* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18511 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4357 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Will Launch With Digital Day One Edition and Free Catsuit DLC

Spoiler

VanillaWare hiring staff for unannounced project

Earth Defense Force 5 Season Pass, Japanese early buyer and pre-order bonuses announced

Culdcept Revolt Multiplayer Trailer Shows What It’s Like To Play With Others

Spoiler

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection Delayed Into Fall 2017 For Bug Fixes and Added Achievements

#18512 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

At this point, Capcom's really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Just watched a vid of that Marvel vs. Capcom Collector's edition with the Infinity Stones Eggs. Wow.

Really wonder what they're going to do when they run out of RE games to remaster for the thousandth time.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#18513 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

At this point, Capcom's really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Just watched a vid of that Marvel vs. Capcom Collector's edition with the Infinity Stones Eggs. Wow.

Really wonder what they're going to do when they run out of RE games to remaster for the thousandth time.

Megaman X and Battle Network collections please

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#18514 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Megaman X and Battle Network collections please

I know this is out of their safe "remaster" territory, but I'd love to see a remake of Dino Crisis.

I've given up on anything new with Darkstalkers because, y'know...it's Capcom.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#18515 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2854 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

A little late, but Date A Live is one of my favorite anime.

PRda2Da.gif

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#18516 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Capcom will never give us anything new. They don't even want to make a new Darkstalkers because the compilation didn't meet their expectations despite selling a lot.

I must have blinked once or twice, I seem to have missed the gameplay portion of that trailer.  :razz: 

It was literally just them walking. 

#18517 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#18518 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Capcom is a dogshit company but I'll take those < $20 "remasters".  They've pretty much ruined everything with microtransactions, paid DLC, cancelling franchises, and the inevitable "gold edition" that comes out a year later from every new release.   They barely create new games anymore, and the core design philosophy of everything they release is "how can we monetize this??"

I've learned my lesson so I just don't buy any new releases from them anymore. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18519 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

Capcom is a dogshit company but I'll take those < $20 "remasters".  They've pretty much ruined everything with microtransactions, paid DLC, cancelling franchises, and the inevitable "gold edition" that comes out a year later from every new release.   They barely create new games anymore, and the core design philosophy of everything they release is "how can we monetize this??"

I've learned my lesson so I just don't buy any new releases from them anymore. 

Pretty much all of that can apply to any of the big publishers/developers, and a lot of them are waaay worse than Capcom when it comes to monetizing games.

I'll never get why people love to single out Capcom though and act like they're the only company that does microtransactions, GOTY editions, etc...

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18520 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

like who?

#18521 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

Like who is worse?

Activision Blizzard, EA, Nintendo, Ubisoft...

Even smaller companies like XSEED do it. Look at the hilarious amount of DLC for stuff like Trails of Cold Steel, Senran Kagura, and Fate/Extella, a game which had a costume as digital preorder exclusive with no other way to get it. Bought the most expensive version of the game physically and want it? Too bad.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18522 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

I was thinking more of the JPN side.

#18523 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

I don't see why it matters where the company is. They all do it (and in a lot of cases worse than Capcom), yet people love to single out Capcom and I don't really get why. I guess it was the cool thing a couple years ago, but didn't know it still was.

#18524 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Those damn Diablo DLCs, StarCraft DLCs, and Splatoon DLCs...

Wait, which one's are worse again? Other than maybe EA?

Spoiler

#18525 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

Those damn Diablo DLCs, StarCraft DLCs, and Splatoon DLCs...

Wait, which one's are worse again? Other than maybe EA?

All of them. They all monetize games, most of them do GOTY editions, they all have tons of dlc. The Overwatch GOTY edition is especially hilarious considering what it comes with. Not to mention that game literally has the same monetization structure as a F2P mobile game, except it's not free and $60 instead.

How is Capcom any worse than any of them?

#18526 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

Pretty much all of that can apply to any of the big publishers/developers, and a lot of them are waaay worse than Capcom when it comes to monetizing games.

I'll never get why people love to single out Capcom though and act like they're the only company that does microtransactions, GOTY editions, etc...

I don't think it's singling out anybody.  EA, Activision, and Capcom are all the worst.  These companies all devalue their own franchises.  Blizzard is terrible too, but that's debatable.  I don't buy much from any of these publishers. 

Capcom also barely makes new games anymore. 

#18527 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

All of them. They all monetize games, most of them do GOTY editions, they all have tons of dlc. 

How is Capcom any worse than any of them?

The question was who's worse, not who monetizes with DLCs. There's a HUGE difference between cosmetic pieces (Trails, Tales), and selling season passes that don't include popular characters (Capcom).

Does Destiny do it? Sure. Does Blizzard? Not really.

And people also love to bitch about game companies nickel and diming people using DLCs. I guess you don't remember when SNES carts were sometimes more than games + all DLCs, even before adjusting for inflation.

Let me do the googlefu for you. $60 in 1995 is almost $100 now. Even with DLCs and season passes, we're paying less than we were before. And these are obviously much bigger productions.

Spoiler

#18528 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

The question was who's worse, not who monetizes with DLCs. There's a HUGE difference between cosmetic pieces (Trails, Tales), and selling season passes that don't include popular characters (Capcom).

Does Destiny do it? Sure. Does Blizzard? Not really.

And people also love to bitch about game companies nickel and diming people using DLCs. I guess you don't remember when SNES carts were sometimes more than games + all DLCs, even before adjusting for inflation.

Let me do the googlefu for you. $60 in 1995 is almost $100 now. Even with DLCs and season passes, we're paying less than we were before. And these are obviously much bigger productions.

Monetizing with DLC can in fact make a company worse. Season passes that don't include absolutely every piece of DLC the game with come out with aren't unheard of. I really don't see the HUGE difference between the two things. Both things are content that are being held out of the game to be sold to you separately. Maybe I care more about the missing costumes than a character I'll never use in a fighting game? 

#18529 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

Destiny, Overwatch, and JRPGs just offer paid cosmetics.  They are also complete games without purchasing any additional extras.  You're not really missing anything if you don't buy them.

Street Fighter locked characters, Resident Evil "Gold" editions, multiple megaman legacy collections are way worse.  That's the very definition of cut content sold as additional DLC. 

I'm also surprised to hear you lump Ubisoft in with everybody else.  Seeing as they offer complete games before buying any extra content.  Their additional content model is also simplified and easy to understand if you want to support their games. 

Even Call of Duty's model is easy to understand and support if you wish.  $60 for the base game with tons of multiplayer replayability, and then you can buy the map packs if you want for another $60.   It's pretty straightforward and you're getting good bang for your buck even if you don't buy the future map packs. Most importantly, Ubisoft and Call of Duty (Activision) aren't selling complete editions at a fraction of the price one year later.   They don't have the same buyers' remorse associated with the early adopter fee.  The additional content maintains its price point. 

There are big differences between the finished games produced by all of the major companies.

#18530 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5609 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, my biggest issues with Capcom currently is their lack of making new and or quality games. They used to be one of my favorite publishers, now if they closed shop tomorrow I wouldn't shed any tears. Even though they keep offering these remakes, at least there cheap, but I rarely if ever buy new games anymore, unless it's in a CE that I'm worried will sell out.

So I'm sure tons of places have adopted the nickel & dime policies of many bigger publishers, but I just vote with my wallet, and leave those games on the shelves, and then buy them cheap with everything included.

I guess as the industry has changed in recent years, many places like Capcom just didn't get out in front of the oncoming changes, and got stuck in a place they didn't want to be. And now we see those outcomes, and without some serious plans for the future, and how to get gamers back, it's all but over.

#18531 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

Destiny, Overwatch, and JRPGs just offer paid cosmetics.  They are also complete games without purchasing any additional extras.  You're not really missing anything if you don't buy them.

Street Fighter locked characters, Resident Evil "Gold" editions, multiple megaman legacy collections are way worse.  That's the very definition of cut content sold as additional DLC. 

I'm also surprised to hear you lump Ubisoft in with everybody else.  Seeing as they offer complete games before buying any extra content.  Their additional content model is also simplified and easy to understand if you want to support their games. 

Content is content. That's nice you think cosmetics deserve a free pass, but I don't. It's content clearly held out of the game to be sold separately. What Capcom games are you complaining about not being complete? RE6 had a ton of content, more than any other game of that style I can think of. The DLC came down to a few extra maps for mercenaries mode. Destiny will absolutely have more DLC in the form of expansions. It's not different from extra story DLC in any Resident Evil game that had it. They're just priced relative to what you're getting.

Also in regards to Capcom not making new games, didn't MvC:I just come out? And Monster Hunter Stories? Monster Hunter World in January...

#18532 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11361 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:22 AM

Whoa....whoknows dropped his persona

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18533 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4357 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

tumblr_ojdoj6x8pn1u3mdvio1_500.gif

#18534 elessar123  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:36 AM

Maybe he's trapped in a palace.

Spoiler

#18535 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Capcom milking dat Monster Hunter. 

#18536 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

I totally forgot the retail release of White Day is coming next week. Yay.

And Gundam Versus too.

#18537 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2854 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

O2F3bwS.gif

Whoknows, I love you and agree with you on literally everything else. But I can't this time after being scarred by Street Fighter V. Rererereleasing Street Fighter 2 for the Switch also left a bad taste. And Marvel vs Capcom having 24/30 characters being the same, and keeping the same level 3 super animations is too much.

I'll give it to them that they're changing though, and they're not all bad. Resident Evil 7 was really good, and they are having a free DLC campaign coming out. Dead Rising 4 for PS4 is gonna be $50, not $60 and include all the DLC. They rereleased DMC4 even with the new DmC gaining traction. And all of SFV's DLC characters can be earned from playing the game and not having to spent real cash, so you don't even have to buy the season pass. I can't say that about any other recent fighting game.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#18538 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

Let's not fight, let's love! live

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#18539 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10382 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Ye. Love Live. 

#18540 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

I want to love something now