* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#31171 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:35 PM

does anyone have any familiarity with Dark Horse's artbook quality?

I'm not really an artbook collector, but my FE:Awakening hardcover by Dark Horse is really nice.

The only other book I remember buying during the recent gen is the giant botw deluxe piggyback guide. 

#31172 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

I was planning on skipping this one but noticed several used titles that weren't instock last time during the similar <29.99 sale. Ordered:
$9 :ps4: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
$9 :ps4: Tetris Effect
$9 :xb1: Code Vein
$9 :switch: Katamari Damacy Reroll
$6.50 :switch: Travis Strikes Again - No More Heroes

son of a if I had seen tetris effect I would have gotten that ;_;

#31173 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:14 AM

Funny story now, though at the time, was fairly angry story.

I went out to get my package earlier, and I noticed that the package was in a plastic bag for some reason. I've never seen a package shipped with a plastic bag on the outside loose like that, sometimes seen it wrapped around tightly outside of the package, but not just loose.

As I got closer, the box looked wet all over. The postman told me a box of hand sanitizer exploded onto my box along with a ton of others, and unfortunately, this was the best they could do, and to call them if there's an issue.

Luckily, the way the person packaged everything, all the contents were towards the center of the box, rather than touching the side, so looks like I avoided any major damage, albeit, all the contents smells like hand sanitizer now...
TmjBkPe.jpg

#31174 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40126 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:23 AM

Funny story now, though at the time, was fairly angry story.

I went out to get my package earlier, and I noticed that the package was in a plastic bag for some reason. I've never seen a package shipped with a plastic bag on the outside loose like that, sometimes seen it wrapped around tightly outside of the package, but not just loose.

As I got closer, the box looked wet all over. The postman told me a box of hand sanitizer exploded onto my box along with a ton of others, and unfortunately, this was the best they could do, and to call them if there's an issue.

Luckily, the way the person packaged everything, all the contents were towards the center of the box, rather than touching the side, so looks like I avoided any major damage, albeit, all the contents smells like hand sanitizer now...

Covid-free delivery. So thoughtful of them.

#31175 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3577 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:38 AM

#31176 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Covid-free delivery. So thoughtful of them.

They really do care.

#31177 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3626 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

Does anybody know what's going on with Umihara Kawase Fresh for PS4? It's supposedly coming for NA region, but it's been out on other platforms for a while now.

#31178 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

They really do care.

Sadly, every package I have received like that always end the same way, with the contents damaged, as I get about 1 package like that per year on average. Normally damaged by rain on a loading dock someplace, then put in a plastic bag with USPS's "better luck next time" letter included as the final cherry on top!

#31179 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:04 PM

Does anybody know what's going on with Umihara Kawase Fresh for PS4? It's supposedly coming for NA region, but it's been out on other platforms for a while now.

Just taking a wild guess but probably Nicalis

#31180 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:49 PM

Got my Rorona nendo. So cute.

#31181 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5115 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:13 AM

Got my Rorona nendo. So cute.

Where’s Cordelia to keep her company?

#31182 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

Ok probably not the place to discuss it but I figured here would be as good as anywhere.   If I was to do online selling what would be the best place to list them on.  One poster happened to mention in another thread regardless to require a signature on the package. And I likely would want whatever insurance option.  But I noticed some of the games in my collection go for between 80-300 bucks complete/new and sealed.  And I'd probably rather have the money than keep some of them for replays down the road and what not.  Outside pokemon, fire emblem and paper mario anyway.

#31183 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

Where’s Cordelia to keep her company?

Ikr?

I think they decided to just give her a cauldron instead, lol.

#31184 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:32 PM

Ok probably not the place to discuss it but I figured here would be as good as anywhere.   If I was to do online selling what would be the best place to list them on.  One poster happened to mention in another thread regardless to require a signature on the package. And I likely would want whatever insurance option.  But I noticed some of the games in my collection go for between 80-300 bucks complete/new and sealed.  And I'd probably rather have the money than keep some of them for replays down the road and what not.  Outside pokemon, fire emblem and paper mario anyway.

Forums have always been a great place to be honest, but if you want more activity, I'd say give Resetera a try, assuming you have an account there, as it's more active now ever since the lockdown, so you'll probably get bites fairly quickly.

Are you in any Discord groups, Twitter groups, or other online social spaces that have trading too? Might be a good option as well.

Of course, eBay is another option, but it will be hit or miss with the way it's set up nowadays for sellers.

And of course, if at all possible, try to get it friends and family if possible, but if it's a buyer you don't know as well, regular payment will be the case for the vast majority of them.

#31185 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

I was surprised to see that amazon still has xenoblade chronicles definitive edition definitive works available.

They also have a used-acceptable at amazon warehouse for cheaper though you might not want that if you want it for your collection.

#31186 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3577 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:50 AM

I'd say give Resetera a try, assuming you have an account there, as it's more active now ever since the lockdown, so you'll probably get bites fairly quickly.

#31187 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

I've sold a ton of games on eBay since quarantine started. They sell easily, but don't underestimate your monthly eBay bill :(

Don't underprice your shipping fees and don't feel bad about listing slightly higher than your desired prices to offset the 10% sell fee. Everyone's doing it.

Nothing's stopping you from listing slightly higher on eBay AND listing at an appropriate price on facebook groups.

Take GOOD PICTURES, show every smushed corner, slight rips, scratches, etc. And even with the smoothest transactions you'll still have to beg for positive reviews two three weeks later :(

#31188 super1upqueen  

super1upqueen

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

The Japanese Nintendo Direct Mini ended up being WAY better than the American one. Along with Cadence of Hyrule DLC and the two MegaTen announcements, it featured trailers for Sakuna and Atelier Ryza 2, as well as mentions of Fairy Tail and Captain Tsubasa.

https://www.youtube....h?v=t57NnJAao0A

Nintendo's website is listing Sakuna with a November 10th release date:

https://www.nintendo...nd-ruin-switch/

Atelier Ryza 2 should launch worldwide this winter:

https://www.gematsu....4-switch-and-pc

#31189 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:37 PM

Ryza is also now on sale ($36) on steam.

Way more dlc for this title than I realized.  Any of it worthwhile?

#31190 super1upqueen  

super1upqueen

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

Ryza is also now on sale ($36) on steam.

Way more dlc for this title than I realized.  Any of it worthwhile?

I'd like to know that, as well. The season pass finally went on sale on Switch (but only down to 44 from 55), though I'm only interested in the character stories (which aren't even voiced). Are any of the side stories worth the price? Or should I just watch them on Youtube?

#31191 elessar123  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Nocturne finally getting a remaster. Been waiting forever. I'm More excited about that's than SMT 5, I think. Especially since it's not a Switch exclusive.

#31192 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

Nocturne finally getting a remaster. Been waiting forever. I'm More excited about that's than SMT 5, I think. Especially since it's not a Switch exclusive.

Yeah, I was about 4 or 5 hours into my playthrough on PS3 before I got sidetracked by other games and I never ended up getting back to it. Guess I will just get the remaster instead now lol. Can't wait.

#31193 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:51 PM

Especially since it's not a Switch exclusive.

Oh? When and where was this confirmed? I normally collect for PS4 but I'd be torn here. I think I would want SMT3 on the same platform as SMT5, which looks like an Switch exclusive.

#31194 elessar123  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:59 PM

Oh? When and where was this confirmed? I normally collect for PS4 but I'd be torn here. I think I would want SMT3 on the same platform as SMT5, which looks like an Switch exclusive.

SMT5 is Switch exclusive, Nocturne is coming for Switch/PS4. Pretty much every news site is reporting it this way, e.g. Crunchyroll.

I'm slightly torn on not getting it on Switch, but given 3 out of 4 sets of my Joycons drift, I will probably buy it for PS4.

#31195 nagpo  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:20 PM

They got rid of Dante. making me think twice

#31196 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:11 PM

On that note hopefully the new character isn't as awful to obtain as dante was.  I gave up because I couldn't do it.

#31197 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:27 AM

Anime Gaming Fans, Don't Miss This!
©BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. cordially invites you for a unique visit behind the curtain...

Join us on Wednesday, July 22nd at 4:00 pm PDT via TWITCH for PLAY ANIME® LIVE! A livestream for the anime and gaming communities! We’ll have lots of cool prizes to give away, along with news and updates from some of your favorite anime games!

Learn More About:

Your Favorite Console, PC & Mobile Anime Titles
View Trailers
Developer Q&As
Latest Video Game News
Prize Giveaways
And Lots More!
Featured Game Updates:
Scarlet Nexus
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Captain Tsubasa
My Hero One’s Justice 2
One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Man that's some cringe crunchyroll. But I do appreciate hearing that new scarlet nexus stuff will be up.

#31198 super1upqueen  

super1upqueen

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:48 AM

Anime Gaming Fans, Don't Miss This!
©BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. cordially invites you for a unique visit behind the curtain...

Join us on Wednesday, July 22nd at 4:00 pm PDT via TWITCH for PLAY ANIME® LIVE! A livestream for the anime and gaming communities! We’ll have lots of cool prizes to give away, along with news and updates from some of your favorite anime games!

Learn More About:

Your Favorite Console, PC & Mobile Anime Titles
View Trailers
Developer Q&As
Latest Video Game News
Prize Giveaways
And Lots More!
Featured Game Updates:
Scarlet Nexus
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Captain Tsubasa
My Hero One’s Justice 2
One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Man that's some cringe crunchyroll. But I do appreciate hearing that new scarlet nexus stuff will be up.

In for some Scarlet Nexus news. Will be praying for a remaster of the original 4 .hack games.

Let me dream.

#31199 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:53 AM

Cleaned out my closet, and in the midst of digging through the boxes I found my Ani-Mayhem cards from back in the day.

Basically Magic the Gathering for anime fans. ;D

Anyone here remember Ani-Mayhem, or played it from back in the day?

v75Ys1w.jpg

guiNY0s.jpg

ZrJQoTI.jpg

mf3OBNi.jpg

#31200 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:10 AM

Cleaned out my closet, and in the midst of digging through the boxes I found my Ani-Mayhem cards from back in the day.

Basically Magic the Gathering for anime fans. ;D

Anyone here remember Ani-Mayhem, or played it from back in the day?

Never heard of it but I saw some Project A-ko cards in there, that's cool.