* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#6481 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:53 AM

My backlog is too strong so I dont mind not having ZTD for a while.

I know, right? I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions and plan to play Grand Kingdom next and those two just came out last month. Plenty more besides that to play.

And the game has been listed for (at this point) over a year and the last game came out 4 years ago. What's another month? Amazon probably just doesn't want to spend money shipping out two pieces of one item that wasn't their fault. It was wrong of them to say otherwise, but I can understand why they wouldn't.

#6482 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39796 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

Another month is a big deal once you accidentally read a spoiler somewhere. Considering the main appeal of the game is the story, having that spoiled pretty much kills the main reason to play it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6483 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:33 AM

Another month is a big deal once you accidentally read a spoiler somewhere. Considering the main appeal of the game is the story, having that spoiled pretty much kills the main reason to play it.

That's actually a fair point I hadn't considered.

Posted Image

#6484 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20382 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:36 AM

I'd be willing to give them leeway on this except

tumblr_o9x0u6EnoC1qiplzlo1_400.png

Lucky for you, none of those games will come with a watch.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6485 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:44 AM

What are you talking about?  Nobody has ever said Amazon damaged the watches.  The watches were apparently damaged in transit from China or wherever they were made and at some point, they came into Aksys' possession prior to being shipped out to the distributor.  After all, Gamestop didn't get their allocation either.  Aksys also said that they had the trade show watches manufactured on an expedited basis and that they were a separate batch from the damaged ones.  As such, none of what you said is accurate and it doesn't excuse very poor handling and logistics on the part of Aksys. 

Oh, apologies. Everything I've heard about this is quite hearsay.

Posted Image

#6486 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36065 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:56 AM

Did we know UPPERS might be getting localized?

http://psnprofiles.c...ies/5069-UPPERS - English trophy list

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga :ps4: The Evil Within 2; Nex Machina; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Shadow of Mordor GotY (4.25/5 :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns (4.25/5)

#6487 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:00 AM

Did we know UPPERS might be getting localized?

http://psnprofiles.c...ies/5069-UPPERS - English trophy list

Still waiting on Net High and Valkyrie Drive to come out. :P

#6488 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

Lucky for you, none of those games will come with a watch.

Well, the game isn't coming either since it's now 11pm and still not shipped

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6489 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10982 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Well, the game isn't coming either since it's now 11pm and still not shipped

Inb4 Superman delivers your package at 11:59

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#6490 Cephiros   Faux Dancer CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

So, I've been playing a ton of Future Tone. So far I'm in the top 100 for the 6.5, 7, and 7.5 star survival master courses. Today, I was at the cusp of getting knocked out on the 7 star course since i was #100 but I was able to get a better score.

Also got my first extreme perfect, but it was only on a 7.5 star chart. Extreme can be brutal since you need 95% or above to get an excellent instead of a 90% on the other modes. It makes trying to keep those holds going for as long as possible much more important.

Sorry to hear about everyone's Amazon and ZTD issues. I decided to pick up a stand alone copy at Gamestop. I never actually saw the CE when it went up for sale a long time ago.

Cephiros503.png

#6491 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3990 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

Berserk For PS4/PS3/PS Vita/PC Gets Brutal Direct Feed Screenshots Showing Casca, Judeau and More

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 European pre-order bonuses and special editions announced

Gravity Rush 2’s Japanese Release Date Will Be Announced on July 19th

10 minutes of World of Final Fantasy gameplay

Spoiler

PS4 Version of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X Gets New and Catchy Trailer

Spoiler

#6492 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

Inb4 Superman delivers your package at 11:59

tumblr_o9xpu2Zsha1qiplzlo1_400.png

Superman where are you now

When everything's gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6493 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3986 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

Now I wait and see if there'll be a Chinese physical release. If not, then I wait for it to go on sale. Ray Gigant was my leaning lesson.

Here's hoping this game is good.  I quite liked the first 2 seasons of the anime.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#6494 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

It's weird

First they said I was getting my delivery today, then I got another update that not until the 11th, and now not until the 13th. I'm guessing they're going to constantly delay it until the watches come in and ship them together.

I don't mind the wait personally because I'm nowhere near done with 999 and I haven't even started Virtue's Last Reward, but I feel bad for you guys who have been waiting for the 3rd game forever.

Posted Image

#6495 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2252 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

You mean like halfway through the game when

Spoiler

#6496 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

So whats the Shiren game about? Do you need to have played the previous entries to understand the plot?

#6497 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

So whats the Shiren game about? Do you need to have played the previous entries to understand the plot?

Plot haha! These games are very simple. A wanderer goes around killing monsters, staying in villages and getting stronger as your traverse more dangerous terrain. This is one of the older console rogue like games. It's pretty simple to get into but very hard. You move one square at a time (not sure how co-op will work) and go into monsters to attack them. Really though it's pure gameplay really, and I love these games. It may have a plot, but it should be self contained.

And now for something completely different:

Minori and Mangagamer should be working together to get Trinoline as an international release. While it's still being developed it will also be localized by Mangagamer at the same time to make the time between releases shorter. Excellent and another one to my buy list when it is released.

Link

#6498 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

New Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Lion Dance Version GSC Online Shop Exclusive:

Releases 12/2016

Link

4500 Yen + shipping which is likely 2000 yen

Very cool looking but expensive. I'm a sucker for exclusive Miku Nendos.

Kaneel1467860779.jpeg

#6499 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Gotta Protectors also coming to the 3DS eshop on July 21st for $7.99

Link

Cool 3DS eshop getting a lot of love lately.

#6500 NeoMonk  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

Spoiler

I see your Nendo & raise you

Spoiler

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#6501 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

Very nice though the nendo cost an arm, while the figma cost an arm and a leg. Racing Miku Figmas and Nendos with their sponsership prices never seem worth it to me. I may skip this Nendo as the Yen is just very strong. I am a sucker for the Nendo exclusives and have gotten the GSC and Wonfes ones for a while now.

#6502 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39796 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

I don't think figmas at normal prices are worth it. Definitely not interested in one that costs 2x-3x as much. 

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6503 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   515 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

I agree on the absurd price nendoroids and figmas are going for lately, it sucks.

I was really interested in the Gilgamesh figma recently announced.

Spoiler

But for 9800 Yen, there's no way I'm getting it. That's almost like twice the price of any other figma....

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Mario Kart 8, Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Injustice 2, Akibas Beat, Persona 5   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#6504 elessar123  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

The dragon dance one is adorable. At this rate, I'll have a Miku for every holiday.

Spoiler

#6505 Cephiros   Faux Dancer CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Gah, I want that Miku nendo but I really like the forced EMS 2000 Yen shipping that GSC requires. At least with Ami Ami, I can usually got Registered mail and it will be cheaper for shipping and they usually have a some money off the MSRP too.

Cephiros503.png

#6506 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3990 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

8-4 is Working Under NieR: Automata Creator’s Approval with Localization

7th Dragon III Code: VFD full trailer, all DLC free for the week following their release

Spoiler

The King of Fighters XIV Gets New Trailer Featuring Team Mexico

Spoiler

The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution Announced for PlayStation VR

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 PlayStation VR early-hands on event to be held in Japan this fall

#6507 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39796 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

So many reasons to get PS VR

Gah, I want that Miku nendo but I really like the forced EMS 2000 Yen shipping that GSC requires. At least with Ami Ami, I can usually got Registered mail and it will be cheaper for shipping and they usually have a some money off the MSRP too.

Eh. The savings you see on the item itself on Amiami are usually negated by their shipping being higher due shipping things in oversized boxes.

#6508 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

That's actually a fair point I hadn't considered.

True, that is a fair point, though I'm personally not too concerned. I don't recall any 999 or VLR spoilers back when they released. I think it's pretty niche that it shouldn't be a big worry for most, but I can understand why some might be.

#6509 1iQuiD   Insane in the membrane. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 PlayStation VR early-hands on event to be held in Japan this fall

I can name at least two...  :D/

Spoiler

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence... When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

tumblr n7ky1clhXT1te6nf5o4 R1 250

#6510 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 PlayStation VR early-hands on event to be held in Japan this fall

They might want to clean those VR sets before the next person tries them on.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing