* * * * - 23 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#15571 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Sega Announces New Corporate Identity Based on the “Amazing Sega” Concept; Promises Surprises

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Gets New Battle Screenshots

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Details New Battle Mode, Ryuji, And Arata

Dragon Quest XI Details Its Mysterious Forge System For Crafting And Enhancing

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows for PS4, PS Vita, and PC Gets New and Dark Screenshots

-

Warriors All-Stars details story, character interaction systems

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Receives Western Release Date; Includes Pillowcase

Spoiler

#15572 sovereignNX-73811   Misses great deals but has no room to store them :-( CAGiversary!   5596 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hmm...Wonder why the sudden marketing push from Sega. It isn't to sell Sonic that's for sure.  :lol:

And don't judge me, but I'm only 26 hours into Persona 5 and am probably on the day that I'm supposed to find the 3rd palace. I'll get back to it

Spoiler

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#15573 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

You beat me to the end!  I've been slacking so hard, addicted to FE: Heroes and doing other spring time outdoors stuff.  

Finally some talk about FE Heroes in this thread haha, it's been a while. How are you doing in the game? I'm really satisfied with the constant updates the game has been getting (Equippable seals, Defensive battles, Terrain advantages, Arena adjustments...etc). I'm currently working on leveling up Celica that I was fortunate enough to summon the other day :)

Guess I'll be getting this for Switch instead then.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Mario Kart 8, Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Injustice 2, Akibas Beat, Persona 5   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#15574 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5690 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Finally some talk about FE Heroes in this thread haha, it's been a while. How are you doing in the game? I'm really satisfied with the constant updates the game has been getting (Equippable seals, Defensive battles, Terrain advantages, Arena adjustments...etc). I'm currently working on leveling up Celica that I was fortunate enough to summon the other day :)

Guess I'll be getting this for Switch instead then.

Awesome, dude.  Grats on Celica!   She's a monster.  Hopefully you got something cool like +atk or +spd nature.  We've relegated the FE: Heroes talk to the thread over here because it annoys other people.  So come on over here and chat with us!  It's in the largely unused 'mobile' forum section under 'video game discussions'.  https://www.cheapass...es-ike-is-here/  I've been playing it pretty hardcore the last month or longer.  Been totally addicted to a mobile game for the first time in my life.  I'm kind of ashamed.   But you can't help what the body wants. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#15575 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2419 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

I managed to beat Nier: Automata, at least like 95% of it, now that I've given Persona 5 a little rest. I think both games aren't meant to be played in continuous sittings, and it might hurt a player's opinion of the game if one tries to rush through them.

That being said, I've come to realize Nier is nothing short of a masterpiece. It is truly a work of art. Others, myself included, have already spoken of how great the gameplay/combat is, so I won't elaborate on that. I will say though, the boss battles are mind-blowing, there's a mixture of God of War, Bayonetta, and Devil May Cry in there. The music during these fights, the scope, the dialogue, the stakes on the line, and the sudden changes in gameplay come together so well that you get entranced by the action on screen. 

But my favorite part of the game is the story and presentation of it all (or the Booty.) The narrative is a bit confusing at first, but once it comes together in the end, it's like watching a Christopher Nolan movie, and has you still amazed and thinking about it days after you beat it. A lot of little details they don't tell you, but once you fill in the blanks with your own assumptions, you can't help but gasp at how deep the story is. And everything is told from different perspectives, mind-bending experiences, boss-battles, etc. But the true star of it all are the side quests, and if you thought the Witcher 3 had some emotional and impactful ones, then hoo boy, are you in for a treat!

It's been given high praise, but I still feel like it's very underrated, it's not on most gaming site/magazine's top 25 PS4 games list, which is a shame, as I would put it in the top 10. It's not just a video game but a unique experience you can't get anywhere else, an emotional rollercoster, and I think Indignate would agree, and Indignate is never wrong so there you have it. 

I don't like to use the number/10 system to rate games anymore, so I give this game a golden panda. Highly recommend it.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#15576 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

That's what happens when you come out in between persona and zelda. You get overshadowed.

#15577 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

I only got to get through 1 play through before I sold it because persona 5 had me addicted at the time. Still trying to finish it soon so I can get back to nier.

#15578 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5040 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

That's what happens when you come out in between persona and zelda. You get overshadowed.

That and it used a absolutely terrible ending system where people who get the route A ending will drop the game. They should have taken that shit out and made the first four/five endings into one. Plus the second route is repetitive as shit.

#15579 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

That and it used a absolutely terrible ending system where people who get the route one ending will drop the game. They should have taken that shit out and made the first four/five endings into one. Plus the second route is repetitive as shit.

This too. I never played the original more than once even though you learn more and more with each subsequent playthrough until you get to the true ending, and then it deletes your save... some sort psychological effect that makes you feel already completed the game and don't feel like you need to replay the same game to get new endings.

#15580 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3438 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

I managed to beat Nier: Automata, 

I've gone back to it now that I beat P5 (140 hours) and it's still great. I'm excited for how it'll open up, because there's a lot of intrigue in the world alone. 

I really want to try and play the PS3 Nier, but I don't think I have the patience for another RPG right now

#15581 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2419 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

That and it used a absolutely terrible ending system where people who get the route A ending will drop the game. They should have taken that shit out and made the first four/five endings into one. Plus the second route is repetitive as shit.

Yeah, I think hiding the last 3rd of the game wasn't the best idea either, I didn't really like 9S, so it was a bit of a struggle through that part. Had I not known about the eventual other endings, I probably would've given up. But that first ending in my opinion already makes the game complete. They could've ended it then and I would be perfectly fine with the game length and how the story wrapped up. Similar to how I thought MGS V should've ended at chapter 45.

The 2nd route wasn't completely terrible though, I give them a lot of credit for thinking things out. For example, the gameplay is very different with hacking involved. Also, large chunks of the story were cut out or changed, and additional story elements were added. You didn't have to redo any side quests, and there were also fewer character specific ones. The 1st story took 25 hours for me, the 2nd one only 4-5 hours. After that, the last 3rd was a surprised and a gift for gamers willing to stick around. How many games are willing to take a risk like that?

This game got overshadowed, but I feel worse for Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. There was even less coverage on those.

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#15582 elessar123  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

I only got to get through 1 play through before I sold it because persona 5 had me addicted at the time. Still trying to finish it soon so I can get back to nier.

That sucks, cause path 3 blows the rest away.

Yeah, I think hiding the last 3rd of the game wasn't the best idea either, I didn't really like 9S, so it was a bit of a struggle through that part.

What? 9S best girl.

Edit: lol, for some reason I thought you meant A2. Brainfart. Still, 9S third best girl!

Spoiler

#15583 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia ‘Season Pass’ trailer

Spoiler

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash patch 1.08 now available in Japan, adds new rule, map, and episodes

Iwaihime:Matsuri’s Opening Animation Shows Its characters And A Taste Of Its Horror

The King of Fighters XIV Hits Steam On June 15

KonoSuba game first-print limited edition shooting game bonus trailer

Muv-Luv Alternative Receives New English Trailer for Upcoming Steam Release

Tekken 7 Receives New Story Trailer Detailing The Mishima Family’s Feud

#15584 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

From some VN translated game impressions.

Hatsukoi 1/1

This VN has a very high production and pretty good music and voices for all the characters. It also has good art and great backgrounds. It reminds me somewhat of Love, Election & Chocolate (forgot the Japanese name of this one). That one was pretty good though and had me rooting for all the characters. This one is a whole other story.

First of all the main character in this one is super wishy washy and just plain stupid to the point of being ignorant. He doesn't respond normally to flirting and confessions and even stuff like figuring out what to do in his life. He literally just goes with the flow and follows it to the point of not abandoning an idea when it's put in front of him, even if the idea is pure garbage...as long as he's being cheered by someone. I rolled my eyes at the endless stupidity that went in in a lot of the routes (I haven't done one of them). I almost don't want to do that route as I heard that route was pure stupidity.

I mentioned that the main character sucks and is one of the worst I've seen in a VN, but some of the ladies are just as bad. I don't want to spoil anything but so far 2 of the routes I did were pretty alright with one of them being an actual good one. Of course the girl in that one was said to be controlling, but honestly the MC needed to be pushed. The other 2 it seemed like the MC was just going with the worst of the worst things and letting external forces control too much of everything. This leads to horrible stories and just a horrible awful feeling for everything. Hell half the time even the characters in the game don't want to hang out with the MC. I totally understand. The girls make as many irrational decisions as the MC though.

Frankly this game is a bad VN. There is mass melodrama all over and this MC is so stupid and idiotic and non committal that I couldn't ever cheer him on. Maya was wasted on this idiot (adorable character and good route!). I'm rating this below a lot of VNs including some like Chronoclock, whose routes I felt were underdeveloped. This one had very developed routes, but they were so bad I wish I didn't look too much into this one.

If you're thinking of trying this one....I feel this one is more a waste of time. If you do decide to read it....just do the Maya route. That one really worked for me and the MC was forced into action and being truthful in this route, so he comes off being alright at least.

Overall an easy 5.5 or maybe 6/10. Not the worst thing I read....but a waste of time nonetheless. Too much drama...not enough common sense.

#15585 ar4757  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

This game got overshadowed, but I feel worse for Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. There was even less coverage on those.

I think Yakuza 0 did good considering it's Yakuza :P

Also I'm glad Kiwami is only gonna be $30 I think I read, I figured it would be full price!

I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#15586 ar4757  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Also - I beat P5 yesterday! Not sure where I'd rank it in terms of the other games in the series. The ending may or may not have felt like it dragged a little to me, but it certainly was interesting. Just felt really long, I finished near 140 hours, way longer than my P3 and P4 playthroughs

I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#15587 sovereignNX-73811   Misses great deals but has no room to store them :-( CAGiversary!   5596 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

I don't know if anyone posted this but There's a Futaba figure being worked on. I know, I know, she's not best girl and all, settle down.

Spoiler

Lol, I guess AKG decided to brand her headphones... http://a.co/5UfPfwI

The best AKG headphone I heard was the K240. I still have an older Austria-made pair in mothballs somewhere (before they decided to manufacture them in China). But....I kinda take her for more of a http://a.co/0SEU5pX or a http://a.co/1LLquuN fan. 

Oh! What a coincidence, I happen to have those headphones. 

I get the feeling most of you P5 fans are judging me right now.

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#15588 elessar123  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

We judge everyone.

Sae.png

Spoiler

#15589 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

Tf6QJEy.png

#15590 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2419 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

What? 9S best girl.

Edit: lol, for some reason I thought you meant A2. Brainfart. Still, 9S third best girl!

What about Devola and Popola? 5th? Then the operators? 7th? Anemone and the commander? 9th?

I don't know if anyone posted this but There's a Futaba figure being worked on. I know, I know, she's not best girl and all, settle down.

Spoiler

JbnBG4a.gif

#15591 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1030 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

https://www.amazon.c...ia+limited&th=1

There's another thread about it, but I think it makes sense to post it here as well. The FE Echoes LE is in stock on Amazon again for now

Posted Image

#15592 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

https://www.amazon.c...ia+limited&th=1

There's another thread about it, but I think it makes sense to post it here as well. The FE Echoes LE is in stock on Amazon again for now

And at best buy

#15593 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Spoiler

Sweet! That's the one with interchangeable parts, I'm very tempted to pre-order it. And don't worry, I won't judge you (especially when I think Futaba is best girl:D

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Mario Kart 8, Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Injustice 2, Akibas Beat, Persona 5   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#15594 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18468 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, I think hiding the last 3rd of the game wasn't the best idea either, I didn't really like 9S, so it was a bit of a struggle through that part.

9S is actually the best character in that game.

You're too blinded by waifus to see that though.

Someone come throw away all my figurines.

#15595 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2182 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

It's a good thing I wasn't planning on keeping my Fire Emblem Echoes sealed. When it arrived today, the seal had already popped open on the top of the box.

#15596 NeoMonk  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

It's a good thing I wasn't planning on keeping my Fire Emblem Echoes sealed. When it arrived today, the seal had already popped open on the top of the box.

Someone BETA tested it for yah. 

anigif22d8b.gifd7HXiln.jpg

#15597 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Mighty Gunvolt Burst debut trailer, full details

Spoiler

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack coming to Switch

PlatinumGames Teases a Mysterious New IP

Code: Realize ~Saikou no Hanataba~ launches August 24 in Japan

#15598 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Some VN announcements are coming out. Sekai Project finished their panel and i'll post later when they send their email about their announcements and stuff, but they are going to start doing BL games, so everyone who likes those will get those.

Now Denpasoft (Sekai Project's 18+ brand I believe) has some announcements from Anime Central so here is a summary:

Link (NSFW)

First Wagamama High Spec will be coming out soon from them. I will update when the release date is revealed as this is an easy buy for me.

Next new announcement Re;Lord ~Herford no Majo to Nuigurumi~ , which has some gameplay and has the main character stripping witches to defeat them. Hilarity ensues I'm sure.

G-senjou no Maou – The Devil on G-String 18+ version (finally....pretty old game and already on Steam).

Eternal Hour Indie Slice of Life with a twist VN.

Chronoclock no mosaics (better be free), an average game I already did a review of on this board.

That's it for Denpasoft....nothing too amazing, but I want that Wagamama game so i'm glad it will be releasing soon. Ready to get my fangs into another good VN.

Mangagamer has their panel at Anime Central so I will be doing a post for them and Sekai Project later.

#15599 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9029 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

So is Sekai Project working on Grisaia Vita?

Or did they did announce a couple more Kickstarters?

#15600 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on Switch confirmed to launch this fall in North America