* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#1291 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Plutia spin off confirmed

#1292 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2953 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

Oh Lord.

#1293 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8806 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

If anyone wants Bravely Second demo code PM me. I never played the first game (though I completed the demo for that game haha). I wont be rushing to play this anytime soon.

#1294 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20813 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

Not sure I want to play the demo, they may have censored it.

#1295 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2075 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:07 AM

PM STUDIOS PLAYS SUPERBEAT XONiC LIVESTREAM
https://twitter.com/...632646131097601

Thanks Davey! i was able to watch it in time & to my surprise even won a dlc song. So thanks for posting up all the news you do.

#1296 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:05 AM

Bandai Namco will add seven new Digimon to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth in a worldwide update due out this Thursday, March 10 at 12 a.m. PT / 3 a.m. ET / 17:00 Japan time.

The latest in Koei Tecmo’s series of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 character trailers introduces Kokoro.

#1297 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I don't feel satisfaction if I play it on Casual. Classic/Hard is the way to go for me, ever since Fire Emblem came stateside.

I'm playing through Birthright on Casual, but planning to play Conquest on Classic/Hard.  I'm enjoying Birthright this way, but it becomes more like a visual novel and less of a hardcore strategy game.  This approach is almost like a harder "New Game+" with a different story.

#1298 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11259 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Wasnt sure where else to post it for maximum visibility since the New 3DS threads are moved, but AmiAmi just posted 3 new sets of cover plates based on Mickey/Minnie Mouse

http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

#1299 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Davey! i was able to watch it in time & to my surprise even won a dlc song. So thanks for posting up all the news you do.

Thank you! It's no problem. That's awesome you won something! I actually ended up winning a DLC pack, too. :) I really wanted the Guilty Gear or Blazblue/Magical Beat DLC, but beggars can't be choosers. I'll probably just go ahead and buy them now since I got my least favorite one out of the way. Well anyways, It's cool we both ended up getting something for free and not just wasting time. I had wanted to tell them they should charge less for their DLC or to add more songs to the packs, but since they gave me one I thought the timing might be inappropriate. Lol. Well played, PM Studios...

#1300 bigstew  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

I'm playing through Birthright on Casual, but planning to play Conquest on Classic/Hard.  I'm enjoying Birthright this way, but it becomes more like a visual novel and less of a hardcore strategy game.  This approach is almost like a harder "New Game+" with a different story.

i personally hate srpg's, but am about anime girls, i dont have the patience to play it regularly, love the easy mode and skip animations, was able to be birth in about 35 and conquest in about 25, started revelation but stopped till the dlc is finished releasing, think i will still stay away from srpgs in the future but did enjoy my time with this one

#1301 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

Stranger of Sword City for Xbox One third trailer, $10 off pre-order campaign announced

Metroid Prime: Federation Force supports Circle Pad Pro and Gyro Sensor controls

Level-5 CEO teases new Inazuma Eleven announcement

Etrian Odyssey V's first gameplay footage goes dungeon exploring

My Hero Academia for 3DS launches May 19 in Japan

Monster Hunter Generations is up for pre-order at Amazon

PlayStation Vita Aqua Blue (GameStop Refurbished) for $119.99

Ace Attorney 6 English subbed spring 2016 trailer

#1302 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1652 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

Plutia spin off confirmed

Looks like Vert to me, but I would prefer Plutia.

#1303 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

Compile Heart announces Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates for PS Vita

The latest entry in Compile Heart’s Genkai Tokki series, which includes games like Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle, is Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates for PS Vita, Dengeki Online has revealed.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition to add Netogo no Yome’s Ako and Lucian via paid DLC

Way of the Samurai 3 coming to PC via Steam

A release date was not announced, but Ghostlight have said that they are “confident that the game could be ready for release in the near future.”

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 Details Its Characters And Story

Inti Creates has now provided us with a few more details about Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, including information on its characters and story.

#1304 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

The latest entry in Compile Heart’s Genkai Tokki series, which includes games like Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle, is Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates for PS Vita, Dengeki Online has revealed.

330_zpsjpuusmpn.jpg

#1305 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:13 PM

To make Sov jelly.

Project Diva 2nd F is a LOT harder than the first. Ouch.

Mirai feels somewhere between that, just right for newcomers and insane hardcore divas alike.

#1306 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

Hatsune Miku and Lightning Appear in “The Australian” Newspaper

Dark Souls III Rated "M" by the ESRB

Samurai Warriors 4: Empires Trophy List Is Up On PSNProfiles

Toys"R"Us Preparing a Restock of the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo for $39.99 on March 20

Hyrule Warriors Legends Is Getting An Update In Japan Later This Month

Visual Novel ‘Flowers’ Delayed to Improve Quality

Sunrider: Liberation Day Getting a “Re-Launch”

Black Desert Online Facing Account Issues

#1307 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hatsune Miku and Lightning Appear in “The Australian” Newspaper

Two of my favorite things.

Project Diva 2nd F is a LOT harder than the first. Ouch.

Mirai feels somewhere between that, just right for newcomers and insane hardcore divas alike.

I have problems with Mirai because MS and Nintendo can't come to a universal agreement on where buttons should be.

#1308 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

The video shows off new weapons and monsters, while giving some details on the bonuses players of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate can expect. 

On a related note, the SNK Playmore official Twitter profile has also revealed a few hours ago that an important meeting focused on The King of Fighters XIV will be held on April 26th in Tokyo.

#1309 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition to add Netogo no Yome’s Ako and Lucian via paid DLC

Husband and Wife team in Dengeki Bunko. nice.

And Pirates?

1zwzxfn.jpg

#1310 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   620 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Stranger of Sword City for Xbox One third trailer, $10 off pre-order campaign announced

Sweet. Will be getting this on the Xbox One.

#1311 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Two of my favorite things.

I have problems with Mirai because MS and Nintendo can't come to a universal agreement on where buttons should be.

You don't mean Sony? I think the M$ fanboys would throw up a bit in their mouths if Miku ever made a debut on the XBox One. 

That said I'd L.O.L. if Sega ever pulled that off.

#1312 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

You don't mean Sony? I think the M$ fanboys would throw up a bit in their mouths if Miku ever made a debut on the XBox One.

That said I'd L.O.L. if Sega ever pulled that off.

MS fanboys are bad people in that case.

And I just want a,b,x,y to be in the same places for both companies. My brain confuses the two layouts since I've used both a lot. Sony's layout uses random symbols so I don't get confused.

#1313 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Oh it's the curry artist. I like his/her cute style. But aren't they doing that monpiece sequel on android/ios? I don't get why they combine moero chronicles and monpiece under the same series. They should just separate the card game as its own series.

#1314 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

UN Committee Pressures Japan to Regulate Games that “Reinforce Sexual Violence” Against Women

My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Leaked by Data Miners

Learn to Get Rewards in Yo-kai Watch’s New Trailer

First Details on Universal Studio’s Nintendo Theme Park Emerge

New Amiibo Card Series 4 Album Headed To Europe In June

Anonymous;Code Visual Novel's First 2 Characters Revealed

#1315 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

UN Committee Pressures Japan to Regulate Games that “Reinforce Sexual Violence” Against Women

The Women’s Institute of Contemporary Media Culture burned the UN with their retort. Man, late on the news Dualshockers.

tl;dr: No. Told the UN to focus on real women first.

We are absolutely in agreement that the protection of the rights of women in Japan is important. On the other hand, we think it should be carefully and seriously evaluated whether the measures taken to ensure those protections are valid ones or not. If we are asked to consider whether “Protecting Women’s Rights in Japan” requires us to “Ban the Sale of Manga and Video Games Depicting Sexual Violence,” then we must reply that that is an absolute “no.”

Reasons for Our Opinion:

Reason #1 – The so-called sexual violence in manga and video games is a made-up thing and as such does not threaten the rights of actual people; therefore, it is meaningless in protecting the rights of women.

Reason #2 – In Japan, and especially when it comes to manga, these are creative fields that women themselves cultivated and worked hard by their own hand to create careers for themselves. If we were to “ban the sale of manga that includes sexual violence,” it would do the opposite and instead create a new avenue of sexism toward women.

Detailed Explanation of Reasons:

About Reason #1 – It goes without saying that the rape and other crimes of actual real people who experience sexual acts from partners without consent is an actual violation of their rights concerning sexual violence and should obviously be forbidden by law, and that it’s necessary to protect and support victims. However, the figures in manga and video games are creative fictions that do not actually exist, and thus this is not a violation of any real person’s human rights. We should focus on attacking the problems that affect real women’s human rights as quickly as possible.

About Reason #2 – In Japan, and especially when it comes to manga, these are creative fields that women themselves cultivated and worked hard by their own hand to create careers for themselves.Already in the 70s there were women-focused manga magazines and many talented women manga writers came from them.In this way, before the Equal Opportunity Employment Act for Men and Women passed in 1986, there was already a space where women flourished and had established the “shoujo manga” genre. And of course, within women’s manga, sometimes the topic was of romance and sex […] In this way, it can be predicted that if we were to ban the sale of “manga that depicts sexual violence,” a great deal of publishers would cease publication of a huge amount of works. In the creative field of manga, the effect would be that women who have worked so hard to create a place for vibrant careers would have that place shrink right in front of them, as well as have their efforts negated. In addition, if we were to put ourselves in the places of manga readers the chance to know about the history of the sexual exploitation of women would be lost and method for them to come to know about it. If the creative fields of manga were attacked, trampled on and destroyed with such prejudice, it would damage not only the women manga writers, but also spread to other women creators in the field, as well as the female readers. This would be a sexist punishment that only narrows the career possibilities of Japan’s women

[…]

Conclusion:

As stated above, we cannot say that banning the sale of manga and video games that “depict sexual violence” is valid, even if we were to agree that the goal of protecting the rights of women is correct.

There is nothing to be gained from regulating fictional sexual violence. However, while you’re trying to fix the rights of fictional characters, you’re leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot. As well, in Japan, the entire reason we have a media genre such as manga that developed to take on themes such as the sexual exploitation of women came from an attitude to tolerate “drinking the pure and the dirty without prejudice.” It’s because we had the freedom to express our views and with that to express the view of a world of humans that live and die, that there are pure and wonderful things and dirty and nasty things mixed with each other.

Manga is a field where women have put in their hard work and effort to cut forward paths and cultivate a place of their own. We believe that in order to protect this place from being trampled on, it will need our continued hard work to pass it on to the next generation, and it is this effort that will link to the greater freedom and rights of women.

#1316 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

Visual Novel ‘Flowers’ Delayed to Improve Quality

JAST is the king of missing deadlines.  I don't think they've ever released a game on schedule.  Though I suppose that accidentally hiring a translator that doesn't know Japanese will do that.

#1317 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

I can always go for more Picross. Especially if it's Zelda and free

#1318 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

i received the Bravely Second: End Layer demo code from bestbuy . if any1 wants it, first person to quote this post gets it

#1319 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

The Women’s Institute of Contemporary Media Culture burned the UN with their retort. Man, late on the news Dualshockers.

tl;dr: No. Told the UN to focus on real women first.

If we're banning media with sexual violence against women maybe we should test the waters by banning shows like Law and Order: SVU and 90% of Lifetime movies, and see how that goes over with their audiences.

#1320 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

If we're banning media with sexual violence against women maybe we should test the waters by banning shows like Law and Order: SVU and 90% of Lifetime movies, and see how that goes over with their audiences.

Banning Lifetime could only be a good thing.