Anyone Else Get Banned from Bestbuy.com?

stringycupps1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I received this email from Best Buy today:

Dear X,

Thank you for your order.  We apologize for any inconvenience the cancellation may have caused.  Unfortunately, we will be unable to process your orders on Bestbuy.com.  Please visit a Best Buy location in the future.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies.

Sincerely-

BestBuy.com Verification Team

I hardly ever make returns.  I've placed many orders over the past year and returned two things for being defective.  One was a $10 blu-ray last January and the other was a $40 video game last April.

My account is still active and I'm able to make purchases in store with GCU.  Just cannot place an order online.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I received this email from Best Buy today:

Dear X,

Thank you for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience the cancellation may have caused. Unfortunately, we will be unable to process your orders on Bestbuy.com. Please visit a Best Buy location in the future.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies.

Sincerely-

BestBuy.com Verification Team

I hardly ever make returns. I've placed many orders over the past year and returned two things for being defective. One was a $10 blu-ray last January and the other was a $40 video game last April.

My account is still active and I'm able to make purchases in store with GCU. Just cannot place an order online.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
did you allow others to use your account (ship games to different addresses)

OP,

I recently had something similar happen.

I have a bestbuy.com account with a best buy RZ credit card and GCU subscription (it's also elite plus). My billing and shipping address are the same. (address "A") 

My girlfriend has a bestbuy.com account with a best buy RZ credit card and GCU subscription. Her billing address and shipping address match but are different from mine (i.e. address "B")

I almost exclusively order from my account and have stuff shipped to my address (address "A"). I haven't ever gone over quantity limits on an item by placing multiple orders.

I did however order a Pip-boy edition (PS4) on both my account and her account and shipped to their respective addresses (I did not overlap billing/shipping information). I did the same with the MGS V CE as those are franchises I am really into and I wanted a sealed copy of both games.

With the MGS V CE Best Buy didn't send me a code for the CE content (manufacturer didn't pack the codes in the box). I had the contact the BB forums on both accounts and I did so from the same computer so I'm guessing maybe they tracked the IP address?

I haven't bothered contacting customer support because I know they are useless and will just repeat verbatim what you were told. I"m hoping at some point the ban will fall off but if not I've heard opening a new .com account will work.

It's just a little ridiculous to me because in the past I've ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, sometimes to resell, and in the past year I've done very little business with Best Buy and they flagged my account over something small.

OP,

I recently had something similar happen.

I have a bestbuy.com account with a best buy RZ credit card and GCU subscription (it's also elite plus). My billing and shipping address are the same. (address "A")

My girlfriend has a bestbuy.com account with a best buy RZ credit card and GCU subscription. Her billing address and shipping address match but are different from mine (i.e. address "B")

I almost exclusively order from my account and have stuff shipped to my address (address "A"). I haven't ever gone over quantity limits on an item by placing multiple orders.

I did however order a Pip-boy edition (PS4) on both my account and her account and shipped to their respective addresses (I did not overlap billing/shipping information). I did the same with the MGS V CE as those are franchises I am really into and I wanted a sealed copy of both games.

With the MGS V CE Best Buy didn't send me a code for the CE content (manufacturer didn't pack the codes in the box). I had the contact the BB forums on both accounts and I did so from the same computer so I'm guessing maybe they tracked the IP address?

I haven't bothered contacting customer support because I know they are useless and will just repeat verbatim what you were told. I"m hoping at some point the ban will fall off but if not I've heard opening a new .com account will work.

It's just a little ridiculous to me because in the past I've ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, sometimes to resell, and in the past year I've done very little business with Best Buy and they flagged my account over something small.
Did they say you were banned for ordering the MG V? I pre-ordered one, then purchased another one later. That was back in September. My account had no problems until sometime between 12/20 and 12/31.

Did they say you were banned for ordering the MG V? I pre-ordered one, then purchased another one later. That was back in September. My account had no problems until sometime between 12/20 and 12/31.
No, they will never tell you why. That is one thing I know. You'll just get some version of "There is nothing we can do, you are no able to order on BestBuy.com but feel free to make purchases in-store".

I'm only speculating; my ban came after a three or four month period where I had absolutely no online activity accept three or four preorders. The ban happened sometime in mid October a few weeks before FO4 released.

My only guess is that I did something that triggered a review and they were able to link my account and my girlfriend's account by IP. Since I never return anything (honestly, never), almost never do retroactive PM's/price adjustments (unless it's $15 or more) I'm guessing that the only way I could have come onto their radar was contacting them through the unboxed best buy forums which I did to get the MGS V code and I had to do it to get the UV preorder code for preordering the Mad Max Blu-ray.

It couldn't have been for quantity limits, at least not in 2015, but they may have taken a look at years past, or perhaps they assumed I had complete control of my girlfriends account.

Either way I'm not stressing it since I didn't lose my RZ certificates and can still use my GCU discount in-store.

No, they will never tell you why. That is one thing I know. You'll just get some version of "There is nothing we can do, you are no able to order on BestBuy.com but feel free to make purchases in-store".

I'm only speculating; my ban came after a three or four month period where I had absolutely no online activity accept three or four preorders. The ban happened sometime in mid October a few weeks before FO4 released.

My only guess is that I did something that triggered a review and they were able to link my account and my girlfriend's account by IP. Since I never return anything (honestly, never), almost never do retroactive PM's/price adjustments (unless it's $15 or more) I'm guessing that the only way I could have come onto their radar was contacting them through the unboxed best buy forums which I did to get the MGS V code and I had to do it to get the UV preorder code for preordering the Mad Max Blu-ray.

It couldn't have been for quantity limits, at least not in 2015, but they may have taken a look at years past, or perhaps they assumed I had complete control of my girlfriends account.

Either way I'm not stressing it since I didn't lose my RZ certificates and can still use my GCU discount in-store.
Most of my purchases happened online so I'm pretty peeved. My GCU membership is essentially useless now. Can't even do in store pick up.

how do the TRE bans work etc?  I plan on returning about 8 items (maybe do 2 trips to 2 separate stores) bought with 2 different accounts.  I heard TRE tracks the state ID when returning so maybe I can get my friend to show ID during one of the returns as I have to meet him.

bread's done
Back