* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#34291 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:54 PM

I started playing Disaster Report 4, I’m like half an hour in and I Fuck ing love it.

#34292 Miker525  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:58 PM

I started playing Disaster Report 4, I’m like half an hour in and I Fuck ing love it.

It's so good, enjoy!

#34293 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 12:17 AM

Jump Force plus the character passes are pretty cheap in a variety of places right now, presumably due to the fact that it's being delisted and the servers scuttled next year, but I was wondering if anyone whose played it before knows what some of the stuff being discontinued is referring to specifically before I go in.

Among the various multiplayer stuff that you'd typically expect, three items stand out to me:

- Accepting Rewards from the Reward Counter
- In-game Store
- Premium Shop

What are these, does anyone know?

#34294 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 26 November 2021 - 12:24 AM

Jump Force plus the character passes are pretty cheap in a variety of places right now, presumably due to the fact that it's being delisted and the servers scuttled next year, but I was wondering if anyone whose played it before knows what some of the stuff being discontinued is referring to specifically before I go in.

Among the various multiplayer stuff that you'd typically expect, three items stand out to me:

- Accepting Rewards from the Reward Counter
- In-game Store
- Premium Shop

What are these, does anyone know?

To unlock gears for custom character, they are purely aesthetic

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#34295 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:41 AM

Great game!

#34296 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:35 AM

To unlock gears for custom character, they are purely aesthetic

All three of them do this? What's the difference? Premium shop kinda sounds like it requires real world money.

#34297 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 26 November 2021 - 04:01 AM

All three of them do this? What's the difference? Premium shop kinda sounds like it requires real world money.

In-game shop requires coins can be grinded with main campaign. A good chunk of moveset and clothing items available here.

There are movesets (some are slightly better), clothing items, emotes and chat phrase exclusived to premium.

Clothings and accessories do not give you advantage whatsoever, its all up to how you build your character and play the game.

#34298 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:57 PM

SD Gundam Generation Cross Rays Platinum Edition PS4 on sale for $25 at Playasia, price good through the weekend; all time low if you want to play on console.

Unlike the Switch version, DLCs are on a redeemable code, no expiration date though.

#34299 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 26 November 2021 - 04:19 PM

Nisa store got a minor restock. Nothing too great, but worth a check if you are looking for LE of YS IX, La Mulana or The Silvercase 2425

Some regular editions also got restocked

https://store.nisamerica.com/

#34300 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:22 PM

The in-game shop closing is the main iffy one. You can buy things with in-game currency like special moves and some minor enhancement items, right?

Jump Force for the right price is fun enough. I think I got the Ultimate Edition for about $20 and added Yoruichi later. You definitely want to be playing on an SSD if possible, it loads back into the multiplayer hub world after every match (even story or offline matches) and it takes a bit.. I originally started on an Xbox One S when it was on Game Pass and it was brutal. Series X helps a lot

#34301 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 26 November 2021 - 09:18 PM

Shin Megami Tensei V Launch Edition back in stock for shipping at Walmart.com for $49.94

https://www.walmart....59?athbdg=L1100

#34302 elessar123  

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:50 AM

The Switch version of Mary Skelter Finale Limited Edition is sold out on Iffy shop. Happened recently because I've been checking and hoping for a sale. The PS4 version is low stock also, so get it if you actually want it.

#34303 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24353 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:27 PM

Anyone that ordered stuff form the Xseed store sale- have your orders shipped? I haven't gotten diddly squat since my order confirm email... 

#34304 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6772 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:34 PM

Anyone that ordered stuff form the Xseed store sale- have your orders shipped? I haven't gotten diddly squat since my order confirm email... 

Same here.

#34305 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:40 PM

They only offer tracking on orders over $99, apparently.

#34306 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10815 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:49 PM

Mangagamer Black Friday sale till December 4th. This includes physical items.

Mangagamer (NSFW)

JAST USA's bigger discount game is You and Me and Her aka Totono. I do recommend this one, though I do think it was highly overrated. Still a very interesting read. 40% off total and must add to cart.

JAST USA (NSFW)

#34307 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 27 November 2021 - 08:54 PM

I didn't even get a confirm email. Just an email from PayPal indicating that I paid.

#34308 danhoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:11 AM

It's clunky and silly and maybe not the best in the series, but it is far more entertaining than I expected. I missed out on the DLC being free shortly after release. 

#34309 Miker525  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:11 AM

It's clunky and silly and maybe not the best in the series, but it is far more entertaining than I expected. I missed out on the DLC being free shortly after release.

If you're seriously telling me the older Disaster Report games are better I need to find a.... PS2 or something cus God damn DR4 was fun

#34310 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6825 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 28 November 2021 - 04:29 AM

What are everyones thoughts on 

https://www.fanatica...anime-bundle-3 

#34311 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3527 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 04:43 AM

Decent if you want a lot of the games.  Xanadu eX+, and the spirit mark games seem like the best of the bunch.  I thought about filling out my collection with 6/$15 but decided just to save the $15.

That said, Xanadu eX+ as well as 3-4 of the other titles have been all together numerous times in a $5-6 bento bundle.

#34312 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10815 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 04:58 AM

35% off Closed Game on JAST USA only today. Add to cart to apply discount. I know not everyone cares about these discounts, but lots of these games aren't on Steam and rarely go on sale.

JAST (NSFW)

#34313 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 06:22 AM

Which would you say is the best, and why?

A fair number of those have been in cheaper Fanatical bundles already.

#34314 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:08 PM

35% off Closed Game on JAST USA only today. Add to cart to apply discount. I know not everyone cares about these discounts, but lots of these games aren't on Steam and rarely go on sale.

JAST (NSFW)

Yeah this one's never coming to Steam lol. Great game if you're a fan of Bible Black or any of the other games from Sei Shoujo. Thanks for sharing.

#34315 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21192 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 07:27 PM

Hello friends! How's it going? ;)

celebration-anime.gif

#34316 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2898 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2021 - 10:50 PM

is that celebration gif from a game or anime? (and what is the name?)

:wave:

#34317 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3911 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:33 PM

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. I'm assuming the anime, not the game.

#34318 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21192 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:14 AM

is that celebration gif from a game or anime? (and what is the name?)

:wave:

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. I'm assuming the anime, not the game.

^___^

#34319 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 29 November 2021 - 07:38 AM

Finished Persona 5 Strikers last night, then decided to try and get the platinum trophy today. Upon reading up on the requirements for it, however, I noped on out of there. That grind for max bonds is not worth the time I could be using to do something, anything else.

Anyway, I give it a solid 8/10. Gameplay was extremely fun, resembling more of a very polished ARPG than a standard musou game, which is a good thing. Enemies could be a bit damage spongey, but getting into a good rhythm of targeting weaknesses and activating perfect dodge counters turned slogs into satisfying victories. Battles against dire and Velvet Room request shadows were very tense, if not a little too long. Favorite character to play as was hands-down Wolf. I watched that crazy SOB just chew through powerful shadows' down gauges through a combination of Fury and Heat Riser.

Story-wise, it was fine, though I preferred Royal's take on the idea of

Spoiler
Overall, the entire narrative really just felt like a retread of Persona 5, but it was saved by the usual chemistry between the Phantom Thieves and the wonderful Zenkichi. Having an adult's perspective was welcome in a story that centers on high school kids and I adored his personality and English voice acting.

Next up is the very not niche Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. I'm sure I'll immediately out-level everything and get bored. But hey, my Sword save data will get me Jirachi, which is one of my favorite Pokemon, so if I'm going to blow through this game, I may as well do it with a hyper-cute bundle of wishes <3

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget, Strikers' soundtrack is incredible! Such amazing remixes and original songs. Persona continues to have some of the best music in the industry.

#34320 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:38 AM

Finished Persona 5 Strikers last night, then decided to try and get the platinum trophy today. Upon reading up on the requirements for it, however, I noped on out of there. That grind for max bonds is not worth the time I could be using to do something, anything else.

Anyway, I give it a solid 8/10. Gameplay was extremely fun, resembling more of a very polished ARPG than a standard musou game, which is a good thing. Enemies could be a bit damage spongey, but getting into a good rhythm of targeting weaknesses and activating perfect dodge counters turned slogs into satisfying victories. Battles against dire and Velvet Room request shadows were very tense, if not a little too long. Favorite character to play as was hands-down Wolf. I watched that crazy SOB just chew through powerful shadows' down gauges through a combination of Fury and Heat Riser.

Story-wise, it was fine, though I preferred Royal's take on the idea of

Spoiler
Overall, the entire narrative really just felt like a retread of Persona 5, but it was saved by the usual chemistry between the Phantom Thieves and the wonderful Zenkichi. Having an adult's perspective was welcome in a story that centers on high school kids and I adored his personality and English voice acting.

Next up is the very not niche Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. I'm sure I'll immediately out-level everything and get bored. But hey, my Sword save data will get me Jirachi, which is one of my favorite Pokemon, so if I'm going to blow through this game, I may as well do it with a hyper-cute bundle of wishes <3

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget, Strikers' soundtrack is incredible! Such amazing remixes and original songs. Persona continues to have some of the best music in the industry.

Oh yea, took me about 70% into merciless mode story to get platinum (bonds), around Tokyo dungeon? The ost and remixes are fire!

Edit. Meant to say Kyoto dungeon lol.