* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#17551 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

I am in the minority here and believe the 2014 Godzilla movie was pretty decent. I'm certain it has something to do with the fact that I've watched about all of the sci-fi giant monster movies that was released by 'merica. So as others have mentioned, it is a lot better in comparison.

I didn't like the older king Kong movie with Jack black and Naomi watts either so I have high hopes for Kong.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#17552 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39797 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

2014 Godzilla is cool. 

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#17553 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

For my 5th grade graduation party I was given a lot of 98 Godzilla movie merchandise presents.

Spoiler

a2JEVSf.gif

#17554 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

I am in the minority here and believe the 2014 Godzilla movie was pretty decent. I'm certain it has something to do with the fact that I've watched about all of the sci-fi giant monster movies that was released by 'merica. So as others have mentioned, it is a lot better in comparison.

I didn't like the older king Kong movie with Jack black and Naomi watts either so I have high hopes for Kong.

Not to push the thread too much off-topic but I haven't watched too many, especially the older ones. But off the top of my head, I would say Cloverfield was my favorite, it was just so mysterious and realistic. I didn't like Pacific Rim much, nor Godzilla, nor the Jack Black King Kong reboot. 

Looking up an actual list, apparently Jurassic Park counts too, I guess that's my favorite. Tremors and Super 8 count as well apparently, and those were pretty great also. 

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17555 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Fire Emblem Warriors - Female Robin Trailer

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#17556 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4923 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Now here's a movie I thought was complete and utter garbage, where I had to force myself to finish watching it. It was the story of KK dragged out to 3 hours for God only knows what reasons? I guess to show special effects or something.

Luckily, I saw it as a rental at the time, but this would probably qualify for my top 10 list of worst movies I've seen.

#17557 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

Since you're all still talking about movies, I may as well mention that it looks like the rest of Little Witch Academia is on Netflix now. That should be everything there, making it all 25 episodes. Completely unrelated but probably still decently popular here is that Defenders, the next Marvel show on Netflix releases this Friday. It's eight episodes long, which is shorter than the typical 13 episodes of the other Marvel shows. Probably because Sigourney Weaver is in the show.

#17558 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

20XX has finally left early access on Steam. It's a roguelike action platformer that is in the style of a Mega Man X game. The game has full local and online co-op as well. Currently it's 20% off at $12. They have steadily raised the price from $8 when it originally released in early access to $10, then $12 and finally to the final price of $15 that it is now. With the current price point, $12 is the cheapest its been since it made that final jump about a year ago.

#17559 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

20XX has finally left early access on Steam. It's a roguelike action platformer that is in the style of a Mega Man X game. The game has full local and online co-op as well. Currently it's 20% off at $12. They have steadily raised the price from $8 when it originally released in early access to $10, then $12 and finally to the final price of $15 that it is now. With the current price point, $12 is the cheapest its been since it made that final jump about a year ago.

This looks pretty cool and would definitely pick it up if they made it available for consoles too. The addition of co-op for this type of action platformer is really interesting and would make for some good couch co-op play.

Might just wait for a steam sale if anything since I play on PC pretty rarely

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#17560 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4923 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Well, my replacement Sonic 25th Anniversary Art Book LE from Cook & Becker arrived today, and packaging was much better. Some how though, the book had dirty finger prints under the actual shrink wrap, so they for sure need to get it together for a book of this value. I'm guessing someone on their packaging line had rather dirty hands, which is a no no around items like this.

Since I sell things, removing the finger prints wasn't a big deal(as it's something I do on a regular basis), so on to the actually quality of the book. This is an amazing art book, and worthy of Sonic being 25. This book was delayed for a few months, as there where some quality issues the company didn't like, and had to have the run redone.

I really wanted the First4Figure Sonic 25th Statue, but that was a little out of my price range, but this was a rather good consolation prize. Very high quality, and a must for any Sonic fan, and just a nice art book in it's own right. This is for sure one of the nicer art books in my collection now. C&B offers just a plain version for a lot less, so for those on a budget, that should be good as well.

https://www.candb.co...ition-sega.html

#17561 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9630 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Fire Emblem Warriors - Female Robin Trailer

Where is Lyndis

#17562 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3991 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Fire Emblem Echoes devs – realistic proportions will carry over into the Switch game, why Alm is left-handed, more

Square Enix thinks Dragon Quest XI can hit the lower end of its sales target, hopeful for growth in 3DS sales

#17563 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1419976

oUpVxWN.jpg

I saw this pointed out on IGN as well, but their link to information went to the Nier Automata deal instead.

Seems like Amazon Prime 20% off only applies to pre-orders now, with the 2 week post-release window no longer applying.

From the GAF thread, apparently this also happened in Canada and next it was reduced to 10% off. No solid evidence that'll happen, but everyone loves a reason to put on their tinfoil hat.

Posted Image

#17564 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7882 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Just another reason to try to support Best Buy....  I am forced to use Amazon mainly for Vita pre-orders and Amazon unique stuff like that Korean horror game and Pqube stuff.

#17565 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Yep thank goodness for Best Buy.  Amazon has gone to shit over the last few years.   They don't even have actual sales anymore and all they do is price match the other retailers. 

I even buy all of my hardcover strategy guides, blu rays, and the occasional new release anime from Best Buy now and just have them price match stuff to Amazon. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#17566 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Yeesh, Best Buy just looks more and more like the gamers friend. 

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#17567 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

A weird vita item listed at $59.99 just popped up on Best Buy with the title "PSV-E3 Item 1 - PS Vita"

Release date listed as 10/24/2017 - that's the same date as Nights of Azure 2, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://www.bestbuy....Product&cmp=RMX

Posted Image

#17568 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3492 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

That blows, but I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I bought a game at release that wasn't Persona 5. 

#17569 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7882 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

I mainly collect Vita stuff on release (or for excited releases like Senran Kagura Boob Splash...I mean Peach Beach). Vita stuff other than the LRG stuff comes out relatively rarely, and I feel this might be the last year for having more releases. Just a gut feeling of course.

#17570 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1394 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

I saw this pointed out on IGN as well, but their link to information went to the Nier Automata deal instead.

Seems like Amazon Prime 20% off only applies to pre-orders now, with the 2 week post-release window no longer applying.

Guess if I want Peach Beach Splash, I better pre-order it from Amazon soon.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#17571 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

Guess if I want Peach Beach Splash, I better pre-order it from Amazon soon.

I'm getting it too, we should get some games together like we did for Injustice 2! 

I'm gonna get it from Gamestop though, it's not too expensive so I don't mind paying full price but skipping tax, so it's only $7/10% more than with GCU/Prime.

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17572 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1394 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

I'm getting it too, we should get some games together like we did for Injustice 2! 

Definitely, I'm down for it!

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#17573 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

Is there a discord group for these types of things? I never pay attention to the psn community

#17574 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

Is there a discord group for these types of things? I never pay attention to the psn community

I have no idea. I started using discord recently too and don't even know how that works. There's a dead thread on CAG though if you want to use that.

#17575 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3986 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

I don't have a best buy so on the rare occasion I want a game at launch I don't have that many options.  either amazon gamestop or walmart.  Or I suppose target.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#17576 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9630 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

Actually found a match on Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax on the Vita. I beat the guy and the guy rage quits. Not cool bro

#17577 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39797 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

I don't have a best buy so on the rare occasion I want a game at launch I don't have that many options.  either amazon gamestop or walmart.  Or I suppose target.

www.bestbuy.com?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#17578 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3991 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Shenmue III Will Be Published by Deep Silver Worldwide

Persona 5 Dancing Star Night and Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night Get First 1080p Screenshots

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III details The Derfflinger, Training Grounds

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy’s New Fortune Street Gets Trailers For Terry, Cloud, And Sephiroth

Dragon Ball FighterZ Features Super Saiyan Blue Goku & Vegeta, A New “What If” Story Mode

Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers details nightlife system

Watch The King of Fighters: Destiny Episode 3 “Angelina”

#17579 nagpo  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

that moment when you realize Deep Silver is a Koch Brothers subsidiary. Makes me not even want to buy the game. Just a little.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#17580 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Is the US getting Rabi Ribi by any chance?

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png