* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18721 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Even with the latest releases, the west is actually more and better Vita games.

Them's fighting words.

#18722 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11016 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Them's fighting words.

LOL

Excluding Japan of course. 

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18723 pjmomo   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

senran kagura peach beach splash box is a lot smaller than what i had imagined.

Spoiler

#18724 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

thought it would be bigger

#18725 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Project Nimbus just came out of early access on steam and is $11.24(25% off).

http://store.steampo...Project_Nimbus/

The retail price will go up to $20 after October 16th so I would suggest getting it now if you're interested. Seems highly reviewed.

#18726 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Spoiler

Yea, and Danganronpa 3 is massive.

Spoiler

#18727 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5182 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Now that Blue Reflection is out on the PC and people have played the game, it seems that while the PC version is still a little bit inferior to the PS4 version in terms of graphics it's not as bad as Atelier Firis was. Most of the comparisons I see use youtube screenshots for the PS4 version which isn't really a valid comparison. However there was one that may be a pre-rendered scene where it looks like it was upscaled and has a fair amount of visible artifacts. I have no way to confirm that the one I linked is accurate either, but it looks to be the case as multiple people are reporting it. Outside of that, it has been passable from what I've seen.

Granted they still don't know how to properly include graphic options and you'll probably be forced to edit the INI file directly. I'm not even sure the game supports proper Keyboard & Mouse controls, let alone configure it. At least they've got X-Input I guess?

The game is still $42.50 on GMG while Steam has it listed for $54 after a 10% discount. Figured I should probably do a follow-up from my original post.

#18728 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39795 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, console gaming is pretty cool.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18729 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

That's what she said. LOL

#18730 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

I went to TGS this year, if anyone wants them. I can post my pics of the booth babes.

#18731 Psyngelic   A Fragile Doll CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

That's what I said.

Such a disappointment.

#18732 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3987 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

Danganronpa V3 Launches in North America With a New Trailer Full of Debate

Spoiler

Blue Reflection Launches in the West With $79.99 Season Pass DLC and Additional Costumes

Spoiler

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Keeps the Summer Going in Cheeky New Launch Trailer

Spoiler

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Gets Japanese Release Date for PS4, PS Vita and Switch

Spoiler

#18733 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39795 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

In for Blue Reflection $79.99 season pass

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18734 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

That's what I said.

Such a disappointment.

You're not happen when it's big, and you're not happy when it's small!

Spoiler

#18735 Psyngelic   A Fragile Doll CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

You're not happen when it's big, and you're not happy when it's small!

This time I was referring to a dick, not boobs. There is a happy medium to these sorts of things you know. There is an exception to my boob rule though. D's can look good in Anime, and Anime-esque games, like Senran Kagura. Those are the only times! (In my opinion)

#18736 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11016 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Those are the only times! (In my opinion)

Your opinion is wrong, doll.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18737 Psyngelic   A Fragile Doll CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Your opinion is wrong, doll.

I am well aware of that. This is the internet after all.

#18738 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

This time I was referring to a dick, not boobs. There is a happy medium to these sorts of things you know. There is an exception to my boob rule though. D's can look good in Anime, and Anime-esque games, like Senran Kagura. Those are the only times! (In my opinion)

Calm down, it was a joke.

Spoiler

#18739 Psyngelic   A Fragile Doll CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Calm down, it was a joke.

Oh pft, I am calm. I didn't actually take what you said that seriously. I'm not actually as serious as my posts probably make me out to be.

Maybe it's the lack of emotion that I fail to put forth into my posts, or perhaps the lack of emotes that make me out to be incredibly serious. Hell if I know!

#18740 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3492 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

I went to TGS this year, if anyone wants them. I can post my pics of the booth babes.

That depends. What angles you got?

#18741 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

99cjWuB.gif

Today is a good day!

Index Season 3 potentially confirmed via a leak.

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash came out (I'm expecting a BRW unboxing video) and while I have not gotten them yet I'm glad to see everyone is also enjoying their copies of Blue Reflection and Danganronpa V3 which also came out today. I wanted to post my Senran Kagura PBS box copy but since everyone usually does that already I decided to do something unique.

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to playing with everyone.

Finally a new Battlefront 2 trailer came out, which I also look forward to playing with anyone here interested with as well!

Reminder the beta starts next week on October 6th.

a2JEVSf.gif

#18742 Tothoro  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Peach Beach Splash was delivered and Mary Skelter, Ys VIII, Danganronpa V3, and A Rose in the Twilight LEs shipped today. What a great day.

(RIP wallet)

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#18743 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2672 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

My 1st impressions of Senran Kagura PBS (Only played through the opening day so far):

• The CE is a small package but still really neat! The art book and soundtrack have pretty designs. Book has a ton of pages, soundtrack has a ton of songs. 
  • Gameplay is a lot more refined that I expected. It's way more fluid than the previous Senran Kagura musous, and really focuses on the shooting aspect with all types of guns and melee attacks are slow and weak.
  • Story is pretty wacky and full of innuendos. Master Kiriya seems so out of place. 
  • Graphics are okay, nothing Marvelous. Music is decent, opening soundtrack was awesome.

A couple of minor complaints though. I think they removed the leveling system and made it an upgrade system, which is a shame since leveling up chars and unlocking new moves in SK was really fun. Yumi seems to be the new main character and it sucks for Asuka who seems completely overshadowed now. Homura and Miyabi are almost nonexistent compared to Yumi. And why are all the bikini's white? A little color/design variety would be nice. I'm sure it's customization but they should've started with different designs that match different characters (rainbow for Asuka, purple for Murasaki, etc.) My favorite bikini color is black, so this was disappointing.

No unboxing video this time, it's not really a full-fledged CE. I might do one for Cyberdimension Neptunia. Thanks for reading!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#18744 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

That depends. What angles you got?

LOL, good one^

#18745 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

How was TGS? It's on my bucket list of events I want to go to, but I'm wondering if the wait times for the long lines and stuff are worth it.

Posted Image

#18746 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10400 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

So is Summon Knight 6 officially delayed again?  I noticed both Amazon and Gamestop show a 10/10 release date now. 

#18747 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20381 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:05 AM

And why are all the bikini's white?

Because when white bikinis gets wet...

giphy.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#18748 elessar123  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

Guess you've never seen pink ones!

Spoiler

#18749 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3986 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

giphy.gif

Huh I have never seen that before either

Spoiler

That's really pathetic for a special or whatever edition.

Anywho hdn r1 is on sale on bundle stars for 4.50 for those interested https://www.bundlest..._eid=e7fa53f167

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#18750 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

So how is Blue Reflection? I just heard of it today and it looks interesting but I wouldn't go out of my way to get the season pass. Is the fighting engine similar to neptunia games?