effect into you x1 and it will begin downloading the game.  Does that game play from the hard drive, or the disk you put in?  Do you have to insert the disc everytime you want to play, even though you've downloaded it?

This is only if you don't own the Games on Demand version of the game. For example, I had Mass Effect on disk, so I put it in the drive and started downloading the game. Later, I bought the game from the Xbox store. After that, since I owned the game digitally I didn't need to put the disk in to play it.

I hope they add a ton of games to the BC list. Because there's still a lot of 360 games I've yet to play. If not, I'll just keep my 360 hooked up for when I want to play games from the past. 

Will pick up Hexic HD, Lumines Live, Pacman CE and Shadow Complex again. Yeah, bunch of arcade titles but I did have like 200 of them on 360.

I played the shit out of Dirt 3 already, played all its DLC too. Same goes for Mass Effect and Fable II but I'm glad they're on the list too.

Will pick up Hexic HD, Lumines Live, Pacman CE and Shadow Complex again. Yeah, bunch of arcade titles but I did have like 200 of them on 360.

I played the shit out of Dirt 3 already, played all its DLC too. Same goes for Mass Effect and Fable II but I'm glad they're on the list too.
Yeah but dlc will not work because of no online for 360 games

Well the full launch list of Backwards Compatible games is kind of a letdown.... a bunch of random old games and small arcade titles.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-backwards-compatible-list/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grfb

My main wishlist was Dark Souls or at least then Red Dead Redemption. Nothing really to look forward to here that isn't already available from the preview program updates. : /
Will we be able to download and play DLC for these games? They said they are bringing all three Bioshocks, which is great because id love to play Minervas Den again on Bioshock 2. I was hoping for GTA IV so i could replay The Lost and Damned DLC. They said Skate 3, ugh... why couldnt it be Skate 2? I loved Skate 2 and felt like Skate 3 wasnt as good. Plus Skate 2 had a lot of good DLC that i bought. PS Black Ops 1 is better than Black Ops 2, so its nice to see them bringing the first one back for sure.

Something else of note:

The good news is this is just the first round of backwards compatible games being added to the Xbox One, and the December update will add several top requested titles. Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, and Skate 3 are all slated for the next update.

Will we be able to download and play DLC for these games? They said they are bringing all three Bioshocks, which is great because id love to play Minervas Den again on Bioshock 2. I was hoping for GTA IV so i could replay The Lost and Damned DLC. They said Skate 3, ugh... why couldnt it be Skate 2? I loved Skate 2 and felt like Skate 3 wasnt as good. Plus Skate 2 had a lot of good DLC that i bought. PS Black Ops 1 is better than Black Ops 2, so its nice to see them bringing the first one back for sure.
Yes.

Yeah I have a handful of titles on the newly announced BD list and I do not see any new titles ready to install (yes I am a preview member). I assumed the full launch of these would be on the 12th with the full update to everyone.

Looks like Gears of war 1,2,3,3.5 will be e-mailed each of them will have there own codes

Anyone been able to get Fallout 3 going on the X1???

Thought the update woulda unlocked access, but still don't have the Ready to Install option.

Anyone been able to get Fallout 3 going on the X1???

Thought the update woulda unlocked access, but still don't have the Ready to Install option.
I downloaded it. Haven't tried to run it yet. Also got the DLC for it installed. Should be working for everyone by now.

This is a pretty lackluster first wave, I'm hoping they add some more noteworthy stuff sooner than later. I know Paradise was on that fake leaked list, that sure would be nice (as long as it ran well).

Anyone tried Shadow Complex lately? Does it still run like crap compared to the 360 version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked my xbox one today to find these in my games list...

Assassins Creed 2

Battleblock Theater

Borderlands

Castle Crashers

Defense Grid

Gears of War

Golden Axe

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Pac-Man CE

Super Meatboy

Thats without putting in any disc based games.

Checked my xbox one today to find these in my games list...

Assassins Creed 2
Battleblock Theater
Borderlands
Castle Crashers
Defense Grid
Gears of War
Golden Axe
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Pac-Man CE
Super Meatboy

Thats without putting in any disc based games.
Yeah XBLA & GwG games.

I downloaded it. Haven't tried to run it yet. Also got the DLC for it installed. Should be working for everyone by now.
Yeah, got it going last night.

So far, no problems. But I'm waaay early in the game. Made it out of the vault and said hi to the elementary school students ;) .

Also happened to get Mass Effect going for a bit. Boy, that's still choppy for me.

I have a decent bit of those games, namely Sonic CD, Phantom Breaker:  Bacttleground(fucking outstanding), Beyond Good and Evil HD, Mirror's Edge, etc.

Oh for those waiting on Capcom games don't hold your breath.  I think it will be a while given the PS3 Capcom titles they have on PS Now currently though I would love "Dead Rising 2" as an option the best we can hope for is "Dead Rising:  Case Zero" currently I believe.

Games I would like to see:

"Lost Odyssey"

"Blue Dragon"

"Infinite Undiscovery"

"Project Sylpheed"

"Oblivion" or "Skyrim"

"Culdcept Saga"

"Project Gotham Racing 3 or 4"

Indie games for bc as well.

Games that would be smart to release:

"Tales Of Vesperia"

"Operation Darkness"

"Battlefield 3"

"Every Party"

"Ninety Nine Nights"

"Virtual Fighter 5:  Final Showdown"

"Afterburner Climax"(yes I know it's delisted but I and many others here OWN it)

"Armored Core 5:  For Answer" or any Armored Core

"Tomb Raider:  Underworld"(should've been a bc code like Fallout 3 with "Rise Of Tomb Raider")

"Eternal Sonata"

"Crackdown"(I know a third one is coming but the gameplay could end up crap like #2)

"Dragon's Dogma:  Dark Arisen"

"Dragon's Age Origins"

"Kengo 9" or "Age Of Samurai 3"

I think I gave a fairly broad list for the ilatter list which I think probably has one or two titles in there to please you.  I would have suggested "Call Of Duty 2" but I think someone would've thrown the book at me.

Frankly if they could finagle it to work with BC on the current Kinect I would recommend "Rise Of Nightmares" and "Dance Masters".

Sucks you can't just insert the disc once and never have to again as it would be nice to sell some of these games. I still have my 360 in the meantime but a nice chunk of change could have been made if they did it like that and eventually made every game I have BC as then I could also get rid of the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back