Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World

No more heroes 1

No more heroes 2

Bloodstained Curse of the moon 2

Vaporum (not japanese)

Legend of Mana Remasteres

Saga Frontier Remastered

Crawlco Block Knockers (not japanese)

The switch is great for small asian english releases, indies, and limited type releases. The 3rd party output for the switch is way better than the first party output.

#32912 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

Ace Attorney Turnabout Collection up on Amazon Japan

Sold out already?  

Guess I’ll just get the US release plus import the Trilogy. Does Amazon Japan carry the original trilogy?

#32913 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10559 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

Glad we're getting a physical release of those Ace games. I own the original trilogy already for the Switch (JPN version). Also thinking of Legend of Mana and Saga Frontier Remastered although I was not a fan of either original game. Legend of Mana was gorgeous but buggy (2 player I'm sure will be fixed), and the placement system and quest system were strange. I also hated the magic system with it's ultra complicated refinement system. Saga Frontier had some weird story system and was hard to follow. Some characters had just about no story. I believe this especially for Lute. I believe the game had some expanded stories and also has a story progression thing now so you can not get lost and all, like I did searching for the robots computers or whatever it was. Very likely to get them discounted digitally someday, but not sure about the Asian English versions.

#32914 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:33 PM

Some characters had just about no story. I believe this especially for Lute. I believe the game had some expanded stories and also has a story progression thing now so you can not get lost and all, like I did searching for the robots computers or whatever it was.

Said it before, but yeah, SaGa games aren't about the story, they're very gameplay driven experiences. Lute doesn't have much of a story because he is basically the character that gives you the full open ended experience. He can recruit the widest variety of party members and go to almost every location in the game. Funny enough though with the NG+ additions in the remaster you can play through his whole story in like 20 minutes if you really want.

Also yeah, the remaster has a nice story log that gives you an idea of where you should go to progress the story. There is a lot of amazing additions in this remaster but that one is especially nice for new players who have never touched the game before. I think it makes this remaster the best one to start with for anyone trying to get into the series.

#32915 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 23 April 2021 - 11:12 PM

I always hear that the SaGa games have punishment for people that like to grind and overlevel, which has mostly kept me from checking them out. I'm sure some people like that at the same that means you shouldn't have to grind though, but it's a pretty hard out for me.

#32916 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2021 - 05:14 AM

With Monster Hunter Stories 2 just around the corner, figured I’d at least mention that the original is on sale for $4.99 right now on iOS and Android. I know mobile isn’t anybody’s first choice in this thread, but it’s the best-playing version of the game (notably for the substantially higher frame rate, resolution, antialiasing, and draw distance), considering that precise controls are by and large unnecessary.

#32917 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 24 April 2021 - 07:08 AM

I always hear that the SaGa games have punishment for people that like to grind and overlevel, which has mostly kept me from checking them out. I'm sure some people like that at the same that means you shouldn't have to grind though, but it's a pretty hard out for me.

Nah, that is legit the biggest misunderstanding about the series. Especially the overleveling part. So like, the way the games work is that enemy scaling and player stats aren't tied together. If you think about most games with level scaling it's just a simple linear progression, you level up, enemies level up. SaGa games don't do that. Instead the series has a mechanic called Battle Rank where the more fights you do the more a number increases. As that number goes up harder enemies start appearing.

The whole punishment misunderstanding comes from the fact that it's technically possible to just keep grinding enemies that don't give very good stat gains while also increasing your BR to the point where enemies you can't handle start appearing. But in practice - it's just never going to happen. To put it in more normal RPG terms think of it like this, you'd have to willingly spend dozens of hours grinding enemies that give you no EXP. Would you ever actually do that in a normal RPG? Because that is how these games are, the only way the game would punish you is because you decided to just fight quite literally hundreds of enemies that weren't making your characters stronger.

It's actually very possible to overlevel if you want, same as any other RPG. They just don't have linear level scaling because it gives you the chance to exploit the game in fun ways you wouldn't be able to in a linear system. For example in SaGa Frontier one of the playable races is robots. Robots do not gain stats from fighting, just from the gear they equip. A chest piece that gives a human +30 defense would instead give a robot something like +30 def +100 HP +20 strength, etc. So with that knowledge you can start a brand new game: run around the world and buy or pick up good equipment, and then stack it on a robot to give them stats good enough for the final boss. All within like 20 minutes of a new game. The thing is, going in blind you wouldn't know that so technically I ruined some of the fun you'd get from going in and figuring that out for yourself. But, that is just one part of the game so I don't really mind, it gets my point across.

#32918 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:17 PM

The Atelier Mysterious DX Trilogy appears to have downgraded graphics compared to the originals. It seems like they were making a Switch version of Sophie and Firis then decided to sell it again on PS4 and PC.

#32919 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:42 PM

Anyone know where I can harvest pebbles in atelier Rorona plus? Need 5 more to craft gold.

#32920 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1799 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:48 PM

It's still not live online and I didn't see it mentioned here but the Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE is up for pre-order at physical stores. 

#32921 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:12 PM

Anyone know where I can harvest pebbles in atelier Rorona plus? Need 5 more to craft gold.

A lot of places -  • Nearby Forest    • Ortoga Ruins   • National Mines   • Traveler's Way   • Catacombs.  I'm pretty sure I remember that creatures can drop them too.  But couldn't find any info on that.

#32922 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 12:51 AM

SNK publisher sale at GoG.

#32923 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 April 2021 - 03:00 AM

A lot of places -  • Nearby Forest    • Ortoga Ruins   • National Mines   • Traveler's Way   • Catacombs.  I'm pretty sure I remember that creatures can drop them too.  But couldn't find any info on that.

Problem is they don't show up on the list for nearby forest when harvesting and I also went through and didn't get a single one. The wiki is basically useless for this particular item.

Guess my only shot is drops then so I'll just give up on that.  Wish I had known a recipe would need 8 and to have kept some but its whatever.

#32924 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:35 AM

It's still not live online and I didn't see it mentioned here but the Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE is up for pre-order at physical stores. 

You might need to do it by SKU though (SKU: 284749) as I heard some stores don't have it in the system by name yet.

#32925 toska  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 12:37 PM

this game was mentioned as delisted digitally here Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323165198523

seems like a good price for a new copy, few copies left.

#32926 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:13 PM

Mask of deception the first one is the expensive one. Truth had more copies for whatever reason so that's about what it normally goes for. Still a good price for anyone that missed the 15 buck ones from vgca.

#32927 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24076 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 11:55 PM

I don't really know where else to ask this but are Asian PS4 game cases diff than NA ones somehow? I have two diff Super Robot games (Asian release, I think?) with loose discs and I cannot get them back in place. I tried the drop trick and the press trick- after a dozen times, neither work. They were part of a lot of a dozen PS4 games, and half arrived with loose discs- but only those two, I cannot get back in place. 

this game was mentioned as delisted digitally here Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323165198523

seems like a good price for a new copy, few copies left.

Seems like they're just showing a max 6 by default. A lot of their listings seem to do that. 

#32928 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10559 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:00 AM

Asian PS4 cases are the same as NA ones. I checked my Super Robot Wars game and it's similar to others.

#32929 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8839 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

Atelier Ryza 2 is $50 at Amazon for both the PS4 and Switch versions. Not much of a discount but I'll take it.

#32930 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

Atelier Ryza 2 is $50 at Amazon for both the PS4 and Switch versions. Not much of a discount but I'll take it.

also that price at best buy. 

I have  5$ coupon but I'm not sure I will pull the trigger as it seems like it just comes back and forth in stock so I don't necessarily think it will go out of stock permanently. 

#32931 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:12 PM

I know they originally had one planned and then canceled it, and that you can free upgrade from the PS4 disc but I'm hoping a physical PS5 version for Ryza 2 comes along eventually

#32932 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:27 PM

Neptunia reVerse LE available for preorder May 3rd! $84.99

https://www.iffysonl...nia-reverse-le/

3D_NPRV1_FULLSET_PS5-US__60274.161944968

#32933 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3215 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:37 PM

Apparently I just completely broke Ryza 2 by synthing a Four Spirits Amulet with a Polaris Essence.  At least this didn't happen until right before the final battle of the main story.  Still have postgame stuff to do though.  I splurged a bit on the Ultimate Edition at $70 on pc.  It was a good "comfort game" for me during an illness and is a categorical improvement in respect to the original Ryza. 8.5/10 - Recommended, especially on pc.

#32934 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37999 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 05:17 AM

Gamestop has the PS4 version for $39.99 as a DotD: https://www.gamestop...l?condition=New

#32935 DplusT  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:20 PM

Gamestop has the PS4 version for $39.99 as a DotD: https://www.gamestop...l?condition=New

I haven't bought anything from gamestop in ages. If I buy online will it come sealed?

I asked best buy if they pricematch gamestop.com and they said yes, but they said the product numbers didn't match :/

#32936 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1799 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:23 PM

I haven't bought anything from gamestop in ages. If I buy online will it come sealed?

I asked best buy if they pricematch gamestop.com and they said yes, but they said the product numbers didn't match :/

I would say it is new enough where you will probably get a sealed one. Stores stopped gutting new titles awhile back but there are still a ton of games out there that are "new" with just a circle sticker sealing it. 

#32937 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:36 PM

You could return it to a store (or possibly exchange) if it arrives and isn't sealed, I suppose. I also haven't bought anything online from them in ages. Just don't remove that little sticker if it's a new, gutted copy if you plan to exchange as that's how they determine if you've opened the 'new' game.

#32938 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:49 PM

Nah, I remember getting multiple "USED" copies of games from GS I bought as NEW, not even just gutted copies with the circular sticker on them they were strait up used, I went to a store to return them & got these scumbag teeny boppers who actually accused me of trying to return used games lol no matter how I explained it, to make things worse a couple of my packages from GS didn't even have a packing slip. I felt like beating the shit out of all of them. Ultimately they wouldn't do anything for me, basically told me there's nothing they can do because they wouldn't accept a return for used games sold as new even though they sent them to me that way all in a snarky superior minimum wage bottom feeder kind of way of course, I told them I can easily just chargeback the entire order if they want to be dicks about it and keep their games and my money, I'm at least trying to give them their games back.

You can't fix stupid though. Good luck with ANYTIHNG GameStop.

#32939 ayuchan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:04 AM

Damn that scares me cos I ordered the Prinny Switch Deluxe game which is supposed to be New, hope I won't face the same problems, but I will definitely return it if it's opened or damaged.

Nah, I remember getting multiple "USED" copies of games from GS I bought as NEW, not even just gutted copies with the circular sticker on them they were strait up used, I went to a store to return them & got these scumbag teeny boppers who actually accused me of trying to return used games lol no matter how I explained it, to make things worse a couple of my packages from GS didn't even have a packing slip. I felt like beating the shit out of all of them. Ultimately they wouldn't do anything for me, basically told me there's nothing they can do because they wouldn't accept a return for used games sold as new even though they sent them to me that way all in a snarky superior minimum wage bottom feeder kind of way of course, I told them I can easily just chargeback the entire order if they want to be dicks about it and keep their games and my money, I'm at least trying to give them their games back.

You can't fix stupid though. Good luck with ANYTIHNG GameStop.

#32940 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3886 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 28 April 2021 - 12:53 AM

Have any of you guys seen the prices on eBay for those old Atlus PSP releases? P1, 2, and P3P are fetching like $200 each. Had no idea the demand was this high for these releases.