* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#6751 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36128 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

This is really, really depressing to watch:

An actual MGS3 "remake" with those graphics (and maybe MGS V's control scheme) would be phenomenal.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Blue Reflection; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Dishonored: DotO (3.5/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#6752 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

You say Berserk and all I think of (fondly I might add) is this :

berzerk_2.png

One of my favorite Atari games of all time. As a kid, I always thought that the smiley-face enemy (Evil Otto) was put in the game as an evil version of Pac-Man. 

And you couldn't kill the bastard either. It's like that snow monster in Skifree. 

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#6753 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11017 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=sUz-rSjcrIQ

An actual MGS3 "remake" with those graphics (and maybe MGS V's control scheme) would be phenomenal.

Yeah but who in their right minds would want remakes when you can have Konami Pachinko machines with erotic violence, like Castlevania!

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#6754 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Agreed. But if I was in Japan and was addicted to gambling, this would be an awesome way of burning through my life savings.  :)

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warrios   :ps4: Need for Speed: Payback, Assassin's Creed Origins    :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#6755 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39856 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

Yeah but who in their right minds would want remakes when you can have Konami Pachinko machines with erotic violence, like Castlevania!

Didn't Konami start making more money after Kojima left and they started focusing on pachinko?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6756 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:22 PM

Konami has been in gambling for years now. I live in Vegas, and they have a HUGE facility here, and it's for nothing but gaming machines. There's more money in gambling than video games I suppose.

#6757 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

Konami has been in gambling for years now. I live in Vegas, and they have a HUGE facility here, and it's for nothing but gaming machines. There's more money in gambling than video games I suppose.

well part of it is it's not legally considered gambling since they don't win money in most cases so there are less taxes they are paying out.  Basically a whole bunch of lego mumbo jumbo that results in them getting alot of money for significantly less work.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#6758 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

Yeah man, when I got down here I thought that was so cool and wanted to work there...and then I realized the truth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6759 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:07 AM

I'd much rather a remake of the original Metal Gear, followed by one of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. 

The original MGS3 has aged pretty well, especially if played on the HD collection. Though, honestly, while a great game, it's still my least favorite of the MGS titles.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#6760 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11085 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

Just watched Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc Episode 1. I think the producer is the same one who did P4G anime, and is famous for being a stickler to the source material. I really liked it.

About to watch the Future Arc, I remember reading that the Future Arc will not spoil the Danganronpa 3 game, cannot find that source again though. Anybody remember that? I'd hate the spoil the game by watching the anime.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6761 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:22 PM

Just watched Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc Episode 1. I think the producer is the same one who did P4G anime, and is famous for being a stickler to the source material. I really liked it.

About to watch the Future Arc, I remember reading that the Future Arc will not spoil the Danganronpa 3 game, cannot find that source again though. Anybody remember that? I'd hate the spoil the game by watching the anime.

I have no idea if it spoils the 3rd but given the track history with the other one that spoils the game i'd bet it probably does too.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#6762 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:25 PM

Is it going to tie in at all? I'm reading the new game is not going to have any returning characters besides monokuma.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6763 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

Platinum Games Updates Nier: Automata Development Blog

The King of Fighters XIV demo launches July 19

Garou: Mark of the Wolves coming to PS4, PS Vita

#6764 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11085 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

I have no idea if it spoils the 3rd but given the track history with the other one that spoils the game i'd bet it probably does too.

Is it going to tie in at all? I'm reading the new game is not going to have any returning characters besides monokuma.

Honestly I cannot remember the article that explains it. That's why I am hesitant to watch the Future Arc. 

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6765 MoonBlossom  

MoonBlossom

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Honestly I cannot remember the article that explains it. That's why I am hesitant to watch the Future Arc.

After watching the first episode it seems like it's going to be a prequel to the game.

#6766 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:38 AM

I haven't been this excited about a fighting game since SFA3!

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#6767 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3513 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:26 AM

I thought the third Danganronpa game was a separate story and that the whole current story would be resolved in the anime. 

I saw the first episode of Future and couldn't finish it. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but just couldn't sit through it. 

#6768 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11085 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:23 AM

I thought the third Danganronpa game was a separate story and that the whole current story would be resolved in the anime. 

Thanks, that's what I remember reading about too, that it will not spoil the game. Will watch the first episode, I actually liked Despair EP1 mostly due to how they accurately reflected the game, not too sure about the new character (will not mention to avoid spoilers for others), let's see how that new character plays out.

EDIT: Just finished watching it. Not bad.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6769 Cephiros   Faux Dancer CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

Been playing through ZTD, and uh, so far, While MIra is super hot, but um, yeah....

Cephiros503.png

#6770 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5228 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Decent week. Gal Gun was originally set to release this week, but due to production issues it has been pushed back (which I guess includes the digital release?). Not much else to say this week.

Other stuff that released without warning last week that are all on PC/Steam:
- Angel Express [Tokkyu Tenshi] (Racing Platformer)

- Hikikomori No Chuunibyou (Adventure Platformer)

Weekly Releases (July 17th - July 23rd)

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: First-Person Shooter
- Demo: N/A
- Online: Yes.

- Comments: Why, Nintendo, why.

I am Setsuna

- Platform(s): PS4, PC
- Genre: RPG
- Online: N/A

- Comments: If you fall for the Chrono Trigger hype, you're probably going to have a bad time.

Moon Hunters

- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action Adventure / RPG

- Comments: Not really Japanese, but fits well enough. Previously released on PC.

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair

- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Third-Person Shooter

- Comments: Previously released on the PS4. I really hope online isn't broken.

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault

- Genre: Tower Defense / Action

- Comments: Previously released on the PS4 & Vita.

Hunter's Legacy

- Genre: Metroidvania
- Demo: Yes.

- Comments: Not really Japanese.

Empty Horizons

- Genre: Visual Novel

The Afterglow of Grisaia

- Genre: Visual Novel

Past Releases

July 10th - July 16th

July 3rd - July 9th

June 26th - July 2nd

June 19th - June 25th

June 12th - June 18th

#6771 HunteR7411   Yoshi!!! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HunteR7411

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Been playing through ZTD, and uh, so far, While MIra is super hot, but um, yeah....

Don't stick it in the crazy!

#6772 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

On ZTD. I think Im about 60% through the game. I find Team Q kinda unless and not interesting enough. I did find out who Q was and I didnt really care. I absolutely hate Eric.

shadowneko003.png

Currently Playing: :ps2: : none :psp: : Final Fantasy VII & Tales of Eternia  :ps3: : Assassin's Creed Liberation :3ds: : Gyakuten Kenji 2

If you buy anything from me, when sending payment, PLEASE include a NOTE with your CAG name! =]

#6773 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

Fresh off the EVO 2016 Guilty Gear grand finals, we had an announcement that Dizzy would be joining the game tomorrow. The DLC will be free for the first two weeks I think, and you can download it even if you don't have the game yet if I remember correctly.

http://shoryuken.com...-cast-tomorrow/

The link does not a have a trailer embedded yet, but they do have a replay of the entire finals. They don't have the correct time-stamp, so go to around 7:36:00 if you want to check her out (Get it?).

Dizzy looks terrific too!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#6774 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Am I a pedo cuzz I like Dizzy and she is only 8?

#6775 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:56 PM

Why would you say that

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#6776 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39856 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'd much rather a remake of the original Metal Gear, followed by one of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. 

I'd trade MGSV's existence for either of those things. In fact, that's what MGSV should have been to begin with instead of the bad fanfiction level story it ended up being.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6777 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9836 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

Fresh off the EVO 2016 Guilty Gear grand finals, we had an announcement that Dizzy would be joining the game tomorrow. The DLC will be free for the first two weeks I think, and you can download it even if you don't have the game yet if I remember correctly.

http://shoryuken.com...-cast-tomorrow/

The link does not a have a trailer embedded yet, but they do have a replay of the entire finals. They don't have the correct time-stamp, so go to around 7:36:00 if you want to check her out (Get it?).

Dats cool. Whens Bridget?

#6778 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:40 AM

Mileena is like 1 in MK9 and I creamed my pants when I saw her.

Some think there might be other concerns other than the pedo aspect with her... but I can't imagine why.

Spoiler

#6779 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:48 AM

Is am setusna going to get a physical release anywhere or sometime down the road?

#6780 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

Is am setusna going to get a physical release anywhere or sometime down the road?

There hasn't been any announcements that one would be, though they did give us the typical, "This might be released on Vita if the digital sales are good enough." Japan got physical releases, but my guess is it'll have to sell well in the US. I'm going to buy it eventually, but maybe not immediately. 

Please check out my mom's books - https://museituppubl...367-susan-royal

Cloyd-Royal.png
Currently Playing:  :ps4: Tales of Berseria :  :vita: Summon Night 6 :  :psp:  7th Dragon 2020 : :pc: Trails in the Sky SC :  :3ds: Dragon Quest V

Games Beaten 2017

Spoiler

Games Beaten 2016

Spoiler