* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#6181 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

Everybunny just calm down.

#6182 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:30 AM

Star Ocean 4 has a much better/fun combat system than 5. Fact

Star Ocean 4 is a pretty great game. The complaints people have about it are petty for the most part.

#6183 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

Official 7th Dragon III Code: VFD Unboxing Features the Game and Artbook in Detail

Spoiler

#6184 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:21 AM

I called my store since I am supposed to pick up from them. They said they are delaying all the pick up orders until the watches arrive. They said they will call each customer with a preorder, so I'll update CAG'ers as it develops. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit: they said about 1-1.5 weeks

Yeah, it's been 2 days now, and no activity on the tracking they sent, WTF?!

So they are just creating shipments that they aren't going to send for a few weeks, and all that does is keep someone from cancelling, as now the order is technically shipped, but you can't change anything. So in reality, your order is just sitting there in limbo until the watches show up right?

Well at least they don't seem to have charged me yet, so I guess that is kind of OK, but this wreaks of some under handed GS tactic.

#6185 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9970 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:29 AM

Yeah, it's been 2 days now, and no activity on the tracking they sent, WTF?!

So they are just creating shipments that they aren't going to send for a few weeks, and all that does is keep someone from cancelling, as now the order is technically shipped, but you can't change anything. So in reality, your order is just sitting there in limbo until the watches show up right?

Well at least they don't seem to have charged me yet, so I guess that is kind of OK, but this wreaks of some under handed GS tactic.

Youuusssssss guysssssssssss ezzzzzzzzz screwwwwwwweddd.

#6186 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

You better watch yourself.

Idk, he might clock you in the face.

#6187 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:52 AM

Youuusssssss guysssssssssss ezzzzzzzzz screwwwwwwweddd.

It's all good, as long as I get a watch. Normally I would have gotten extras to flip, but this time I just wanted to make sure I got one, so I order from a few different places, and I'm still not sure if I'll get one or not.

I think Askys will come through one way or another, but the waits no big deal for me, as I haven't finished the last game yet, so I'm in no rush for this at all.

Now for a lot of other guys, their going batshit crazy over this delay. Some guys even said  Fuck it, I'm just going to buy it digitally, and wait for the other shit to arrive whenever. I'm like, no way I would buy a game like this twice, just to avoid a few weeks wait.

I guess I was hardcore like that once upon a time, but now I could care less. I've got so many AAA titles in my backlog, that a game like this is just getting a place in the queue along with all the others, so it can arrive whenever.

#6188 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

Idk, he might clock you in the face.

These puns are starting to tick me off.

#6189 NeoMonk  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:06 AM

It's TIME to DIAL it back guys.

Spoiler

#6190 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

Maybe I missed it, but does the physical release of Shantae risky beats contain every Shantae game? I was thinking about picking them up off the psn sale today

no

#6191 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:18 AM

I Am Setsuna artwork, pre-order bonuses announced

I Am Setsuna is due out digitally for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam on July 19 for $39.99.

Those themes look nice at a glance, but I hope they put up some preview videos for them so I can see if they're dynamic and feature nice music to go with them.

I will be waiting on Star Ocean 5, looks decent to me but not a full price day one purchase. I would've been happier getting the PS4/Vita port for Star Ocean 2 if SE ever decided to localize that.

Was there a port of the first one, or just the second? I still have the PSP ports in my backlog, but wouldn't mind re-buying them on PS4 or Vita for easier playability. Maybe if 5 sells well there's a chance it will be brought over...

Oh yeah, there are a couple of Steam Summer Sale bundles that use their new dynamic bundle system and decrease in price if you own any of the games in it already:

JRPG Bundle

Metroidvania Bundle

They're not particularly good (Extra 15% Discount), but the only one I don't own in the JRPG Bundle is Disgaea and am able to get it for a few bucks cheaper than the Summer Sale discounted price if I decided to bite. Hopefully more developers/publishers switch over to the dynamic bundle system as owning games in the bundles often stops me from ever purchasing them.

The new dynamic bundle system is great. Already bought a game for less thanks to it. It's so much better then the old system where you just lost out. It's surprising it took so long though.

I tried that briefly at E3 and it seems cool but I was not expecting $40

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I would have thought this would have been a $20 or $30 game at most.

And speaking of Star Ocean 5, got my CE from SE today. Bigger than I was expecting, but a pretty nice set. I don't know how many were made, but my ID card was numbered 99XX (don't remember the exact number). I guess that's the number X,XXX/XX,XXX copies for this release.

That should be all the big releases for a while since ZTD is delayed. Time to go back to Tokyo Mirage Sessions :)

#6192 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

WTB physical copy of I Am Setsuna.

#6193 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

Seems like I got $10 in Courtesy Credit from Amazon due to the ZTD Watch Delay.

#6194 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37616 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

Same here. Based on the CE thread, it seems that anyone who ordered multiple ZTD Watch Editions should have a $10 Courtesy Credit for each one.

#6195 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:29 AM

I got $10 Credit from Amazon as well. 

#6196 SPORK94  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:31 AM

So not only is amazon fucking up with ZTD, My grand kingdom was given release date delivery but its not here turns out they just didn't ship it until today.

#6197 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

So not only is amazon fucking up with ZTD, My grand kingdom was given release date delivery but its not here turns out they just didn't ship it until today.

And on top of that, it'll probably arrived crushed in the bubble mailer they used for everyone's package. :*(

#6198 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:07 AM

Touhou Genso Rondo (including the LE!) and Shantae for all three platforms are listed on BestBuy.com but not yet available to order for shipping. I hope Best Buy will start to carry NISA's LE's!

#6199 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:27 AM

I'm definitely in for Shantae from BB when it goes up.

#6200 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:34 AM

I haven't gotten anything from Amazon :(

#6201 MunkichioO   Lurker... o.o CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

MunkichioO

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

Better than JUST getting a "cancelation email" from lamestop... now I'm not even getting my ZTD game or watch >_> 

#6202 SPORK94  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:45 AM

In this point in time I am just going to buy my watch from Aksys @AX can't trust either retailer to pull through on this even if my friend is a manager at GS who let me get it a day early.

#6203 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

In this point in time I am just going to buy my watch from Aksys @AX can't trust either retailer to pull through on this even if my friend is a manager at GS who let me get it a day early.

You should just print out your order page, and then bring it to their booth at AX, and be like, "BITCH, YOU OWE ME A WATCH!"

And then depending on their response, be ready to flip some tables.

MebsK05.gif

#6204 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

I'm enjoying the new Star Ocean, already have about two hours recorded. Not game of the year material, but a well rounded rpg I'll play through multiple times.

#6205 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

Well, I'll be there for AX, Square, though not for ZTD, but to see how quickly they'll sell out of it, and the watches. @_@

#6206 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Nice, two people going to AX.  I'm going too!

#6207 SPORK94  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:03 PM

Nice, two people going to AX.  I'm going too!

I'm really excited to pick up a Kara no Shoujo 2 Hard copy and Uchikoshi signing my ZTD like he signed my VLR last year.

#6208 minigendo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

Did you do anything to request the credit?  I've received no such notification from Amazon.

#6209 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37616 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Did you do anything to request the credit?  I've received no such notification from Amazon.

Nope, I just checked my credit balances and saw the $10 there. You might already have it.

#6210 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Yakuza 6’s Gets New Screenshot; Release Date Announcement Coming

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Is Now Available Worldwide For Smartphone

World of Final Fantasy screenshots