* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#35731 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2022 - 10:35 PM

The Art of Starless - Seishoujo Artworks (18+ Visual Novel Artbook) is out now. From the artist of Bible Black and Discipline.

Artbook preview (NSFW)

Artbook product link on J-list (NSFW)

#35732 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4148 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 August 2022 - 07:55 PM

NIS America just indirectly confirmed the other day that Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure will have the English dub, which is all I needed to know to buy it. I hope it has both language options (I don't know how the other NIS Classics were), but English dub was my priority.

#35733 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1899 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2022 - 06:52 PM

NIS America just indirectly confirmed the other day that Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure will have the English dub, which is all I needed to know to buy it. I hope it has both language options (I don't know how the other NIS Classics were), but English dub was my priority.

Are you going to wait and see if the games released busted on the cart?

They're 2/2 on releasing busted prinny presents games.

#35734 elessar123  

Posted 02 August 2022 - 07:12 PM

Like 90% of their localized games are busted in some way, since at least the PS2. I still buy the ones I want, cause what else am I going to do?

#35735 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11221 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2022 - 10:22 PM

Eh does anyone ever get the regrets feels for playing or buying something mainly for games? I am playing Amatsumi, and I'm really disliking a good part of it. The premise just gets weird and the MC plain sucks honestly. At least 2 of the character paths drove me to annoyance and I really don't like the third girl so far from what they've shown. The 4th probably has a cool story, but I'm just getting to the point where I'm like is it even worth it. I think I'm just not a huge Purple Software fan, with the underdeveloped but OK Hapymaher, and the underdeveloped but alright Chrono Clock. This game feels older than those, and the characters are just sucking right now. The art is great, music OK, but it feels more like a more developed nukige, but I'm just not vibing from it. I'm pretty sure I have about 10-ish more hours, and I'm not really sure I want to keep going. It sucks I bought it of course, but it sounded interesting. I'm thinking of just dropping it, too bad it wasn't on Steam so I could do less than 2 hours and try for a refund. Just mentioning is all.

#35736 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1506 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 03 August 2022 - 03:05 AM

Eh does anyone ever get the regrets feels for playing or buying something mainly for games? I am playing Amatsumi, and I'm really disliking a good part of it. The premise just gets weird and the MC plain sucks honestly. At least 2 of the character paths drove me to annoyance and I really don't like the third girl so far from what they've shown. The 4th probably has a cool story, but I'm just getting to the point where I'm like is it even worth it. I think I'm just not a huge Purple Software fan, with the underdeveloped but OK Hapymaher, and the underdeveloped but alright Chrono Clock. This game feels older than those, and the characters are just sucking right now. The art is great, music OK, but it feels more like a more developed nukige, but I'm just not vibing from it. I'm pretty sure I have about 10-ish more hours, and I'm not really sure I want to keep going. It sucks I bought it of course, but it sounded interesting. I'm thinking of just dropping it, too bad it wasn't on Steam so I could do less than 2 hours and try for a refund. Just mentioning is all.

I bail out of games all the time, nothing to feel bad about but sometimes the decision is hard to make.

Recently I dropped Fae Tactics after probably 20-30 hours. It was fun, but then it suddenly wasn't so I just stopped.

Weirdly none of the achievements appeared to be working too. I like getting them, but no big deal there either.

I feel worse about buying a game and not playing it before a 'better' version comes out, but if I play something and decide to drop it I'm mostly happy to have the rest of the time back to try something else (I feel like it's more valuable than money - obviously amount of time and amount of money are variable depending on what you're talking about and there's no exact equation but... Especially in this case, giving it more time is not going to get my money back, it's just going to cost more time in addition to money that's already gone). I give myself permission to cross it off the list the same as if I had beaten the game. It does feel a little bad, and it's hard to figure out where that stopping point is but it's all just sunk cost fallacy stuff.

#35737 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11221 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2022 - 04:18 AM

Yeah I'm the VN truther around here though, and while I do bail on nukige or less developed VNs all the time, this one of the first times where the product seemed competent enough, but it felt really flawed anyway. I mean I should think of it more like I could put that likely 8-10 hours on better games. Just feels lame cause I was really anticipating the game, and the main mc has interesting attributes but a weirdly straightforward and stupid thinking feeling. But yeah even though I did pay my fee, it's okay to not like something. I also hate not playing a game before it gets bundled or extremely discounted. I buy a few too many things on release to support some developers, but I should wait on some things.

#35738 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 03 August 2022 - 10:47 PM

https://youtu.be/eqDDcNiffZE

Don't expect physical version to hit the shelves in the West

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#35739 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:10 AM

For anyone that was able to preorder the Xenoblade 2 Golden Torna reprint at VideogamesPlus, did your order ship? They have an ETA of mid-end July but no movement on my copy.

To follow-up, I got a shipping notice about an hour ago.

#35740 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:39 AM

To follow-up, I got a shipping notice about an hour ago.

Yeah, just got mine too... hope it comes before I head out of the country. 

#35741 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:11 AM

Shin Chan Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven Day Journey comes out in English next week on the 11th.  Digital only it appears.  https://www.nintendo...journey-switch/

#35742 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38660 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 12:41 PM

Tactics Ogre: Reborn finally confirmed by SE for release on 11/11, physical version also coming which is surprising:

https://www.gematsu....4-switch-and-pc

#35743 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 02:49 PM

physical version also coming which is surprising:

I wasn't expecting that either, guess they were able to hold onto one surprise about this game.

#35744 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20445 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:00 PM

Too bad no Tactics Ogre Steelbook for US

#35745 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:06 PM

Fight Crab is getting a US physical release:

https://www.gamestop...tch/346680.html

Highly recommended, I have the JP one and it's worth every penny.

#35746 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11221 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:13 PM

Square-Enix is making me tap out right now. Just releasing a lot this year, and it's a bit expensive to keep up. We also got Diofield, Valkyrie, Star Ocean and Harvestella still to come. I'm probably missing something else but yeah. I'm a little neutral on the ogre series, but I'll still buy. I don't think Crisis Core remake is this year....likely next year early, but still.

#35747 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38660 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:20 PM

Too bad no Tactics Ogre Steelbook for US

Is this confirmed? I'm hoping Best Buy or Gamestop gets it. :pray:

Square-Enix is making me tap out right now. Just releasing a lot this year, and it's a bit expensive to keep up. We also got Diofield, Valkyrie, Star Ocean and Harvestella still to come. I'm probably missing something else but yeah. I'm a little neutral on the ogre series, but I'll still buy. I don't think Crisis Core remake is this year....likely next year early, but still.

There's always December.

#35748 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:24 PM

That list looks promising and assuming the games turn out well, I'll probably be buying & playing all of them.  Just not close to release.  SE games generally get high prints and drop significantly.

Do we know if the TO:R physical release only be sold on the SE store?  Or is the SE store just the first to list the game?

#35749 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13648 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:25 PM

Tactics Ogre: Reborn finally confirmed by SE for release on 11/11, physical version also coming which is surprising:

https://www.gematsu....4-switch-and-pc

Really happy (but also surprised) to see this get a physical release.  Going to preorder it to show support for more Square Enix physical releases, but will wait to see if its only at SE Store or a wide release.

Fight Crab is getting a US physical release:

https://www.gamestop...tch/346680.html

Highly recommended, I have the JP one and it's worth every penny.

Anyone know if this is a Gamestop exclusive in the US?

#35750 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20445 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 06:00 PM

Is this confirmed? I'm hoping Best Buy or Gamestop gets it. :pray:

For now just Europe Square Enix store.  Would have to wait if other US retailer will get it.

#35751 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:28 PM

Don't forget Dragon Quest Treasures as well.

#35752 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10055 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:44 PM

Sony (Crunchyroll) owns Righstuf + Nozomi now.

Right Stuf has joined the Crunchyroll family

Crunchyroll is 'Evaluating Rights' Regarding Nozomi Entertainment Following Purchase of Right Stuf

All erotica has been delisted and had their images removed from RS.com.  New spinoff store incoming to separate the two business entities. 

WELCOME TO THE ERO ANIME STORE!

#35753 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6275 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:27 PM

With a name like that, I have full confidence in the survivability of this new business. RIP.

#35754 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2022 - 12:06 AM

Right Stuf has joined the Crunchyroll family

All erotica has been delisted and had their images removed from RS.com.  New spinoff store incoming to separate the two business entities. 

Someone alert the FTC! They can't get away with this!

#35755 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:06 AM

Nice to see tactics ogre confirmed. If there's not fancy physical edition I might just stick with digital to get that soundtrack...

#35756 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2022 - 04:59 PM

It's funny, I've never played a lot of isometric SRPGs and literally only played like 3 of them: FFT, Tactics Ogre (PSP) and Jeanne D'Arc. (I did start Ogre Battle, Ogre Battle 64, Ogre Battle Lodis, and FFT Advance- but never got past the first few levels in any of them.) But with this TO remake talk, I just realized that I actually enjoyed every single one; obviously FFT was a masterpiece but TO and Jeanne were also both excellent. I'll probably pick up the remake but not really sure since I already have the PS1 release and two different copies of the PSP release (PAL CE, US standard). 

Anyway, you guys think there's a chance Digimon NS gets another run? I didn't think it would sell out since the other Digimon games on the NS were pretty easy to get on sale so this latest release selling out so fast was surprising. 

#35757 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 06 August 2022 - 05:07 PM

It's funny, I've never played a lot of isometric SRPGs and literally only played like 3 of them: FFT, Tactics Ogre (PSP) and Jeanne D'Arc. (I did start Ogre Battle, Ogre Battle 64, Ogre Battle Lodis, and FFT Advance- but never got past the first few levels in any of them.) But with this TO remake talk, I just realized that I actually enjoyed every single one; obviously FFT was a masterpiece but TO and Jeanne were also both excellent. I'll probably pick up the remake but not really sure since I already have the PS1 release and two different copies of the PSP release (PAL CE, US standard). 

Anyway, you guys think there's a chance Digimon NS gets another run? I didn't think it would sell out since the other Digimon games on the NS were pretty easy to get on sale so this latest release selling out so fast was surprising. 

Digimon Survive for the Switch is in stock at GameStop.com. I ordered earlier this week and received it yesterday.  New/sealed from their warehouse,  https://www.gamestop...tch/203891.html

I was in my local GameStop store Thursday and the guy mentioned they got in store copies that day.  

#35758 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2022 - 07:27 PM

Digimon Survive for the Switch is in stock at GameStop.com. I ordered earlier this week and received it yesterday.  New/sealed from their warehouse,  https://www.gamestop...tch/203891.html

I was in my local GameStop store Thursday and the guy mentioned they got in store copies that day.  

Oh nice. Looks like it's in stock at Amazon and BestBuy too... I didn't realize it came back in stock at so many places. 

#35759 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 06 August 2022 - 08:58 PM

Oh nice. Looks like it's in stock at Amazon and BestBuy too... I didn't realize it came back in stock at so many places. 

If you want to get the code for Guilmon you’ll have to get it in hand by August 28 I think and submit a ticket to Bandai.  They are honoring the preorder bonus and emailing codes if you submit a ticket to their website with proof of purchase (photo of receipt and game works).I submitted a ticket yesterday and was emailed my code today,  

#35760 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:58 AM

Wow, I had ordered something from them the other week that was lost in shipping and was wondering why it was suddenly delisted and couldn't be replaced.