* * * * - 22 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#14881 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Bomberman R on Switch is now 60 FPS.

EO0hMQWYQl.gif

#14882 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39427 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

Will buy if they add online as an option for story co-op.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#14883 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8875 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:04 AM

Still waiting for them to add Bridget in Guilty Gear 

#14884 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3567 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Ys VIII for PS4 goes gold

Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded Entire Main Story Special Demo now available for PS4 in Japan - DL

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Gets Character Trailer and Gameplay Aplenty

-

NieR: Automata PS4 Digital Sales and Shipments Top 500,000 in Japan and Asia

New Yakuza in the works, series general director confirms

"As long as Yakuza 6 is labeled “the final chapter of Kazuma Kiryu,” we won’t be saying anything like, “just kidding!”

#14885 elessar123  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Still waiting for them to add Bridget in Guilty Gear 

I want him to come back Ladybeard style. It's only logical.

Spoiler

#14886 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3806 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

I want him to come back Ladybeard style. It's only logical.

oh god.  that attack on titan madoka magica cross over art 

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#14887 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:17 AM

Blazblue Central Fiction releasing on Steam on April 26th

New domain registrations hint at Persona 5 fighting game (Take this with a huuuuuge grain of salt, after reading the entire article and the comments, it appears there are misunderstandings everywhere.) It would be pretty cool to see a P5 Fighter though, especially when most of the P5 cast have their Phantom Thieves costumes and weapons looking like actual characters that should be in fighting games, unlike the P4 cast. 

Check out my new album! Worse of Black (Friday) Featuring: BlackRock Spears, Andrea BRWcelli, and the Back Street Waifus

Oops! Target's Ad Sucks Again     Best Buy has Come Through     Dump it on Trash Day

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge

#14888 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

unlike the P4 cast. 

6TrNZPg.gif

EO0hMQWYQl.gif

#14889 JakeM17   Semper Fi CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

I got a $5 PlayAsia coupon if anyone wants it. Expires July 5th

#14890 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8875 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

We need to get Persona 3 Dancing and Persona Racing first.

#14891 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

We need to get Persona 3 Dancing and Persona Racing first.

I'm still surprised they didn't release a ton of P3 DLC for P4DAN, but I guess they'd rather give it it's own game.

#14892 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Put Ann in the friend zone today. Felt good. 

#14893 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

I'm going for Ann but after having Makoto for a little bit might switch to her.

#14894 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'm going for Ann but after having Makoto for a little bit might switch to her.

I spent one level of confidant with her and knew I was gonna friend zone her. She's dumber than a bag of rocks. 

#14895 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3567 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

Bravely Second: End Layer Has Sold 700k Units Worldwide by its 2nd Anniversary

Fire Emblem Echoes Gets New English Gameplay Trailer Showing the Basics of Strategy

Spoiler

Photos of the Fire Emblem Echoes – Valentia Complete edition

Kotaku gets Flak for trying to create Persona 5 Localization Drama

#14896 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1668 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

does that jp touhou demo give out trophies?

#14897 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:33 AM

Kotaku... Create... Drama? I'm shocked!  :roll:

EO0hMQWYQl.gif

#14898 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   7768 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

Valkyrie Drive PSvita is in stock at BBY again woop

#14899 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

Is it good?

#14900 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Wow, I wasn't expecting much from an article by a site called "oneangrygamer" but this article is really well written. There is a ton of supporting info and references, all the quotes are clearly laid out, the timeline is easy to follow, and the central argument is sound and well supported. Unlike the Kotaku articles that seem like opinionated blog posts. Kudos to them for keeping journalism integrity.

A little surprising is that the user metacritic score for P5 is lower than the reviewer one. Most of the games on metacritic keeps that trend, but I'd expect for a niche game like this to have a more supporting and direct community. 

Is it good?

I didn't really like it compared to the Senran Kagura games. It feels a lot more rigid, and lacks the crazy/chaotic nature of the SK games. The number of enemies on screen are a lot less, and special moves are less flashy. The game is also a lot more technical, which isn't a bad thing, requiring dashes, combos, and a system where you can track your enemy through air dashes. The art is really nice though. Overall, it's a lot more complicated than the SK games, and not just a simple button masher. Not a bad game, it might not be what you expect if you've played SK and Neptunia U/Blanc Zombies.

Check out my new album! Worse of Black (Friday) Featuring: BlackRock Spears, Andrea BRWcelli, and the Back Street Waifus

Oops! Target's Ad Sucks Again     Best Buy has Come Through     Dump it on Trash Day

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge

#14901 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

Wow, I wasn't expecting much from an article by a site called "oneangrygamer" but this article is really well written. There is a ton of supporting info and references, all the quotes are clearly laid out, the timeline is easy to follow, and the central argument is sound and well supported. Unlike the Kotaku articles that seem like opinionated blog posts. Kudos to them for keeping journalism integrity.

A little surprising is that the user metacritic score for P5 is lower than the reviewer one. Most of the games on metacritic keeps that trend, but I'd expect for a niche game like this to have a more supporting and direct community.

The backlash that P5's translation has been getting is absolutely bizarre. There's been a handful of weird lines and people are acting like Atlus is robbing people. Although it's interesting to note that the people who are really pushing that side of the argument defended Fire Emblem Fates translation.

You did get me curious about the reviews though so I checked the low ones and it's mostly just people that either have no interest in the genre, think that P5 looks dated or want to complain about the streaming restrictions (like saying the CEO should be fired for it).

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14902 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Is there a penalty for multiple love interests in P5? Or will I be slut shamed like I was in P3 and P4 Golden?

#14903 DarthPwner  

DarthPwner

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Is there a penalty for multiple love interests in P5? Or will I be slut shamed like I was in P3 and P4 Golden?

This. I have a bunch of high rank females that i will have to make a decision on during the next rank up event... Want to do all so i can just get rank 10 and leave them be

#14904 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Quite a few games this week with Puyo Puyo Tetris finally hitting the states to wash out this bad Ubisoft aftertaste. List is a little long since I added about 4 or 5 extra that weren't exactly asian developed, but they had themes that kinda fit the thread. Also it looks like Shiness from last week seems to have turned out pretty worthwhile.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- NEKO-NIN exHeart (Visual Novel | 18+ Patch)
- Fantasy Farming: Orange Season (Farm Sim | Brazillian)
- 猫肉「Cat Meat」 (Platformer)
- The Charming Empire (Visual Novel / Otome)
- Uncharted Waters / 大航海時代 (RPG | JP Only)
- Taikou Risshiden / 太閤立志伝 (RPG | JP Only)
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms Ⅴ with Power Up Kit / 三國志Ⅴ with パワーアップキット (Strategy | JP Only)
- Games&Girls (Visual Novel)
- Army Gals (Visual Novel)

Weekly Releases (April 23rd - April 29th)

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Previously released on the Switch and PC.

Dragon Quest Heroes II
- Platform(s): PS4, PC
- Genre: Musou / Action
- Demo: Yes.
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: About time it has online co-op. Switch version is currently JP only with no word on localization.

Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Puzzle
- Comments: Finally out in English.

Little Nightmares
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Puzzle-Platformer / Horror
- Comments: Swedish Dev. Published by Bamco.

Kamiko
- Platform(s): Switch eShop
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Comments: Digital only.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Racing
- Comments: Updated version of Mario Kart 8. Some DLC Karts from the original will be unlocked in-game.

BlazBlue Centralfiction
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: 2D Fighter

Agatha Knife
- Genre: Adventure
- Comments: Spanish dev.

de Blob
- Genre: Platform-Puzzle
- Comments: Previously released on the Wii. Technically not Japanese.

Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol.1
- Genre: Kinetic Novel

Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol.2
- Genre: Kinetic Novel

Blossoms Bloom Brightest
- Genre: Visual Novel / Yuri

Super Red-Hot Hero
- Platform(s):
- Genre: Side-Scroller / Platformer
- Comments: Spanish Dev. Kickstarter title.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch. 5 Meakashi
- Genre: Visual Novel

PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Comments: Previously released on PS4 & Vita.

Moe Mekuri SP - 萌めくりSP -
- Genre: Puzzle
- Comments: JP only.

Past Releases
April 16th - April 22nd
April 9th - April 15th
April 2nd - April 8th
March 26th - April 1st
March 19th - March 25th

#14905 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Dating doesn't really have an effect on the story in any way. You get a scene on a certain day no matter how many you date or even if you don't date anybody. There's a usable (useless) item associated with that day and that item will carry over to NG+ but has no real bearing on anything. So if you date multiple, someone might take pity on you.

#14906 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

I wish Sony would make Freedom Wars 2 with a better crafting system and more enemy variety
Posted Image

#14907 EbuyProducts  

EbuyProducts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thank you for this.

#14908 Skeptik82   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Thanks brophy, with a 10 dollar certificate in tow, it was time to bite on this game. Root Letter is available too along with other weeb Vita games.

#14909 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Gun Gal is also back in stock for Vita and PS4 at BBY.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#14910 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8875 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

I didn't really see nothing bad about P5's localization. I honestly thought it was great. There are some questionable things. But overall, it is enjoyable. Just trying to stir up drama for dem clicks.