* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#30871 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:12 AM

It's shocking that they haven't made P3/P4 HD re-releases considering all the assets they have from P5 and the dancing spinoffs.

I didn't even think of that part so yeah they could save quite a bit since all but the actual town itself has been done.  Though I'm not sure p4 would be doable compared to 3 since inaba is the boonies while iwantodie is a large city.

#30872 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

Just to be clear, I'm not referring to the track that scales up from instrumental to vocals on the final day.  That is a nice touch.  It's the looping song you're forced to listen to while completing the first 3 floors.

Yeah, Whims of Fate, right? (https://www.youtube....h?v=Aj7ecVrNdPU) Being the only vocal palace track I can see how it might be disliked by some

I wonder, is Persona 6 is in the works???  Man Persona 5 is sooo good.  I hope that they're working on making a new one immediately instead of waiting nine years like in-between 4 and 5 again. 

Like many people, I've been thinking of a  potential P3 remaster.  But then I came to the conclusion that it would make little sense.  Because if they remastered P3 on the same level as P5 then you might as well just make an entirely new game instead. 

P5R is cool.  It's good that Atlus can cash in on some spinoffs.  But I don't want them to keep riding this wave of remakes and handheld side stories.  I hope the next one will come out soon.   It has already been three years already since P5 released.  So I am hoping to get a new game on PS5 in a year or two. 

I'm sure they probably have started thinking about it now that P5R is done, but with their typical dev time (not just on Persona), I think we should just hope it comes out this coming generation (p5/xsx) at all

However, P5 Scramble continues the P5 story and while it's not done by Atlas, they are publishing it and should have had a hand in the development. A western release hasn't been announced, but it's still possible to come out this year (though that's less likely I'd imagine with everything going on) or I'd imagine definitely next year.

It is surprising though that they haven't made a port of P3 & P4 to current gen systems. I'd imagine people would be just fine with a remaster and don't need a remake to buy it. You'd think they would just contract a 3rd party to do it like so many other companies, but maybe they don't trust anyone else to do it?

#30873 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4943 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:56 AM

I’m still waiting on Project Re:Fantasy

#30874 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:14 PM

I’m still waiting on Project Re:Fantasy

That was the name of it. I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called. I'd love a P3 & P4 remaster but not going to hold my breath on them at this point. I only hope the bombs that were dancing all night don't cause them to back out of P5 Scramble. Yeah, they did that survey the other month but you'd figure they would have wanted to cash in on the P5R hype as quickly as possible. 

#30875 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20078 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

https://www.gematsu....tric-publishers

Major showcase coming from Japanese publishers like SEGA, Atlus, NIS, and Spike Chunsoft

#30876 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37578 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

https://www.gematsu....tric-publishers

Major showcase coming from Japanese publishers like SEGA, Atlus, NIS, and Spike Chunsoft

After Persona 5 Royal's "record sales", I suspect we may get a localization announcement for P5 Scramble.

https://www.pushsqua..._west_says_sega

#30877 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:47 AM

The Koei Tecmo (Developer, Atlus published) financial release earlier this month had a line on their earnings report saying there would be further sales when the overseas version of Persona 5 Scramble launches. It's just a matter of when.

#30878 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

So Moero Crystal, finally.

https://www.eastasia...nintendo-switch

#30879 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9877 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

So Moero Crystal, finally.

https://www.eastasia...nintendo-switch

My day has come and so have I! Jokes aside the first game is very OK, so I'm sure I'll get this.

#30880 elessar123  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

I imported the JP Vita version but never played it. Then again, I haven't played a dungeon crawler since EO:N, which I didn't actually finish.

#30881 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9877 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:03 AM

Denpasoft/Sekai Project are having a sale on their games. This lasts until until May 25th, 10am PST. This does include new releases Victory Project and Fallen Maidens ~jalouse~ Shiori's Story, which are on Denpasoft.  Machina of the Planet Tree -Unity Unions- is also on sale for 13 more hours on Steam.

There is a Denpasoft 10% off code of StayInside. This applies to most digital products and games older than Mahou Arms.

#30882 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

Finally finished the fear the deer route for fire emblem three houses. It was meh. A lot of stuff felt like it was pulled out of nowhere. Rhea is a horrible person. The only thing that comes out of it is how the slithering organization is possibly defeated in the other route.

#30883 elessar123  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Did you play the other routes? By accident, I chose the true route first playthrough, and a lot of things didn't make sense, or weren't explained. Went through all three schools.

#30884 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   840 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:45 PM

Finally finished the fear the deer route for fire emblem three houses. It was meh. A lot of stuff felt like it was pulled out of nowhere. Rhea is a horrible person. The only thing that comes out of it is how the slithering organization is possibly defeated in the other route.

I went Blue Lion route, which has a lot of character “development”, but the story doesn’t ever answer any questions, and they just kind of end the war without any resolution. You have to play all four routes to really get a full grasp on the story apparently, though I couldn’t stick with it.

#30885 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:11 PM

The route splitting is pretty poorly done in three houses. Doesn’t merit playing all the routes story wise, and gameplay wise they are all 70% the same anyway. Replaying with different characters and difficulties is the only point.

#30886 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

I went Blue Lion route, which has a lot of character “development”, but the story doesn’t ever answer any questions, and they just kind of end the war without any resolution. You have to play all four routes to really get a full grasp on the story apparently, though I couldn’t stick with it.

Somewhat true. The stories are drastically different in each route. Some characters are plain dead after the route split dying off screen. Some characters are completely different like demitri to the point where the eagles route has him not batshit and without the eyepatch. But they piece meal important bits in the other routes. Not counting paralogues on top of that.

#30887 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

The route splitting is pretty poorly done in three houses. Doesn’t merit playing all the routes story wise, and gameplay wise they are all 70% the same anyway. Replaying with different characters and difficulties is the only point.

Yeah they did a horrible job. The saddest part is that they have eagles and church that can be done from the same playthrough but the other two require full new playthroughs. And since the game is copy pasted no matter what route until the actual split I found that incredibly stupid. Same for picking a house before getting to use any of them.

Blazing blade and sacred stones did it better. Hell if fates hadn't been a cash grab I would say it did it decent as well.

#30888 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

https://www.xseedgam...gawa-jet-girls/

Kandagawa Jet Girls has a western PC/PS4 release. It's the Jet Ski game with character designs by hentai artist Hanaharu Naruko.

#30889 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

I ordered Our World is Ended Day 1 Edition (PS4) from Amazon when it hit $15.91.  They mailed it in a plain plastic bag (no padding).  Amazingly the game arrived with no damage to the box.

#30890 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

https://www.strictly...kawase-bazooka/

Umihara Kawase Bazooka has a limited steelbook edition. Looks to be 59.99 Euro plus 9.99 Euro shipping worldwide for the biggest bundle.

#30891 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   840 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

Yeah they did a horrible job. The saddest part is that they have eagles and church that can be done from the same playthrough but the other two require full new playthroughs. And since the game is copy pasted no matter what route until the actual split I found that incredibly stupid. Same for picking a house before getting to use any of them.

Blazing blade and sacred stones did it better. Hell if fates hadn't been a cash grab I would say it did it decent as well.

It would have made way more sense to choose a class to teach based on knowing practically nothing, followed by a mid game decision on who you support in the war, based on what you learned or did, or even just a free choice.

#30892 nagpo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

https://www.strictly...kawase-bazooka/

Umihara Kawase Bazooka has a limited steelbook edition. Looks to be 59.99 Euro plus 9.99 Euro shipping worldwide for the biggest bundle.

I've recently become a fan of the kawase series and I have to say, I wish this wasn't a smash clone

#30893 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

It would have made way more sense to choose a class to teach based on knowing practically nothing, followed by a mid game decision on who you support in the war, based on what you learned or did, or even just a free choice.

Or just have you teaching all the kids and then pick a side so you get to use all units.  Not like you don't get to use 99% of them anway.  as there's maybe 10 of them total that are exclusive to whatever routes.

#30894 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Wow, I'm late, but I never thought I'd hear (read) that someone *hated* "Whims of Fate" on the P5 soundtrack. I thought it was *clearly* the *best* song on the soundtrack. This is truly a case of 'to each his/her own.'

As for P5R, I'm just before the Hawaii trap and already nearly a 100 hours in.  You'd think I never played P5 vanilla the way I'm tooling around in there. 

And the extra Mementos tracks was the single best thing they could have done. I was so happy to hear the new tracks.

#30895 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:15 PM

Idk if any of y’all follow the CE thread but a few of us have been able to Snag EU Xenoblade CEs shipped directly to the USA at amazon UK. Even though it says “doesn’t ship to us” It still let us checkout with a US Address, just have to monitor for when it comes back in stock and if it tries to make you change address keep trying

#30896 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

Wow, I'm late, but I never thought I'd hear (read) that someone *hated* "Whims of Fate" on the P5 soundtrack. I thought it was *clearly* the *best* song on the soundtrack. This is truly a case of 'to each his/her own.'

As for P5R, I'm just before the Hawaii trap and already nearly a 100 hours in.  You'd think I never played P5 vanilla the way I'm tooling around in there. 

And the extra Mementos tracks was the single best thing they could have done. I was so happy to hear the new tracks.

Haha i agree with everything you wrote. I'm also the day before the Hawaii trip, and am at over 80 hours. I feel like I played through he original way faster than that. Perhaps the additional free times at night time really added up