* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18571 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

I saw on Twitter posting a line where someone mentions taking a dookie. Funny for all the wrong reasons. 

I'm wondering how the PC version is gonna look when they actually launch it. Too bad I never got a beta code. I take it you didn't either Drake? Man if only they let US play the beta two weeks beforehand! 

Oh and not sure if this got posted but Zwei The Ilvard Insurrection got pushed back to Fall 2017. Oddly they delayed the game one day before their release window closed similar to what NISA did with Ys VIII...but then again Xseed gives windows and then drops the release date two weeks before launch. Make of it what you will folks. 

Either way, more time for me to play Ys VII, VIII, Destiny 2, and...oh what the heck was I gonna play? Everything. What will I finish? The world may never know. 

He probably says the same thing in Japanese, but what word and context they used for it could be something else entirely. So I can't really comment on whether NISA was at fault there for that. It's not unusual for Japanese characters to be candid about their habits when they're from the countryside. It's one of the lesser issues the translation has anyways.

And no, I did not get into beta. Played a friends copy on the PS4. Durante has some playtime, but very little (less than an hour). I think it appeared on his Steam profile after their delay. Whether or not that means anything is anybodies guess. He's mostly playing Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Yes, Zwei was delayed. No real surprise there. There was less than two weeks before Summer ended, so they figured they ought to update it to fall. Seems like it's mostly done, just fixing all of the bugs and what not. They also put up a Localization Blog #3 about it as well.

#18572 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   779 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

That Soejima one looks amazing. Where did you buy it from and how much was it? A quick Google search showed that it was sold out from the usual suspects.

I bought the Japanese version because the English version is 100+ bucks, and there's relatively little text like BRW mentioned

I got it using ShoppingMallJapan as proxy for Yahoo JP auctions

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#18573 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10029 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ready to play some Virtual - On

#18574 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Not sure why this DLC is taking more than 8 months to release...

Yakuza Kiwami 2 TGS 2017 Gameplay Footage Shows New Clan Creator And Gravure Shoot

Spoiler

*sigh* I was hoping that they would have updated the Dragon Engine for Kiwami 2....Guess not. Everyone still has those expressionless faces during in-game cutscenes and ragdoll physics still looks present.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#18575 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36176 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Oh snap, it's happening:

http://www.esrb.org/...Luv Alternative

Spoiler

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#18576 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10029 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

we'll get Muv Luv before we ever get a Sekai Project title on consoles

#18577 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3715 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

While watching the Hokuto ga Gotoku trailer, all I could think about was how fun that game must have been to record for the voice actors.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#18578 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

I bought the Japanese version because the English version is 100+ bucks, and there's relatively little text like BRW mentioned

I got it using ShoppingMallJapan as proxy for Yahoo JP auctions

Ahhh cool, thanks for the info. I saw a couple on eBay for 40ish, so I wasn't sure if those were legitimate. I'll look into it some more, thanks again.

Never been worried about Muv Luv getting here, since they have been giving consistent updates every so often and the team seems to be actually passionate about the everything.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#18579 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Never been worried about Muv Luv getting here, since they have been giving consistent updates every so often and the team seems to be actually passionate about the everything.

It's just Sekai Project giving localization of VNs to the Vita a bad name. They've promised a lot, shown nothing for it and don't keep anybody updated on what the hell they're actually doing. They probably have some unpaid intern the only person working on getting the Vita versions done, if any at all.

#18580 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Just saw I got an e-mail earlier today that my Senran Kagura Peach Beach Slash shipped.

ce4.gif

Can't wait to play with you all in the battlefield pool!

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#18581 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10029 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

It's just Sekai Project giving localization of VNs to the Vita a bad name. They've promised a lot, shown nothing for it and don't keep anybody updated on what the hell they're actually doing. They probably have some unpaid intern the only person working on getting the Vita versions done, if any at all.

They announced their partnership with LRG last year ago. Nothing yet. Lul

#18582 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

I bought the Japanese version because the English version is 100+ bucks,

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. I bought mine when it came out and had no idea the price had inflated like this. 

#18583 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4190 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Code Vein Won’t Have Easier Difficulty Setting; Devs Explain Main Difference with Dark Souls

Final Fantasy XIV Reveals FFXII-Inspired Raid and More in New Screenshots of Update 4.1

Demon Gaze II Gets New Character Trailer With English Voice Over

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey V – Harbinger class trailer

Spoiler

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation first details, screenshots

Monster Hunter: World details story, main characters, exploration, and more

#18584 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Bullet Girls Phantasia confirmed for Asian-English release:

Faaaantastic. Now give me omega labyrinth z and I would have all the import games I want.

Guess I'll be getting the vita version. Hope it doesn't get gimped too hard. Looks like a musou so probably just fewer enemies on screen and lower framerate like Extella.

#18585 Tothoro  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Faaaantastic. Now give me omega labyrinth z and I would have all the import games I want.

Guess I'll be getting the vita version. Hope it doesn't get gimped too hard. Looks like a musou so probably just fewer enemies on screen and lower framerate like Extella.

The first two were comparable to the Senran Kagura games, so essentially ecchi musou.

I want OMZ as well, but ever since the Heavy-Arm incident I'm very doubtful it'll get any English support. I have a long list of games I'd like to see come over, but the only one that looks like it's still a possibility is Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain because of the PS4 "Plus" version.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#18586 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8029 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

It's a matter of time for Coven. Seems like an obvious choice for NISA.

#18587 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Oh no, I understand completely when it comes to issues with Sekai Project. It just seemed there were some who were worried the issues would befall Muv Luv, because as you mentioned when it comes to VNs, Sekai's name has tainted the pool.

Got my shipping notice for PBS tooo!

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#18588 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11184 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

It's a matter of time for Coven. Seems like an obvious choice for NISA.

Stop getting my hopes up

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18589 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

I guess these are all the characters who are going to get new voice overs to some of their lines for the PC port of Cold Steel II?

Direct Twitter Link

Spoiler

Sad that I don't see Becky on that list. Good that we'll see Fast Arts Man #2 voiced. More Duvalie is absolutely fucking awesome though. She was a riot.

And seeing of Cold Steel III just brings up so many questions I don't really want answered, ever. Guess I'll need to start avoiding Trails threads for a while since the game releases in Japan next week. Now for the long, long wait.

#18590 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:40 AM

I guess these are all the characters who are going to get new voice overs to some of their lines for the PC port of Cold Steel II?

Direct Twitter Link

Spoiler

Sad that I don't see Becky on that list. Good that we'll see Fast Arts Man #2 voiced. More Duvalie is absolutely fucking awesome though. She was a riot.

And seeing of Cold Steel III just brings up so many questions I don't really want answered, ever. Guess I'll need to start avoiding Trails threads for a while since the game releases in Japan next week. Now for the long, long wait.

I was wondering what that picture meant. And as far as the wait, I still feel like:

1vy0k8.jpg

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#18591 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

I was wondering what that picture meant. And as far as the wait, I still feel like:

If you're referring to the twitter pic, some of the voices may also be for Cold Steel I. They couldn't get everybody they wanted in prior to release, so some got shoved to when they were going to do the recordings for Cold Steel II PC.

The second pic, I have no words.

#18592 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

The first two were comparable to the Senran Kagura games, so essentially ecchi musou.

I want OMZ as well, but ever since the Heavy-Arm incident I'm very doubtful it'll get any English support. I have a long list of games I'd like to see come over, but the only one that looks like it's still a possibility is Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain because of the PS4 "Plus" version.

i hope this new one is musuo style because the first one had very few enemies at once. about 4 or 5 most but usually only 2 at a time.

still waiting for owz in English too, along with the moe chronicles ones.

#18593 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4058 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

If you're referring to the twitter pic, some of the voices may also be for Cold Steel I. They couldn't get everybody they wanted in prior to release, so some got shoved to when they were going to do the recordings for Cold Steel II PC.

The second pic, I have no words.

Hmm I wonder if the girls are going to get shirtless options :P  It's only fair ;)  Also who's the silver haired guy with the pony tail?  Is that a new character?

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#18594 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4190 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

New Sword Art Online VR Project Sword Art Online: Replication Announced

New Umihara Kawase teased for Switch

First Fire Emblem Warriors New 3DS gameplay video

Spoiler

New Fire Emblem Warriors footage (History Mode, Lyn, more)

Spoiler

Yakuza Online’s First Footage From TGS 2017 Gives Us A Look At Its RPG Battles

Spoiler

Clock Tower Creator Hifumi Kono Is Working On DMM’s First PS4-Exclusive Title Announced At TGS 2017

Atelier Lydie & Suelle’s TGS 2017 Gameplay Video Takes Us Into A Painting World Demo

Spoiler

#18595 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:33 AM

I'll never forgive Capcom Japan for Legends 3.

Monster Hunter World will be, I think, the second Capcom game I've bought since the Legends cancellation.

Annnnd I missed all the Capcom discussion by a page or two >_>
Posted Image

#18596 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:43 AM

For those still interested in the Project Diva DX controller Amazon.JP sorted out their ridic shipping cost & It's now down to $140 shipped.

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#18597 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

I haven't seen it in any of the articles posted, but Atelier Lydie & Suelle has been confirmed to be coming to PC/Steam like the past two games. Just need to hope Koei Tecmo does a better job, but anybody who has watched their PC ports over the years know that isn't going to happen.

I don't remember if it was originally announced to include PC or not. Usually they aren't.

#18598 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I haven't seen it in any of the articles posted, but Atelier Lydie & Suelle has been confirmed to be coming to PC/Steam like the past two games. Just need to hope Koei Tecmo does a better job, but anybody who has watched their PC ports over the years know that isn't going to happen.

I don't remember if it was originally announced to include PC or not. Usually they aren't.

No it wasn't but it was kind of a given seeing as we're getting blue reflection soon and nights of azure. I'm glad gust(kt) is embracing the pc market. Planning to buy the bundle and season pass for blue reflection on pc.

#18599 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4190 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

Atelier Lydie & Suelle’s Western Release Announced for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC

Spoiler

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Gets Launch Trailer Full of Ninja Waifus

Spoiler

Monster Hunter World Gets Tons of Gameplay Showing Character Creation, Intro and Spectacular Hunting

Spoiler

Bullet Girls Phantasia Gets Interrogation Gameplay Shown During TGS 2017

Spoiler

Genkai Tokki Castle Panzers Gets New Trailer Detailing Castle Building Gameplay

Spoiler

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch launch trailer

Nintendo Account adds 2-step verification

#18600 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Ooh they have dual attacks. Which we know but it looks cooler than I thought. I wonder if everyone will have a unique pair attack. Also I don't get what the criteria is for Suelle to perform the extra attacks. She seems to be activating it every time but Sophie didn't support attack once. Nevermind, seems sophie support attacks when you use items I guess? Still not sure but it seems like each of them has a different requirement. Lydie always heals when you attack or take damage.