* * * * - 1 votes

Hori Fighting Commander 4 Controller PS3/PS4 $29.97 @ Gamestop

Hori Street Fighter Fighting Controller Ganmestop

#31 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

I had to pick one up. Thanks OP, btw those 29.99 Zelda Link statues are oversrocked at my GS. I almost caved and got one, but I was strong enough to resist "this time"...

#32 Jay   Free and Fearless CAGiversary!   1619 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

You just saved me $30. Made me remember that I had a MC SF4 pad in the closet. Plugged it in and it seems to work perfectly.

No problem man i feel madcatz are always trying to rip consumers off with thier ovepriced pads and sticks.

#33 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:59 AM

Controller is amazing, works great on the PC.

#34 Perromalvado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Perromalvado

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:00 AM

29.97 at Amazon just find it under other sellers since they seem to have another seller in the main page.

#35 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

I think I'm gonna get this. Was tempted to go for a new SFV fightstick instead, but this is a lot easier on the wallet, less guilt-inducing.

#36 woozie2  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

Just picked one up today @ GameStop. I bought the FC3 Pro a few years ago, but the d-pad on that one broke after i dropped it one too many times. The FC4 is almost exactly the same thing, just with PS4 functionality included.

One important difference I'm seeing, unless I'm mistaken, is that the toggle functionality now makes the original L shoulders into L3 and R3. The R1 and R2 on the face still become L1 and L2, so it's still possible to move all the buttons for your right hand. Unfortunately it means the physical L shoulders are useless in this mode unless the game lets you register L3/R3 as inputs. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

#37 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

I bought this one today and I'll be getting the Madcatz as well.  Want to see which one is better but I hope some day, someone just makes a freaking regular 6 button controller like the Saturn.  Don't understand all this one side being longer than the other, giant buttons, and etc.  Just make a regular freaking 6 button controller, geez.  I still have my PS2 Saturn pad that I use on my PS3, sadly it doesn't work on a PS4 with the adapter.  I have the MK 6 button controller too but that one is built like crap.  Other than that, looking forward to using these two pads. 

Years ago there was an official Sega Saturn USB pad for PC, and it also worked for the PS3. Looking on Ebay, they offer tons of knock offs, but the official ones seem to be rather high in price, but worth looking around for one at a decent price if needed. It was a kick ass pad, no doubt.

EDIT: The Capcom Fighting Soldier for the SNES was another great six button pad that was designed by the makers for Street Fighter specifically.

#38 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5876 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

The ones on eBay weren't official either despite looking authentic. The real ones were only produced in limited quantities but there were dozens of sellers that had hundreds of units. They all disappeared overnight, which means someone provided proof of copyright infringement and had them taken down.

#39 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

Wish I could find one of these locally so I could use a PowerUp Rewards cert. Ah well.

#40 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

The ones on eBay weren't official either despite looking authentic. The real ones were only produced in limited quantities but there were dozens of sellers that had hundreds of units. They all disappeared overnight, which means someone provided proof of copyright infringement and had them taken down.

I bought mine so long ago, I don't remember where I got it, it was either Play-Asia, or Ebay I'm sure. If it is an "unofficial" one, it's damn good, as it looks, feels, and plays just as well as any of the Saturn Pads I've owned in the past.

#41 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Amazon link @ $29.97, though temporarily out of stock:

http://smile.amazon....4/dp/B00TKLFES8

#42 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

Still seeing a couple around here locally, but they are definitely moving at this price. I don't think the price will go lower at Gamestop. Maybe Amazon later down the road. I only got one but I'm considering going back for a second one so the couch co-op is fair to my SF playing buddies.

#43 gwolf07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

This was a good use of the $5 Amazon credit from awhile ago.

#44 ElGil050   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ElGil050

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

Does it work on pstv?

#45 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

Another good 6 button layout pad is the Fight Pad by PDP. They can still be gotten rather cheap, and for me personally, it was one of the best pads I ever used due to the "micro-switch" design.

A lot of the negative reviews come from quality control issues, but the one I had for the 360 worked great.

#46 XenoNinjaX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

XenoNinjaX

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

Saturn pad is the best for 2d fighters due to circular d-pad design. I hate + design.

#47 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11587 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Ended up grabbing one since I got a ton of GS credit today, if I don't like it I'll just make up an excuse to return it.

#48 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

Saturn pad is the best for 2d fighters due to circular d-pad design. I hate + design.

Thanks to the circular D-Pad I've been rocking my Mad Catz SFIV Fightpad for years. Surprisingly good, considering it came bundled with my copy of SFIV.

#49 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

Thanks to the circular D-Pad I've been rocking my Mad Catz SFIV Fightpad for years. Surprisingly good, considering it came bundled with my copy of SFIV.

I really like those pads. I hold the right side more like a traditional arcade setup, with my index, middle and ring finger all on the face buttons at once. Took a little while to get used to, but once I got the hang of it I couldn't imagine going back to a regular controller.

#50 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

I bought this one today and I'll be getting the Madcatz as well.  Want to see which one is better but I hope some day, someone just makes a freaking regular 6 button controller like the Saturn.  Don't understand all this one side being longer than the other, giant buttons, and etc.  Just make a regular freaking 6 button controller, geez.  I still have my PS2 Saturn pad that I use on my PS3, sadly it doesn't work on a PS4 with the adapter.  I have the MK 6 button controller too but that one is built like crap.  Other than that, looking forward to using these two pads. 

Actually it looks like Hori did release a Fighting Commander fightpad last month with a better design:

41docm-ca5l._sl1500_.jpg

Sounds like it was released in Japan only for now, but Play-Asia is selling them for $29.99 and it says PC/PS3/PS4 on the description.  Of course the cheapest shipping option is like $8-9 I think, but I like this design more so I may end up ordering this instead (unless of course it somehow doesn't work on American PS3's and PS4's).

#51 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11587 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:27 AM

Doesnt look like that one has the twisty Dpad, if thats something anyone was buying this for

#52 ctrek3   for pony CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:18 AM

Actually it looks like Hori did release a Fighting Commander fightpad last month with a better design:

41docm-ca5l._sl1500_.jpg

Sounds like it was released in Japan only for now, but Play-Asia is selling them for $29.99 and it says PC/PS3/PS4 on the description.  Of course the cheapest shipping option is like $8-9 I think, but I like this design more so I may end up ordering this instead (unless of course it somehow doesn't work on American PS3's and PS4's).

If the dpad is good, this looks like it would make a great pc controller for older games

#53 BobbySteel   Stainless CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BobbySteel

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Does it work on pstv?

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B00TKLFES8

Sorry

#54 cagman2013   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

cagman2013

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

I can't wait to use these puppies with my PS3 on REBUG 4.76.1 with Final Burn Alpha!

RdYcHFE.png

Art of Fighting 3

MAH MAN!

#55 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:50 AM

Do they make one for the Xbox consoles besides the flawed Mortal Kombat one? I need one with 6 face buttons for Killer Instinct. In for one for the Sony consoles though. Thanks OP.

#56 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

People seem to say this is pretty good for games like street fighter, is it any good for 3d fighters like dead or alive?

#57 woozie2  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Do they make one for the Xbox consoles besides the flawed Mortal Kombat one? I need one with 6 face buttons for Killer Instinct. In for one for the Sony consoles though. Thanks OP.

Nope the Hori FC pads are Sony exclusive.

People seem to say this is pretty good for games like street fighter, is it any good for 3d fighters like dead or alive?

If you like using the d-pad instead of the analog stick to play fighting games, then this should be fine assuming you don't mind having two additional face buttons. DOA doesn't really need six face buttons, it's really up to you if you don't like the standard PS3/4 or Xbox 360/One controllers.

#58 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:15 AM

Nope the Hori FC pads are Sony exclusive.

Thanks. MS sucks this gen. They have nothing, not even controllers. Guess I have to wait for them to get KI on PC in order to use my various 360 controllers and PS3/PS4 pads.

#59 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11587 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

I ended up returning mine. The D-Pad had some weird resistance when I pushed the top and right buttons, which was annoying. And also whenever I rotated the D-Pad it literally required you to basically mash the button down full force for it to register, which was of course unplayable for any fighting game.

I'll probably end up getting one of the new SFV ones if the reviews are good

#60 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:26 AM

I own one and I will say it's great for 2D fighters but not 3D. And it works quite well on PS3 as well as PS4. I have personally tested it on Darkstakers Resurrection, Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition and Chaos Code on PS3 along with the PS2 version of Capcom vs SNK 2 from PSN. It only made Dead or Alive 2 more cumbersome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hori, Street Fighter, Fighting, Controller, Ganmestop